The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

vancouver-canucks-third-jersey.png

In my perfect world this team's identity would have the current stick-in-rink 3rds as our primaries and a J. Canuck 3rd. Imo the Orca has loooong overstayed it's welcome.

Two issues with that.

One, Johnny Canuck doesn't really work by itself on the jersey, If you wanted to have the full bodied Johnny as the logo it would need to be shrunken and put in a roundel or something.

Two, the striping. The striping is a bit thin, and on the blue jersey the little blue stripes between the white and green completely ruin the jersey. On top of being the same proportions as damn near every other team that uses that striping style, they muddy up the green. On the current home, the green pops because its bordered by white on a blue background. On these the green is muddied up so it looks less vibrant and is harder to see. From a distance they look like Leafs jerseys.

Two issues with that.

One, Johnny Canuck doesn't really work by itself on the jersey, If you wanted to have the full bodied Johnny as the logo it would need to be shrunken and put in a roundel or something.

Agreed.

Found these online, not bad.

http://icethetics.squarespace.com/storage/concepts/AdamLItalien-CanucksGreen.png

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h398/coxjn9/Canucks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725150

I'd like to see them on our current colour scheme though. Would hate to change colours again...

Alright...custom C that fills the space better IMO. I'm pretty happy with this iteration as a logo. My only slight reservation would be it's lack of "hockeyness". Though I'm not sure a good logo really needs it.

24gj2nk.jpg

214s9ys.jpg

I think I like this even better actually. Either side of the V even look a bit like skate blades.

se58qw.jpg

I don't think the Sharks want anything to do with the Orca....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zOrUT0smV8

no mention of the orca being able to go top shelf, although there was evidence of an organized line rush there. in spite of the orca's ferocious nature and organization, i really don't think their image on the front of our jersey has the duplicate effect on other teams players or fans. i'm certain we don't strike terror or fear. the best we could hope for would be to stun them with confusion and while they are trying to figure out why the canucks have a whale for their crest, pot a couple quick goals every game. as said before if going with the constipated orca, then change the name. but that won't work as believe think the local girls basketball team has claimed the rights to the nickname orcas

no mention of the orca being able to go top shelf, although there was evidence of an organized line rush there. in spite of the orca's ferocious nature and organization, i really don't think their image on the front of our jersey has the duplicate effect on other teams players or fans. i'm certain we don't strike terror or fear. the best we could hope for would be to stun them with confusion and while they are trying to figure out why the canucks have a whale for their crest, pot a couple quick goals every game. as said before if going with the constipated orca, then change the name. but that won't work as believe think the local girls basketball team has claimed the rights to the nickname orcas

And a Penguin sends a terror/fear message? Does a cartoon lumberjack? Oh my God NOOOO!!!! It's a cartoon lumberjack!!!! Run away!

Are the constipation references wishful thinking due to the diarrhea you`re spewing?

I can understand anybody saying they don't like the look of the Orca style C. Just as I don't like the look of the Johnny Canuck logo. It's simply a matter of personal taste. But to say a C isn't a good representation for Canuck and having that C stylized to look very Pacific Northwest, where said team is located, is just plain stupid. It does represent both the team name and where the team is very well. So instead of feeble attempts to discredit it you should just stick with "I don't like it and would prefer...".

And a Penguin sends a terror/fear message? Does a cartoon lumberjack? Oh my God NOOOO!!!! It's a cartoon lumberjack!!!! Run away!

Are the constipation references wishful thinking due to the diarrhea you`re spewing?

I can understand anybody saying they don't like the look of the Orca style C. Just as I don't like the look of the Johnny Canuck logo. It's simply a matter of personal taste. But to say a C isn't a good representation for Canuck and having that C stylized to look very Pacific Northwest, where said team is located, is just plain stupid. It does represent both the team name and where the team is very well. So instead of feeble attempts to discredit it you should just stick with "I don't like it and would prefer...".

thanks for the advice but i'll stick with whatever i like mate. i have never said j.canuck strikes fear into the opponents. many others, likely yourself included have however intimated that the orca is a well known ferocious trepidatious hunting machine, thus inferring fear and intimidation inflicted upon oh say, the bruins et al. for your information, no one will ever be intimidated by a crest in professional sport or likely any level of sport so if that is what your looking for with your killer whale, give it a rest. i also dont give a *** about connecting the team with the surrounding area. that is tourism vancouver's job. oh and, very creative, a c for canuck, that's a good one. why don't you move to cow town and they have a flame coming out of theirs. several meanings for yourself to interpret there!

Archived