The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

im wondering after trading garrison whos gonna replace his 33 points off d

canuktravella

like i know we had to many left hand dmen edler hamhuis werent going anywhere but whos gonna replace his offense he had 33 points on a decent contract i know corrado and tanev wont be getting that kany points do you all thing well make a few more trades? we have to many forwards especially if shinkaruk, horvat and vey steal spots

this is how our d pairs look at moment

hamhuis tanev

edler corrado

stanton bieska

weber

do you all think that d corp has what it takes to be elite? even if edler rebounds i think it looks thin am i wrong?

Edler and probably Hamhuis will man the points most often. Remember that debacle last season where the Sedins set Hammer up like 3 wide-open shots in a row on a pp and he wiffed on them all? Wowzers. Not Hammer's strength. But he's our best guy now and one of our best ever. Reeeespect.

i totally fergot we got sbisa fuck summers been to much fun

pairs i suppose will look like this

hamhuis corrado our best vet dman can pair with the rookie protect him if he makes a mistake

edler tanev tanev can get edler out of trouble with his fuckups

sbisa bieska hammer brothers

7th dman stanton/weber

Point totals for 2014-15

Hamuis (37) Tanev (28)

Edler (30) Sbisa (19)

Stanton (18) Bieksa (24)

Last year

Garrison (33) Bieksa (24)

Edler (22) Hamuis 22

Tanev (17) Stanton (16)

Last year was 134 pts and this year will be 156 whitch is a good improovement imo so im not to worried

Edler is going to get a lot of points this season.

And Weber will rack up points if he gets played for a whole season. I like his game of getting the puck ON the net. He is good at it.

Stanton is the sleeper. He raked in points at times last season.

As nice as Garrison's offensive numbers were, he seemed to be pretty streaky and I won't miss how lost he looked in his own end at times last season.

I'm not too worried about replacing his numbers though. We have guys who should just be starting to come into their own this season like Sbisa, Stanton, and Tanev (to a lesser degree, but he was just starting to show glimpses of an offensive game this season).

Then there's a bit of a wild-card in Weber. He looked pretty good on the powerplay during chunks of last year. I think Corrado spends another season in Utica, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 10+ points with the Canucks over a full season if he managed to stick around.

Then we just have to hope that Edler, Hamhuis, and Bieksa can up their production from last year. They're all capable, and now is the time to prove it.

Hmm, in before someone mentions that the Canucks should re-acquire a certain German-born d-man who left here as a UFA in order to pursue his dream of winning the Cup.

regards,

G.

He signed with Pittsburgh I don't think they will be trading him

Hamhuis and Edler really need to step up. Especially our "so" called franchise defenseman in Edler. I believe Edler can rebound from last season. Torts style didn't fit him, so let's see if Willie D's style works. Otherwise.. :bigblush: go bye bye.

He signed with Pittsburgh I don't think they will be trading him

Yup. And since when has that stopped some folks from suggesting that the Canucks should pick up a certain player? Or suggest that not signing him was a missed opportunity? :)

regards,

G.

Archived