The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is my fave jersey of all time. Just a modernized version of our originals.

vancouver-canucks-third-jersey-rbk.jpg

The thing I don't like is the "Vachon cakes" shoulder patch... who the hell thought that one up. I always thought it was an inside joke... get rid of it!

Vachon_logo.gif

I'd like to see the above 3rd jerseys with the Aviator patch instead. That would look cool: (hard to find just a pic of the patch.... I don't like this as a jersey. But on the shoulder? yes.)

johnny_canuck-jersey.jpg

johnny_canuck-jersey.jpg

I was going to look for that and post it. Thanks for saving me the effort.

Johnny canuck logo is gross and looks like a kids cartoon character.

The above is really nice, sleek and modern looking.

Maybe it could be our third jersey but what we have right now is great. It's just off season in Vancouver and people are bored and want a jersey change.

Oh hey, another one of these threads where people suggest we change the jersey to (insert image here), I only see one of these a month.

Absolutely not, how many jerseys do we have in our franchise history now? Too many, that's for sure. We don't need another change every 5-10 years. No other team in the NHL changes their jersey as much as us.

The real issue sadly is the name Canucks. The team was named for a slang for Canadian. Now does that work for New York with the moniker Yankees? Yes. Because they have a simple look. The name Canucks means different things to different people.

I think as long as the team is called Canucks we're going to have some folks griping about the logo.

If we were called the Grizzlies, or something else it would be easier to have a logo that everyone can agree on.

I think we are all trying to over think this issue. Firstly and most importantly, do not chane the colors of the uniform, simply color coordinate any logo to be used.

IMO they should replace the stick in rink patch on the shoulder with the Johnny Canuck logo. There appears to be a consensus on the Flying Skate which was the logo for several years so use that as the main logo. There is no need to designate "Vancouver" on the jersey

Oh hey, another one of these threads where people suggest we change the jersey to (insert image here), I only see one of these a month.

Absolutely not, how many jerseys do we have in our franchise history now? Too many, that's for sure. We don't need another change every 5-10 years. No other team in the NHL changes their jersey as much as us.

Hey guy, we have to talk about something during the summer. The hockey withdrawal pains are starting up and things are pretty quiet with respect to the team. Us folks needs something about the team to focus on. The other threads are old, talked out and mundane.

all are nice. the last one is the best, i agree with other people about the jonny nuck logo looking cartoonish these definitly dont. id even be a fan of the last one but with the skate logo circa 94 then would have the original canuck colors, a new modernized flying v with the skate logo with the stick in rink as a shoulder patch. not a fan of the aviater looking dude at all

There appears to be a consensus on the Flying Skate which was the logo for several years so use that as the main logo. There is no need to designate "Vancouver" on the jersey

I do and will always love that logo for nostalgic reasons but truth be told...it's an f'n ugly logo.

It would be nice to try the johnny canuck logo out first as a third jersey and see how it catches on before we make it a permanent solution.

I prefer our current third jersey as our primary and then have the johnny canuck as an alternative one.

This. Actually I think they should rotate the third. Millionaires, Johnny Canuck, updated (colours) skate jersey etc.

Main

Then rotate:

AviStein-VANhc.png

CanucksSkateJersey.jpg

canucks+96+style+aternate+uniform.png

I do and will always love that logo for nostalgic reasons but truth be told...it's an f'n ugly logo.

This. Actually I think they should rotate the third. Millionaires, Johnny Canuck, updated (colours) skate jersey etc.

Main

Then rotate:

AviStein-VANhc.png

CanucksSkateJersey.jpg

canucks+96+style+aternate+uniform.png

The millionaries jerseys is cursed and should never be worn again! Our Heritage classic was a complete disaster I am surprised no brings it up.. and then top it off we had a crappy season all together.

My favourite is the Main, and the new proposed sleek modern finished Johnny Canuck jersey.

johnny_canuck-jersey.jpg

It's either the original Rink/Stick logo, Millionaires-esque jersey or the orca....I honestly believe we'll get chirped hard if we switch our logo to a freakin' lumberjack. No one will think that's smart. The orca makes sense because of the local Orca whales. It symbolizes Vancouver. How does a lumberjack do the same? Especially since we've had the Orca for so long, ditching it all-together seems wrong.

We either go for a classic, vintage look or stick with what we have and create an identity.

No.

We don't need to change the jerseys again. The ones we have now are good, and it's better for a franchise to not constantly change its image.

If something must be changed, get rid of the "Vancouver" text above the logo. But that's it, keep the rest the same.

Would you guys be in favor of changing the canucks logo to johnny canuck?

People argue that if we keep changing the logo we have no identity but it seems like a large part of the fan base dislike the orca. The regular johnny canucks logo does look cartoonish but the one makaveli96 posted in the "linden on team 1040 today" looks pretty badass.

66011376_2ba815c457.jpg

IMO that logo would have worked better in the long run than the orca. As Ghost pointed out, the team name is a slang for Canadian, specifically a stereotypical BC logger around these parts. So combining a native art type Orca with the name Canucks is just plain odd. But what's done is done.

Besides, the Vancouver Giants have already stolen the idea. Basically said...hey if you aren't going to use it, we will. I always thought it was kind of a d*ck move on their part:

giants-logo.jpg

In fact, looking at the Giants logo, it would have worked great in a design that combined the old but popular stick-in-rink logo as the stick is set in the perfect position for it. I don't have time to make one up, but I can see the possibilities. But like I said, what's done is done. We have to stick with the fish now.

Archived