Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Jets

Markstrom

Burrows

Shinkaruk

1st

For

Evander Kane

I just saw some rumors about this being offered up. Rumors aside, would you guys be okay with this deal?

Hard to see Burrows go but I would do it in a heartbeat.

id rather do lack jenson hanson 2016 1st i think shink is gonna be a star and as of right now jenson has just as much trade value if not more. as far as his attitude we got the guys to put him in his place if there even is a problem. if im the jets im thinking thats a fair trade. makes them a better team now and going foward. as for the nucks those are assets we can spare atm.

I think the 1st rounder has to be in the deal. It would essentially look like a good prospect and a good 1st round pick for a young, proven, top 6 scoring forward as some people view Markstrom as waiver fodder and Burrows as an overpaid 3rd liner. That being said, I would rather give up Jensen than Shinkaruk if possible. Yes Jensen might be more valuable in the Pacific division with his combination of speed, size, and skill, but Shinkaruk just oozes star potential.

Ya, cuz I'm sure the Jets want to trade Trouba.

It's ridiculous when people can't think objectively on here. Trouba is 19 years old, was pretty much the Jets most stable defender and best player (along w/ Scheifele when healthy), and people just think they would be more than happy to give them away. Not only that, but for teams to give away their best players to the Canucks without expecting any of the Canucks best young players coming back, because THAT would be unreasonable.

Markstrom

Burrows

Shinkaruk

1st

For

Evander Kane

I just saw some rumors about this being offered up. Rumors aside, would you guys be okay with this deal?

Hard to see Burrows go but I would do it in a heartbeat.

I would never do that deal, big overpayment

I don't see how Markstrom makes this deal any more doable for the Jets so leave him out of this deal all together. Burrows couldn't have any less trade value than he has right now. After he has a bounce back season this coming year Vancouver would be kicking themselves for including him in the deal. As for Shinkaruk and a 1st...I think we should do Shinkaruk or a 1st, not both. For an idiot like Kane I would maybe go Jensen or Gaunce, Higgins or Hansen, and a second tops. The Jets won't do this deal and Vancouver can thank their lucky stars for that.

I don't see how Markstrom makes this deal any more doable for the Jets so leave him out of this deal all together. Burrows couldn't have any less trade value than he has right now. After he has a bounce back season this coming year Vancouver would be kicking themselves for including him in the deal. As for Shinkaruk and a 1st...I think we should do Shinkaruk or a 1st, not both. For an idiot like Kane I would maybe go Jensen or Gaunce, Higgins or Hansen, and a second tops. The Jets won't do this deal and Vancouver can thank their lucky stars for that.

Please elaborate.

In any case if you think he is an idiot why bother offering anything.

It's ridiculous when people can't think objectively on here. Trouba is 19 years old, was pretty much the Jets most stable defender and best player (along w/ Scheifele when healthy), and people just think they would be more than happy to give them away. Not only that, but for teams to give away their best players to the Canucks without expecting any of the Canucks best young players coming back, because THAT would be unreasonable.

I agree 100%

Most in the proposals forum are either clueless or naive. Then if someone makes a half decent proposal they get slammed for it.

Horvat wouldn't get Trouba straight up yet most on cdc would go crazy thinking Horvat is worth way more.

I agree 100%

Most in the proposals forum are either clueless or naive. Then if someone makes a half decent proposal they get slammed for it.

Horvat wouldn't get Trouba straight up yet most on cdc would go crazy thinking Horvat is worth way more.

Yeah, it really is mindboggling. People absolutely lose it on here when Horvat is included in any Evander Kane proposals, because apparently that would be unfair and "an overpayment". But change it to Gauance (low end prospect), Hansen/Higgens/Burrows (all with NTC) and a RFA goaltender, and apparently that seems more than fair. The stupidity on here is unreal.

To all and anyone who wants Kane. Look at his stats please - he is very overrated. He may not even become the player Burrows is/has been. Not saying I wouldn't trade for him if the price is right, but this is way too much. The dressing room thing is mostly media and heresay.

We'd need a defense man coming back if Tanev is shipped out. Also, once Miller retires Demko will still not be ready to be a starter so it's better we hold onto Lack.

It'd probably be better to just wait for Virtanen to make the lineup, who is a similar player to Kane.

Barring trading Big Buff, or leaving him at forward...

Winnipeg is stacked with RHD. Would you take Trouba or Bogosian out of the line up for Tanev?

What they could use is a winger to replace Kane, and a center where Scheifele is already being pressed into top 6. Maybe some depth in their prospect pool.

I'd be offering Hansen with Horvat and a 2knd. Little, Scheifele and Horvat would be a big improvement down the middle! Hansen would solve a lot in regards to work rate, and add a another team first guy to combat some issues in their room.

If they want something sexier; Jensen and Vey straight up! Both will flat out score.

Am I undervaluing a Kane trade market? Well Kane is not a great puck possession guy or play maker to go with his sniping and physical attributes. Maybe someone would pay more. Good for them!

Besides... How much better than that did Boston get for Seguin? Morrow, Smith and Eriksson is better, but so is Seguin. But Peverly and other parts went along with Seguin.

I would think your package with Horvat, Hansen and a pick would be close, but I doubt they have interest in your proposed Jensen and Vey package. Neither have proven they can "flat out score"

I agree with you Horvat is a centre they need, Hansen jumps in on the 3rd line plus a 2nd in a deep draft. Respectable offer, maybe add Markstrom.

Archived