The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Subban seeking $8.5 M in arbitration, Habs offer $5.25 M

Look what Weber and Suter make and then add the fac that PK is even more entertaining to watch because of how much swagger he has (No this isn't about race. I'm white and I am just as swaggerific when I play sports and just as many people get pissed about it).

He comes out in the media and says he wants to be a lifer and then they do that haha.

Most of Canada was high on the Habs last playoffs now they pull this I'm not sure how good that is for Canada and personally it kinda turns me more off than anything.

PK TO VANCOUVER!!!!!!!

haha. But honestly...Watch him sign in some american market for a huge contract. We can't exactly say the nhl has it out for canada if our own franchises hold their best player(s) to the fire like that.

Anything under 7M considering what other franchise players get is laughable. Get it together Montreal I cheered my heart out last playoffs for you don't let me down as a fan.

Look what Weber and Suter make and then add the fac that PK is even more entertaining to watch because of how much swagger he has (No this isn't about race. I'm white and I am just as swaggerific when I play sports and just as many people get pissed about it).

He comes out in the media and says he wants to be a lifer and then they do that haha.

Most of Canada was high on the Habs last playoffs now they pull this I'm not sure how good that is for Canada and personally it kinda turns me more off than anything.

PK TO VANCOUVER!!!!!!!

haha. But honestly...Watch him sign in some american market for a huge contract. We can't exactly say the nhl has it out for canada if our own franchises hold their best player(s) to the fire like that.

Anything under 7M considering what other franchise players get is laughable. Get it together Montreal I cheered my heart out last playoffs for you don't let me down as a fan.

This. Because of Malcom Subban in the Canucks system, what do think the chances are of PK signing in Van? I mean he obviously wouldn't sign in Boston. I actually think there is a decent chance PK signs with us if he is a soon to be UFA

Can he sign 1 year deal and become a UFA or an RFA.

Personally, Subban offensive upside is worth north of 7.5 million.

I would sign for 1 year and gtfo of montreal!

Montreal elected a 1 year deal if it goes to arbitration. And he will still be an RFA after 1 year

This. Because of Malcom Subban in the Canucks system, what do think the chances are of PK signing in Van? I mean he obviously wouldn't sign in Boston. I actually think there is a decent chance PK signs with us if he is a soon to be UFA

That's actually a very possible scenario if we trade for Malcolm with Jordan already in the system.

Although he is not as strong defensively as he is offensively, he is still getting better and better. Most importantly, the guy is a gamer who absolutely shows up every game during the playoffs. Not every team has a player that can change the momentum with a goal, a hit, or a fight. Chicago have it with Kane, the Bruins with Lucic and Marchand, and the Canadiens have it in Subban. His teammates and fans go ballistic when he ramps up his game and feed off his energy.

Yes, this is arbitration, and the Habs are just trying to find a number that will work for them in the future. That said, this guy is the face of the franchise. At the end of the day, you don't lose a player like Subban.

When did we acquire Malcolm? Did we trade Demko for Malcolm? Ohhhhhh...I see, your meant Jordan.

EDIT...I'm too slow to the dance...I see that Pears has already picked up on this already.

Habs are idiots. I hope they lose PK next season after trying to milk him again. He ALREADY took a cheap bridge contract. It's PKs time to make what he's worth. Stupid francophones.

Dude...is it necessary to go there? You should change your handle to Sean Avery.

Be cool, Elvis. Be cool, man.

Thought I was, as a cucumber even.

Montreal elected a 1 year deal if it goes to arbitration. And he will still be an RFA after 1 year

This. Saw the other posts and came here to say Montreal has requested a 1 year deal so he'll be an RFA at the end of the contract that comes out of arbitration.

Are you interested in buying a French rifle from WW1? It's never been fired, and it's only been dropped once.

Stay classy there, Alberts. <_<

The Habs are obviously going to offer low going into arbitration, they'll meet around 7M on a 1-2 year deal if they don't get a settlement done by then. Habs are killing themselves, Bergevin will either have to pay Subban even more next offseason or the offseason after that because the cap goes up. The guy is an idiot, pay Subban 8.5 on a long-term deal. Does he even watch Subban? Does he realize the cap is going up and 8.5 for a franchise defenceman is a good deal when the cap hits 80 million?

What many of you fail to realize is that Subban is a defensive liability and not chosen to play for Team Canada in any of the games because of it.

Him winning the Norris trophy was a mistake

He's not a liability. He's cleaned up his inconsistency lately and has been pretty solid defensively, if Subban was left handed he'd be in Canada's top 6.

Archived