The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"As well, when these people come to Vancouver & BC, I can tell you 100% without doubt that they're NOT thinking about whales representing the city & the province. Their view of Vancouver & BC are the mountains, oceans, beaches, & outdoor activities (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc...). Whale watching doesn't even come close to their association with this area."

I'm sorry PJ but this is about as dumb as it gets.

Firstly there IS a connection between the Orca and BC/Vancouver, FACT. Whether you acknowledge it or not is irrelevant.

People don't come to look at an ice rink or a JC cartoon either so that blows your argument apart. Neither do they come to look at Bears in Boston, Maple Leaves in Toronto or Kings Crowns in LA.

BC's mountains, oceans beaches are all echoed in the colours.

The Orca logo copies native art, is shaped like a "RECOGNISABLE C" and is local to the area.

And that was all she wrote. Game, set and match.

Alfstonker, you just proved PJ's point. You just put the Stick 'n Rink and Johnny Canuck in the same class as the Leafs' and Bruins' identities.

The S&R has a Vancouver element - the colours. Royal blue for the surrounding waters, kelly green for the numerous parks, and white for the snow capped mountains. The original jerseys had a V on the sleeve stripes. Very Vancouver. The logo has two elements of the sport we ever so love and it incorporates a C.

What's a Canuck?? Who's the lumberjack??

One answer to both questions:

Johnny Canuck. His lumberjack profession is a long time B.C. industry that helped build the City of Vancouver(Hastings Mill).

Alfstonker, you just proved PJ's point. You just put the Stick 'n Rink and Johnny Canuck in the same class as the Leafs' and Bruins' identities.

The S&R has a Vancouver element - the colours. Royal blue for the surrounding waters, kelly green for the numerous parks, and white for the snow capped mountains. The original jerseys had a V on the sleeve stripes. Very Vancouver. The logo has two elements of the sport we ever so love and it incorporates a C.

What's a Canuck?? Who's the lumberjack??

One answer to both questions:

Johnny Canuck. His lumberjack profession is a long time B.C. industry that helped build the City of Vancouver(Hastings Mill).

Johnny Canuck is not just a lumberjack. His roots are being a mounty.

Johnny Canuck is not just a lumberjack. His roots are being a mounty.

I don't recall Johnny being a Mountie but he had other professions such as an aviator and a soldier. However, he was also a lumberjack. The latter profession is very synonymous with B.C. and Vancouver's beginnings which is why the PCL/WHL Canucks went with the lumberjack version.

"As well, when these people come to Vancouver & BC, I can tell you 100% without doubt that they're NOT thinking about whales representing the city & the province. Their view of Vancouver & BC are the mountains, oceans, beaches, & outdoor activities (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc...). Whale watching doesn't even come close to their association with this area."

I'm sorry PJ but this is about as dumb as it gets.

Firstly there IS a connection between the Orca and BC/Vancouver, FACT. Whether you acknowledge it or not is irrelevant.

People don't come to look at an ice rink or a JC cartoon either so that blows your argument apart. Neither do they come to look at Bears in Boston, Maple Leaves in Toronto or Kings Crowns in LA.

BC's mountains, oceans beaches are all echoed in the colours.

The Orca logo copies native art, is shaped like a "RECOGNISABLE C" and is local to the area.

And that was all she wrote. Game, set and match.

Lol!!! Game, set & match!?! Lol!!! Thus is a hilarious debate that proves the logo discord with all Canuck fans.

I like the JC. You like orca. Someone else likes the skate. Another fan likes the Stick in Rink. We all have our reasons. This is a wake up call to the Canuck organization of how sadly dysfunctional we are as a fan base. The only one of it's kind in the world.

Change is coming. Don't be surprised if the next jersey concept will have a completely new logo that the majority of Canuck fans will agree on & be untied behind it.

God forbid, they'll have a Johnny Canuck riding the Orca C sliding along the rink and using his hockey stick as a whip! Lol!!!

The modern stick n rink is the logo that should become and be the main stay has our home and away. it was our first, its has that classic look to it, and IMO it just fits this organization so well. the third can be changed, and redesigned every so often, but lets solidify our image as a brand and stick with origins!

I feel like this thread just keeps going around in circles. Ultimately it's not up to us whether it's changed or not. I can see TL setting up a poll with different designs and letting the fans vote on them, but until then you guys seem to be getting frustrated on something out of our control.

post-12049-0-11696600-1409000569_thumb.jpost-12049-0-17646300-1409000604_thumb.j

I've been pushing for the angry Johnny logo for years. I love how it fits right over the orca logo, my least fav logo so far. I think we should have the stick and rink and angry johnny as our 2 logos. Let anniversary jerseys be used for a 3rd jersey as we'll be coming up on 25 years for 1994, and have just done similar with the millionaires jersey. Maybe revamp the 1994 black jerseys to be like the BC Lions gun metal jerseys, as we could always do with a bad ass black uniform too.

The modern stick n rink is the logo that should become and be the main stay has our home and away. it was our first, its has that classic look to it, and IMO it just fits this organization so well. the third can be changed, and redesigned every so often, but lets solidify our image as a brand and stick with origins!

Agreed!

rbk1.jpg johnnycanuck.jpg

I've been pushing for the angry Johnny logo for years. I love how it fits right over the orca logo, my least fav logo so far. I think we should have the stick and rink and angry johnny as our 2 logos. Let anniversary jerseys be used for a 3rd jersey as we'll be coming up on 25 years for 1994, and have just done similar with the millionaires jersey. Maybe revamp the 1994 black jerseys to be like the BC Lions gun metal jerseys, as we could always do with a bad ass black uniform too.

Yes!

Lol!!! Game, set & match!?! Lol!!! Thus is a hilarious debate that proves the logo discord with all Canuck fans.

I like the JC. You like orca. Someone else likes the skate. Another fan likes the Stick in Rink. We all have our reasons. This is a wake up call to the Canuck organization of how sadly dysfunctional we are as a fan base. The only one of it's kind in the world.

Change is coming. Don't be surprised if the next jersey concept will have a completely new logo that the majority of Canuck fans will agree on & be untied behind it.

God forbid, they'll have a Johnny Canuck riding the Orca C sliding along the rink and using his hockey stick as a whip! Lol!!!

Trouble is, sounds like the origins of Johnny Canuck aren't even even definitive.

Stick-in-rink (in some way shape or form) to me is the iconic 'Canuck' symbol.

Modernize it, make a stick-in-v (which looks really cool to be BTW... if that's what we had originally I don't think we'd have ever strayed), use it as the crest, part of the crest, or on the shoulders. But it has to be around.

As much as I loved the skate logo, I can't say that about it or the orca.

I HATE the wordmark... looks slapped over a logo as opposed to integrated into it.

And I hate having a colour in the logo that's nowhere else on the jersey.

Trouble is, sounds like the origins of Johnny Canuck aren't even even definitive.

Stick-in-rink (in some way shape or form) to me is the iconic 'Canuck' symbol.

Modernize it, make a stick-in-v (which looks really cool to be BTW... if that's what we had originally I don't think we'd have ever strayed), use it as the crest, part of the crest, or on the shoulders. But it has to be around.

As much as I loved the skate logo, I can't say that about it or the orca.

I HATE the wordmark... looks slapped over a logo as opposed to integrated into it.

And I hate having a colour in the logo that's nowhere else on the jersey.

You're right! Rather go back to Stick in Rink or Skate or JC over the orca.

I feel like this thread just keeps going around in circles. Ultimately it's not up to us whether it's changed or not. I can see TL setting up a poll with different designs and letting the fans vote on them, but until then you guys seem to be getting frustrated on something out of our control.

You're right. It is getting out of control & heated.

rbk1.jpg johnnycanuck.jpg

I love the Johnny Canuck C. The logo was designed by North Vancouver artist, Glenn Green, who does great work. The Canucks, under Brian Burke, were going to use this concept. Unfortunately, because the logo got leaked in Greg Douglas's column, Burke's arrogant ego got in the way. Therefore, the Johnny concept was scrapped.

By the way, I love the way you recolored the Johnny logo! :)

Archived