The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vey can be a first line center

Rex425

Before you say:OMG YOU HOMER THERE IS NO CHANCE HE IS EVEN A SECOND LINER!!!!!

He had similar numbers as good young players/prospects that are supposed to be first liners . He was a top scorer in the WHL over Etem, who is apparently the guy who should have traded for Kesler according to some people. He made Toffoli and Pearson better, they were great in the playoffs for LA. I believe that we don't have a sure future 1st line center, but Vey can be that guy that is our 1st line center. He is a great playmaker that can fit with wingers like Shinkaruk,Virtanen,Jensen, or Kassian.

Also have to mention Vey played in the AHL last year and he had more points than Etem(WHL) few years back.

McCan and Horvat have a better chance of becoming a first liner. Actually I kind of think McCan will become a first liner kid as unreal hands, Hockey IQ and release on his shot. I'm thinking like a Giroux type player.

You say that we don't have a surefire future 1C, and perhaps we don't, but if Horvat, McCann, and maybe Vey can be 45-60 point guys centering a couple of good wingers (Shinkaruk, Jensen, Virtanen, Kassian, etc.), Van could have 3 great lines when all these prospects are NHL regulars.

Shinkaruk - McCann - Kassian

Virtanen - Vey - Jensen

Gaunce - Horvat - _____

Archibald - Cassels - Kenins

McCan and Horvat have a better chance of becoming a first liner. Actually I kind of think McCan will become a first liner kid as unreal hands, Hockey IQ and release on his shot. I'm thinking like a Giroux type player.

That's my thoughts as well but if McCann or Horvat can't be 1st liners, then Vey can work out as a 1st liner. Unlikely tho.

You say that we don't have a surefire future 1C, and perhaps we don't, but if Horvat, McCann, and maybe Vey can be 45-60 point guys centering a couple of good wingers (Shinkaruk, Jensen, Virtanen, Kassian, etc.), Van could have 3 great lines when all these prospects are NHL regulars.

Shinkaruk - McCann - Kassian

Virtanen - Vey - Jensen

Gaunce - Horvat - _____

Archibald - Cassels - Kenins

100% prospect lineups are like, SO impossible.

I'm thinking Jared McCann is our first line center.

Giroux got taken near the bottom 10 of the first round 20-30. Just like McCann. Both have a similar game.

Really any prospect can potentially be a first line center. Not just Vey but Fox, Horvat, Gaunce, even Cassels (the underrated player), etc..

Before you say:OMG YOU HOMER THERE IS NO CHANCE HE IS EVEN A SECOND LINER!!!!!

He had similar numbers as good young players/prospects that are supposed to be first liners . He was a top scorer in the WHL over Etem, who is apparently the guy who should have traded for Kesler according to some people. He made Toffoli and Pearson better, they were great in the playoffs for LA. I believe that we don't have a sure future 1st line center, but Vey can be that guy that is our 1st line center. He is a great playmaker that can fit with wingers like Shinkaruk,Virtanen,Jensen, or Kassian.

Well he definitely has skill, at least in the playmaking department, but it's hard to see it happening. I think the Canucks will be looking for their future 1C in the upcoming draft. Also, as pointed out already in this thread, players like McCann have a better chance of ending up as 1C.

Not gonna say no, but it is unlikely.

He can also be a 4th liner, 3rd liner, 2nd liner, AHLer, bust, etc...

We all know he has talent. Just depends on how it translates to the NHL level and if he reaches full potential. Likewise, we can say all 1st round picks turn out to be top-end effective NHL players but that's not the case because of development, injuries, etc...

Vey has a nice resume, he may turn in to a top 6 forward some day, but there's a reason he didn't get a sniff of the NHL until he was 22 & it's not just because L.A. is so deep.

Let's wait to proclaim the second coming until after he's at least played a game for us & maybe even scored an NHL goal.

Vey has a nice resume, he may turn in to a top 6 forward some day, but there's a reason he didn't get a sniff of the NHL until he was 22 & it's not just because L.A. is so deep.

Let's wait to proclaim the second coming until after he's at least played a game for us & maybe even scored an NHL goal.

Remember, you are talking to Canucks fans.

Torts got a Best Canucks Coach Ever thread in Jan last year. And during Kassian's 5 game scoring streak I swear some were calling for him to be put up in the Ring of Honor :lol:

Remember, you are talking to Canucks fans.

Torts got a Best Canucks Coach Ever thread in Jan last year. And during Kassian's 5 game scoring streak I swear some were calling for him to be put up in the Ring of Honor :lol:

Kassian. Ring of honour.

george-zimmer.jpg

OK, jut maybe...

Archived