The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden on Team 1040 Today

Squamfan

@mattsekeres

Linden says Zack Kassian needs to worry about being "a complete player" not about what line he plays on. #Canucks

@mattsekeres

Linden says team has looked at Johnny Canuck jerseys with Johnny as the primary logo. #Canucks

These two concern me. Sounds like they're expecting Kassian to be a bottom 6 forward. I was hoping to see him in the top 6 this year. Hopefully this is a non-issue.

And I really hope they don't make another jersey. The ones we have are fine. Linden even got to play in the current jerseys. Wouldn't feel right for him to get rid of them.

Give me fresh sushi over regurgitated animal parts/droppings any day.

Johnny Canuck has been lined up for years.Might need a jersey fund infusion if Aqau man is to spend to the cap.

Hedging bets on Kassian is fair game. He has to earn his place and keep it like any other NHL professional.

Horvat is coming. Spread the risk and build up 3c/2c for the future.

I can't imagine trying to balance a plate of sushi on my lap while drinking a beer and watching the game. I'll take the cardboard pretzel that I can throw onto the ground when - ok *IF* - the Canucks score (lets be realistic) and not be worried about rice and crap all over the place. I'm all for better food but better prices would be way nicer. $5 for the worst piece of pizza in your life, when you can literally walk across the street and get a slice for just over a dollar? BS. Nice food? Go for it, but keep some of the sections with the cheap stuff, pizza, hot dogs (ew), burgers, etc etc, just make the prices less like we are living in siberia where cheese and bread is very rare.

Give me cheap hotdogs and cheap beer. I'm not going to eat sushi during a hockey game.

I worked in the meat industry for nearly a decade.

I have not eaten a hotdog in thirty-five years.

Take a small tour of a processing plant or rendering plant.It will make you a dedicated label reader for life.

I know where to find Matt Sekeres and other people posting info from the Team 1040 radio station where Linden is talking from on Twitter. That got me (and VC) the info the OP was looking for. Why not cut out the middle man and go straight to the source if you want to know something?

EDIT: here's one that's really important to many of us:

Don't want to post the requested info, don't. But also don't be a wad telling ppl interested in CANUCKS INFO ON CANUCKS.COM to find it somewhere else. They let people post on this forum for a reason.

Don't want to post the requested info, don't. But also don't be a wad telling ppl interested in CANUCKS INFO ON CANUCKS.COM to find it somewhere else. They let people post on this forum for a reason.

The OP asked a question, I told him where to find the answer. I was also helpful to other posters having similar issues. What have you posted that's useful in this thread?

Is this another hint that he might play on the third line ? Although he isn't a SURE lock on the top 6, he is capable of playing there as long as he's becoming that "complete player" Linden was talking about. And Bonino could sure help him with his playmaking abilities.. he'll get the puck more now that Kesler's gone.

I don't know why people have Kassian in their top 6. He's making grounds offensively, but his defence still has me uneasy. And with an aging Burr likely on that left wing he can't be a liability. We'll have to see how he does before I consider him top 6, even on a team considered in the middle of a mini rebuild/retool.

We don't have the luxury of a top end shut down centre on that 2nd line. Our defence is going to have to step up. We don't have any real shut down forwards.

As I mentioned they were likely to earlier, the Team1040 has posted a link to the audio for those that want to hear it:

God forbid I reference Twitter again though, hopefully no one freaks out that I'm once again posting useful information that people should already know where they can find things they want to know about.

And no, I'm not going to transcribe it for the OP as it's two hours long, but they've nicely put up some portions of the interview as highlights as well as the full interview.

Here are the highlights audio links.

Tough West teams:

http://media.teamradio.ca/Audio/Linden%20on%20beating%20tough%20West%20Teams%20and%20Play.mp3

Gino:

http://media.teamradio.ca/Audio/Linden%20on%20Gino%20and%20Plans%20to%20honor%20him.mp3

Kassian:

http://media.teamradio.ca/Audio/Linden%20on%20Kassian.mp3

Vey:

http://media.teamradio.ca/Audio/Linden%20on%20Linden%20Vey.mp3

Making Van attractive for UFAs:

http://media.teamradio.ca/Audio/Linden%20on%20making%20Van%20attractive%20for%20Free%20Agen.mp3

As I mentioned they were likely to earlier, the Team1040 has posted a link to the audio for those that want to hear it:

God forbid I reference Twitter again though, hopefully no one freaks out that I'm once again posting useful information that people should already know where they can find things they want to know about.

And no, I'm not going to transcribe it for the OP as it's two hours long, but they've nicely put up some portions of the interview as highlights as well as the full interview.

Its not that you don't post useful information, its that you are condescending and talk down to others when you do it.

Its not that you don't post useful information, its that you are condescending and talk down to others when you do it.

Would you enjoy getting a request to transcribe 2 hours of radio because someone couldn't listen to it even though the best points were sure to get posted on another source like Twitter? Some people need the hint they can find these things out for themselves.

It wasn't specific to me of course, but it's much the same as people posting the same threads over and over because they couldn't be bothered to do the simplest of searches or repeatedly failing to post things properly (tags, correct forum, etc.) despite having been informed by the mods multiple times.

Maybe I drip some sarcasm into a post, but I always try and post something that at least points to something useful. Is it worse than people who come in and post 'IBTL' or other spammy posts, or do I actually provide helpful information?

EDIT: I shouldn't even bother, so that's all I'll say. If people want to discuss the information (whether they find it on their own or find it when others are nice enough to post it) then go ahead, but don't flame others and derail the thread because they posted common sense.

Thanks for posting the audio clips. I cannot listen to them at work so I was hoping something written down would arrive, however, I didn't expect many revealing things in this interview anyway, so there was no reason to complain about that. There wasn't much of a reason to complain about people not going to some guy's twitter automatically about this trivial event either, but whatever. CDC: It's a process.

Would you enjoy getting a request to transcribe 2 hours of radio because someone couldn't listen to it even though the best points were sure to get posted on another source like Twitter? Some people need the hint they can find these things out for themselves.

It wasn't specific to me of course, but it's much the same as people posting the same threads over and over because they couldn't be bothered to do the simplest of searches or repeatedly failing to post things properly (tags, correct forum, etc.) despite having been informed by the mods multiple times.

Maybe I drip some sarcasm into a post, but I always try and post something that at least points to something useful. Is it worse than people who come in and post 'IBTL' or other spammy posts, or do I actually provide helpful information?

EDIT: I shouldn't even bother, so that's all I'll say. If people want to discuss the information (whether they find it on their own or find it when others are nice enough to post it) then go ahead, but don't flame others and derail the thread because they posted common sense.

I wouldn't take that request seriously, so I wouldn't really think anything of it. Certainly what you do is not worse than 'IBTL' and other garbage, but I think that people may be more receptive to the information you provide (you're not wrong) if it was said in a way that doesn't make people feel insulted, which is another way that a thread can become derailed.

Anyway, I think have commented on this before, and there is really no need for me to say anything further. I still enjoy reading your posts when they are directly related to hockey.

Archived