Canucks Community

( Proposal ) Van/Bos

Goalie swap.

Vancouver: Malcolm Subban

20 years old, 6,2" 200 pounds

Boston: Thatcher Demko

18 years old 6,3" 190 pounds

4th round 2015 Draft

A. Malcolm was drafted 24th in 2012 and our 24th picks are all golden with 2013 @24th with Shinkaruk and 2014 @24th with McCann.

B. Gives PK an opportunity to play with Malcolm as his goalie and Jordan as his D partner.

Goalie swap.

Vancouver: Malcolm Subban

20 years old, 6,2" 200 pounds

Boston: Thatcher Demko

18 years old 6,3" 190 pounds

4th round 2015 Draft

A. Malcolm was drafted 24th in 2012 and our 24th picks are all golden with 2013 @24th with Shinkaruk and 2014 @24th with McCann.

B. Gives PK an opportunity to play with Malcolm as his goalie and Jordan as his D partner.

Sorry but I don't see the point of this trade. The whole premise that PK might be enticed into coming to Vancouver due to his brothers is wishful thinking. Jordan and Malcolm might not even be good enough to play in the NHL. What if Demko ends up being the better goalie and PK signs long term in Montreal? PK Subban is also a UFA in 2 years, so plenty of time for Montreal to negotiate an extension.

Sorry but I don't see the point of this trade. The whole premise that PK might be enticed into coming to Vancouver due to his brothers is wishful thinking. Jordan and Malcolm might not even be good enough to play in the NHL. What if Demko ends up being the better goalie and PK signs long term in Montreal? PK Subban is also a UFA in 2 years, so plenty of time for Montreal to negotiate an extension.

I don't know about Jordan if he's going to make it to the big leagues but Malcolm? Malcolm is definitely going to be in the NHL...

It would be a nice little reunion deal for the players involved, and it's probably pretty close to equal value (we would probably have to offer a tad more), but yeah, it really isn't a trade that I could see happening, it doesn't really do anything for either team.

Subban is an elite goalie prospect, Demko not so much.

If you want the brothers united, Boston could simply offer a middling prospect for the Canuck's Subban.

Why do people keep underrating Jordan Subban. He has quite the value..

mmm we have miller for 3 yrs lack for 2 demko will will play 3-4 more yrs in boston college then play in van plus we have markstrom and erickson and cannata im pretty sure we wont trade demko for subban theres no need our goalie ranks are lush maybe the best in the nhl habs are pretty close as well price fucale tokarski is pretty nice

I don't know about Jordan if he's going to make it to the big leagues but Malcolm? Malcolm is definitely going to be in the NHL...

Goalies are very tough to predict. Look at Markstrom, a couple of years ago I would have told you the Panthers would never trade him. I just find there to be a lot of uncertainty with goalies, and even the "eye test" can be quite deceiving.

Archived