The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] EmDrive Microwave Propulsion Breakthrough Confirmed by NASA and Chinese Agencies?

Warhippy

I've mentioned a few times in a few of these OT threads.....there could be some game changers in the near future. The state of humanity is far from decided, as bleak as it often seems.

In fact, I would suggest their frequency is increasing proportionally to our scientific knowledge, which is a logarithmic growth.

The unknown unknowns.

Netanyahu says "Boo!"

Without war int he last 100 years we would not have

Penecillin

Antibiotics

X-rays

flight

computers

factory assembly lines

diagnostic imaging

cellular communication

space exploration

Nuclear power

I agree with your sentiment but aside from war, greed is the #1 reason inventions and advancements happen. It is a shame that this is the case but even in regards to the newly developed rail gun ideas, it will only lead to applicable entrance into other fields of advancement and research

Without trying to derail the thread - I would like you to consider this: if greed and so on was humanity's sole motivation and cause for advancement, we would not be here on earth. That is, we would have died out as a species long ago without the aid from one another.

No, greed is a self imposed constraint that we have decided is the best way to move forward. I would argue this, citing our current existence, there you have it.

fighting pointless battles as adversaries.

War is not pointless. It is terrible yes, but far from pointless. The outcome of wars both big and small is what has shaped our world. Its countries, its citizens, its economies, its societies. Would we be better off without these wars? Maybe, maybe not. We would definitely be a lot different than we are.

War is not pointless. It is terrible yes, but far from pointless. The outcome of wars both big and small is what has shaped our world. Its countries, its citizens, its economies, its societies. Would we be better off without these wars? Maybe, maybe not. We would definitely be a lot different than we are.

How is it NOT pointless? Destruction of property, lives, wasting potential on death, when you could be doing other more profitable pursuits. Stopping a dictator like Hitler is good. But putting scientists to build things like renewable energy sources, stopping pollution, providing a better future with better products and solutions. These can be done without war, or killing one another.

Humanities greed and ignorance is two of our greatest failures. We can make beautiful things, only to waste it trying to kill one another.

How is it NOT pointless? Destruction of property, lives, wasting potential on death, when you could be doing other more profitable pursuits. Stopping a dictator like Hitler is good. But putting scientists to build things like renewable energy sources, stopping pollution, providing a better future with better products and solutions. These can be done without war, or killing one another.

Humanities greed and ignorance is two of our greatest failures. We can make beautiful things, only to waste it trying to kill one another.

All war has a point. A reason for happening. Usually someone wants someone elses stuff. Land or resources . Sometimes its just one man wanting to rule the world. Empire building is common throughout history and is going on today. Fortunately nowadays those who are into that kind of thing can do it via commerce.

Im not saying war is good or just. Im just saying it has shaped our world and led us to where we are now.

Greed, for lack of a better word, can be good. Greed propels exploration, science and invention. It also can propel destruction. But there are now mechanisms in place to try to reduce that. The UN and NATO are prime examples. I take 3 blood pressure medications daily. All of them were invented and sold by companies to make a profit. My blood pressure is awesome now. Thanks for asking.

Ignorance on the other hand, I cant justify although I display it daily.

All war has a point. A reason for happening. Usually someone wants someone elses stuff. Land or resources . Sometimes its just one man wanting to rule the world. Empire building is common throughout history and is going on today. Fortunately nowadays those who are into that kind of thing can do it via commerce.

Im not saying war is good or just. Im just saying it has shaped our world and led us to where we are now.

Greed, for lack of a better word, can be good. Greed propels exploration, science and invention. It also can propel destruction. But there are now mechanisms in place to try to reduce that. The UN and NATO are prime examples. I take 3 blood pressure medications daily. All of them were invented and sold by companies to make a profit. My blood pressure is awesome now. Thanks for asking.

Ignorance on the other hand, I cant justify although I display it daily.

It has more to do with supply and demand than anything else really.. There's a market for people with high blood pressure because of dietary, hereditary. etc... The profit is a side benefit from peoples troubles.

Great read Hippy ! Viktor Schauberger created anti gravity machines many years ago, finally his efforts are coming to fruition by other great minds. His theories on propulsion, centripetal and centrifugal force are light years ahead of the rest.

I remember seeing his videos, rigs set up in his closet.

Physics teacher in high school loved him

I'm sure that US Space Command is all over it.

But now we know the Chinese can do it.

A new Space Race?!? God, I'd love that.

I was a little kid when the US and Russians were involved in the first space race , exciting times.

If there is another space race i wonder who will be involved in it ? Russia ? China ? The US ?

In 2013 India launched a rocket is projected to reach Mars in September 2014. The object of the mission, called the Mars Orbiter Mission, is to use a satellite to identify the geological source of methane that is present in the Martian atmosphere.

If India’s vessel, called Mangalyaan, successfully reaches Mars, it will be the fourth space program to achieve this feat, behind the Soviet Space Program, the U.S. Space Program, and the European Space Agency.

Archived