Question about vacation to Victoria

KASSIAN2013

alrite so imma go to victoria with some friends

were all in our early 20s

we wanna go party

so im just wondering

what are some good bars/clubs there

we like clubbing more then bars though

whats a good hotel? anything in downtown victoria?

whats fun to do during the day in victoria

tips?

any info is appreciated

THANKS IN ADVANCE !

My bar days are long over but the Strathcona hotel is party central for victoria. There are 5 bars, rooftop beach volleyball and a popular night club all in one building. It's on Douglas right in the heart of downtown victoria.

Also long past my club days but stayed at Swams Hotel for my bachelor party. They have a pretty awesome suite that's cheap to rent because it's right above there bar.

Edit- during the day if you have a car and it's still hot out, check out the Sooke Potholes. A long drive but worth it for an amazing swimming hole. Closer to downtown Beacon Hill is a nice park to walk through.

We're in Victoria several times a year, however, it's a family/hockey related trip. Not a clue on bars. Nice hotels downtown but typically more expensive. We tend to stay uptown where hotels are cheaper but do yourself a favor and avoid the "City Centre" hotel unless you're looking for hard drugs, dirty women and a constant smell of urine. If you end up with extra time on your hands. The Victoria Walmart has an escalator for shopping carts. I don't get out much but found this fascinating.

My bar days are long over but the Strathcona hotel is party central for victoria. There are 5 bars, rooftop beach volleyball and a popular night club all in one building. It's on Douglas right in the heart of downtown victoria.

Good place to start. Roof top volleyball is fun, Club 9one9 is more rap and hip hop. Stop at Big bad Johns for a beer to. Bras on the wall and eat peanuts you toss on the ground. Lots of character there.

Also long past my club days but stayed at Swams Hotel for my bachelor party. They have a pretty awesome suite that's cheap to rent because it's right above there bar.

Edit- during the day if you have a car and it's still hot out, check out the Sooke Potholes. A long drive but worth it for an amazing swimming hole. Closer to downtown Beacon Hill is a nice park to walk through.

He means Swans hotel. They make their own beer in house as well. Swans is 2 min from Canoe club who also makes their own beer and have an deck over looking the water.

Pot holes are awesome. Hour drive but great place for swimming and hiking.

Will you have a car when you come over?

Lots of nice hotels in downtown area. But a lot of Hotels will be strict with people partying in the hotel rooms...Noise etc.

Popular Clubs

Club 9one9

Sugar Night club

Lucky Bar - Monday is 90's Night

Darcys - Dance on top floor/ Pub on bottom

Not downtown but a short bus or cab ride away is Red Lion. Strip club downstairs and V-Lounge Dance club upstairs.

Hush - Club for electronic music

Touch - 3 rooms with 3 different DJ's

The Galley

avoid Paparzzi - Gay club in Vic. Unless that is what you are looking for. Than have fun! =)

For things to do It does depend if you have a car or not. Bus system is easy in Victoria though.

Adrenaline ziplining

Wild Play course

Whale Watching

Rent bikes or scooters and bomb around Victoria

Eat - Lots of restaurants and food

Walk Inner Harbour - Heart of Victoria - Lots of people and normally buskers etc.

Could go to a few close Microbreweries and try the local beers - Vancouver island, Phillips, Swans, Canoe Club etc.

If you do have a car some awesome Hiking out in the Sooke area

Go up Mount Doug. One of the best views in Victoria.

Bowling in Langford

Batting Cages and Go Karting in Langford

And if none of these seem interesting, I think the Strip Club opens at 11am or 12pm ha

Also Just check out Tripadvisor. Gives you list of what to do in Victoria and Hotels to stay at

I live in Sooke. Work in Victoria in the Tourism Industry so if you have any questions PM me.

This place was a lot of fun. Plus.. it's a hotel.

alrite so imma go to victoria with some friends

were all in our early 20s

we wanna go party

so im just wondering

what are some good bars/clubs there

we like clubbing more then bars though

whats a good hotel? anything in downtown victoria?

whats fun to do during the day in victoria

tips?

any info is appreciated

THANKS IN ADVANCE !

I work at a hotel in downtown Victoria, won't mention the name, but as a result I know the area very well.

Hotel: Need a a price range to work with

Daytime Stuff: Honestly in the daytime Victoria is more of a laid back old person's town, not much excitement. You can do stuff like the Royal BC Museum (they have a cool Viking exhibit right now), visit historic buildings like the Empress Hotel, Parliament Buildings, Craigdarroch Castle etc. Victoria is also great if you just wanna walk around downtown, you can walk from one end of downtown to the other in about 20 minutes. There are a ton of great restaurants on every corner, and plenty of cool shops.

Not to mention there are tons of beaches to hit up.

Partying: Like someone else mentioned, the Strathcona is awesome. The Sticky Wicket Pub and Rooftop are my favourite places to hang out and party and actually be social/rowdy/whatever. If you just wanna dance or whatever then there's always 9one9 downstairs and Touch lounge nearby. ALSO go to Lucky Bar on Monday night (make sure you get there early) for 90's night, crowded, plenty of hot girls, and a sick playlist.

Let me know if you need any more info.

I don't go out drinking much, but something I found unique is barhopping by water taxi. You can get a water taxi pass for $15 and that takes you to different pubs along the inner harbour (this deal includes free appetizers for a minimum charge). The water taxi is a great way to see the city and learn some history!

I work at a hotel in downtown Victoria, won't mention the name, but as a result I know the area very well.

Hotel: Need a a price range to work with

Daytime Stuff: Honestly in the daytime Victoria is more of a laid back old person's town, not much excitement. You can do stuff like the Royal BC Museum (they have a cool Viking exhibit right now), visit historic buildings like the Empress Hotel, Parliament Buildings, Craigdarroch Castle etc. Victoria is also great if you just wanna walk around downtown, you can walk from one end of downtown to the other in about 20 minutes. There are a ton of great restaurants on every corner, and plenty of cool shops.

Not to mention there are tons of beaches to hit up.

Partying: Like someone else mentioned, the Strathcona is awesome. The Sticky Wicket Pub and Rooftop are my favourite places to hang out and party and actually be social/rowdy/whatever. If you just wanna dance or whatever then there's always 9one9 downstairs and Touch lounge nearby. ALSO go to Lucky Bar on Monday night (make sure you get there early) for 90's night, crowded, plenty of hot girls, and a sick playlist.

Let me know if you need any more info.

hi thanks

ok so were gonna bethere in victoria friday and saturday night

so whats good on a friday

and saturday

clubs to visit friday:

clubs to visit saturday:

hi thanks

ok so were gonna bethere in victoria friday and saturday night

so whats good on a friday

and saturday

clubs to visit friday: