The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Gardiner re-signs with Leafs

elvis15

I'd be okay with poaching JVR or Lupul for say HIggins to help them out. That would let us move burr down to 3 LW.

Not Bad if we can swing JVR by adding a pick and shipping out Lack for a Pick of similar calibre to say the peg:

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($5.000m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Nick Bonino ($1.900m) / Zack Kassian ($1.750m)
Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Shawn Matthias ($1.750m) / Linden Vey ($0.735m)
Derek Dorsett ($1.633m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($2.500m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Luca Sbisa ($2.175m)
Chris Tanev ($2.000m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($6.000m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.200m)
BUYOUTS
David Booth ($0.000m)
Keith Ballard ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARIES (1.16% of upper limit)
Roberto Luongo ($0.800m—15.00%)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,593,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,406,667

Lupul Would handcuff us cap wise a little bit:

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($5.000m)
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nick Bonino ($1.900m) / Zack Kassian ($1.750m)
Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Shawn Matthias ($1.750m) / Linden Vey ($0.735m)
Derek Dorsett ($1.633m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($2.500m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Luca Sbisa ($2.175m)
Chris Tanev ($2.000m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($6.000m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.200m)
BUYOUTS
David Booth ($0.000m)
Keith Ballard ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARIES (1.16% of upper limit)
Roberto Luongo ($0.800m—15.00%)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,593,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $406,667

How pissed off must Franson be seeing this.

You have to watch the games. Gardiner > Franson. When I watched their games last year I was left wishing the Canucks had at least one guy on our roster that added what Gardiner does.

His speed and ability to get a play moving from the back end, also to break down checking forwards at the offensive blue line are significant to help the fleet forwards of TO score. He's dangerous. Not bridging him leaves them seriously handcuffed short term, but this deal itself is a good one.

It's not the source of their problems. Which still now have to be sorted out I guess...

Franson is just a big shot, and lots of deficiencies. He is one trade I would consider if I were the Leaf's?

Does anyone else see Nonis struggling to get his pay's back in order? Eerily like MG's too late efforts last summer...

I feel like this is a bit much for Gardiner but that's just me.

name="Beastmode33" post="12295554" timestamp="1406676596"]

I'd be okay with poaching JVR or Lupul for say HIggins to help them out. That would let us move burr down to 3 LW.

Not Bad if we can swing JVR by adding a pick and shipping out Lack for a Pick of similar calibre to say the peg:

You're not serious...are you?

You're not serious...are you?

I didnt go to capgeek armchair gm then copy paste two rosters because I was joking.

And whats your problem with this? You dont get out of cap trouble and come out with a steal of a deal, thats why I called it poaching.

They will have to do something and i doubt anyones going to take their over paid players that dont produce like clarkson without them giving up something of value. Look what we had to do with garrison, lou, kesler when other gm's knew we were screwed, we took much less than fair value.

At least they would get higgy and a high pick, possibly a mid tier prospect like subban could be thrown in too.

Lmao keep dreaming. Higgins for JVR lmao, Having a large contract isn't being in "cap trouble". It's having a large contract and being a crappy player. That's cap trouble. IE: Clarkson.

Lmao keep dreaming. Higgins for JVR lmao, Having a large contract isn't being in "cap trouble". It's having a large contract and being a sh*t player. That's cap trouble. IE: Clarkson.

I guess you can keep dreaming that the leafs will figure this out, without losing something of value. Do you think Nonis can keep his job with the roster he has right now?

GMs have to do some crazy stuff when they manage their cap poorly.

Getting a first higgy and a prospect is pretty equal to what we got for kesler especially when you consider our first will likely be higher than 24th.

IMO Kesler > JVR

I guess you can keep dreaming that the leafs will figure this out, without losing something of value. Do you think Nonis can keep his job with the roster he has right now?

GMs have to do some crazy stuff when they manage their cap poorly.

Getting a first higgy and a prospect is pretty equal to what we got for kesler especially when you consider our first will likely be higher than 24th.

IMO Kesler > JVR

JVR is a budding top line power forward. Higgins is a great third liner/fringe second liner.

JVR >>> Higgins

JVR is a budding top line power forward. Higgins is a great third liner/fringe second liner.

JVR >>> Higgins

JVR is definitely greater than higgy, but I never said he wasn't. Is JVR greater than being under the cap + higgy + 1st + prospect?

You guys are quite the flamers aren't you. Do you think San Jose was excited to trade Erhoff for White? You gotta do what you gotta do kid.

JVR is definitely greater than higgy, but I never said he wasn't. Is JVR greater than being under the cap + higgy + 1st + prospect?

You guys are quite the flamers aren't you. Do you think San Jose was excited to trade Erhoff for White? You gotta do what you gotta do kid.

What the Leafs gotta do is NOT trade JVR.

I believe San Jose was in cap trouble at the time and gave Gillis a 'welcome to the NHL' gift kinda trade.

What the leafs HAVE to do is get under the cap and ice a full team. Other than that your words are just opinion much like mine so lets leave it at that son.

They'd easily move Lupul or Clarkson to get under the cap waaaay before they'd even consider trading JVR.

What the leafs HAVE to do is get under the cap and ice a full team. Other than that your words are just opinion much like mine so lets leave it at that son.

So...to get under the cap they have to trade JVR? You know, they can trade other guys or simply just waive somebody. No way they trade JVR. Stupid, stupid stupid. 'Son'.

So...to get under the cap they have to trade JVR? You know, they can trade other guys or simply just waive somebody. No way they trade JVR. Stupid, stupid stupid. 'Son'.

I never said they had to trade him. I said they are in cap trouble and stated what I would like to poach from them.

If you reply to my post with "Not sure they take that, maybe they take this route to clear cap" or "I would try to poach this player by offering this player" instead of "no way they trade jvr u so stupid" we can have a discussion instead of an internet battle.

Until then, get back to your homework, son.

How are you still banned....

What do you mean still? I don't think I can be unbanned.

I tried getting mods attention through status updates as that is the only way I can. Not able to PM.

They ignored.

Archived