The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the Orca jersey as it looks great.

I like the Vancouver Millionaires jersey.

I like the Vancouver Canucks Johnny Canuck jersey.

It does not have to be either/or and it is of marketing benefit to have a few jerseys that are historically significant to Vancouver and the club.

I see it the same way. I think they'll turn to the Stick and Rink as primaries. With JC as a third.Just hope it's not that green one.

I love the green jersey. If it were used as a third, the Canucks would be the first NHL team to have a blue helmet and pants with a kelly green jersey and socks combo.

I would also be open to using Johnny on a navy blue jersey. Using the old 3rd uniform from the early 2000's, the maroon is replaced with green. The other difference would be the removal of the gradient design and placing the green on the bottom of the jersey, under the silver trim.

What does a CH have to do with Montreal, really? But the team name is in French to represent Montreal's French Canadian culture.

Officially, it stands for "Club de hockey Canadien."

Personally, I much prefer the made up story that the "C" represents the shores of the Saint Lawrence River with the "H" representing Les Habitants who were the first French settlers who farmed along the river.

Officially, it stands for "Club de hockey Canadien."

I know it does. :) The French spelling of "Canadians" gives the Canadiens that French Canadian connection. It's really no different from the Stick 'n Rink C. The 'H' in the C stands for "Hockey" while the 'Stick' is the main element to represent "hockey" inside the rink-shaped C.

one is acceptable because the c is around a rink. the canucks play hockey in a rink, they are called canucks. the other is a c with a constipated whale coming out of it. a whale, guess what has absolutely no affiliation with the canucks. you can try all you want but before this whale was cast upon us, no one, when talking canucks would have even remotely brought a whale into the discussion. back when the hartford whalers were in the nhl do you not think the media, newsprint would have had a field day with the 'whalers harpoon the canucks?' they never did it because there is no connection between vancouver canucks and whales except that some genius decided to make their logo a whale and we have been stuck with it since. isn't it great that the pres thinks highly of the johnny canuck logo.

Totally agree! It make no sense & it is totally wrong having the orca on a logo that's got nothing to do with the Canucks nickname.

i don't know why but i just read the rest of your post and sadly, it makes absolutely no sense to me. this seems to be a theme with whale watchers

Yeah, he's grasping at straws trying to find any nonsensical justification of having a constipated, teeth gritting whale on a Canucks logo.

Archived