Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] EmDrive Microwave Propulsion Breakthrough Confirmed by NASA and Chinese Agencies?

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,559 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

So world peace can be achieved by free beer? ;)

Wonder if we can make rockets by grain alcohol? 

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#32 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

How is it NOT pointless? Destruction of property, lives, wasting potential on death, when you could be doing other more profitable pursuits. Stopping a dictator like Hitler is good. But putting scientists to build things like renewable energy sources, stopping pollution, providing a better future with better products and solutions. These can be done without war, or killing one another. 

Humanities greed and ignorance is two of our greatest failures. We can make beautiful things, only to waste it trying to kill one another. 

All war has a point. A reason for happening. Usually someone wants someone elses stuff. Land or resources . Sometimes its just one man wanting to rule the world. Empire building is common throughout history and is going on today. Fortunately nowadays those who are into that kind of thing can do it via commerce.

Im not saying war is good or just. Im just saying it has shaped our world and led us to where we are now. 

Greed, for lack of a better word, can be good. Greed propels exploration, science and invention. It also can propel destruction. But there are now mechanisms in place to try to reduce that. The UN and NATO are prime examples. I take 3 blood pressure medications daily. All of them were invented and sold by companies to make a profit. My blood pressure is awesome now. Thanks for asking.

Ignorance on the other hand, I cant justify although I display it daily.

Posted Image

#33 drummer4now

drummer4now

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

All war has a point. A reason for happening. Usually someone wants someone elses stuff. Land or resources . Sometimes its just one man wanting to rule the world. Empire building is common throughout history and is going on today. Fortunately nowadays those who are into that kind of thing can do it via commerce.

Im not saying war is good or just. Im just saying it has shaped our world and led us to where we are now. 

Greed, for lack of a better word, can be good. Greed propels exploration, science and invention. It also can propel destruction. But there are now mechanisms in place to try to reduce that. The UN and NATO are prime examples. I take 3 blood pressure medications daily. All of them were invented and sold by companies to make a profit. My blood pressure is awesome now. Thanks for asking.

Ignorance on the other hand, I cant justify although I display it daily.

It has more to do with supply and demand than anything else really.. There's a market for people with high blood pressure because of dietary, hereditary. etc... The profit is a side benefit from peoples troubles. 

Edited by drummer4now, 02 August 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#34 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

It'd be a start.  If people are busy drinking free beer, they don't have time to start stirring crap up.   ::D

People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#35 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,288 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

Wonder if we can make rockets by grain alcohol?

It's pretty much how they built the pyramids.

Beer can do anything.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#36 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Great read Hippy !  Viktor Schauberger created anti gravity machines many years ago, finally his efforts are coming to fruition by other great minds.  His theories on propulsion, centripetal and centrifugal force are light years ahead of the rest.

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles, 03 August 2014 - 08:54 PM.

1z6d0zl.jpg

Deadly Sig by Discord :D

#37 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Great read Hippy !  Viktor Schauberger created anti gravity machines many years ago, finally his efforts are coming to fruition by other great minds.  His theories on propulsion, centripetal and centrifugal force are light years ahead of the rest.

I remember seeing his videos, rigs set up in his closet.

Physics teacher in high school loved him
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#38 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

I'm sure that US Space Command is all over it.

But now we know the Chinese can do it.

A new Space Race?!? God, I'd love that.

I was a little kid when the US and Russians were involved in the first space race , exciting times.

If there is another space race i wonder who will be involved in it ? Russia ? China ? The US ?

In 2013 India launched a rocket is projected to reach Mars in September 2014. The object of the mission, called the Mars Orbiter Mission, is to use a satellite to identify the geological source of methane that is present in the Martian atmosphere.

If India’s vessel, called Mangalyaan, successfully reaches Mars, it will be the fourth space program to achieve this feat, behind the Soviet Space Program, the U.S. Space Program, and the European Space Agency.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.