The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks ink 10th overall pick Ritchie to ELC

If we hadn't gotten Virtanen, I would have hoped Benning to get this kid. But thats only IF Virtanen wasn't available.. solid pick for the Ducks as he's going to become a hard player to play against. We don't want another Lucic(minus the behavior) running around in west..

If we hadn't gotten Virtanen, I would have hoped Benning to get this kid. But thats only IF Virtanen wasn't available.. solid pick for the Ducks as he's going to become a hard player to play against. We don't want another Lucic(minus the behavior) running around in west..

He's a hot head too. In the playoffs he seemed to cause alot of ruckus at the end of games.

No, he doesn't randomly punch guys in the head like Lucic (and at times, Kassian) but he can be very agitating to play against.

Happy with our picks. Glad we took who we took.

I'm not sour enough to say Ritchie will only be a 3rd liner but I think our picks will be definite 1st, 2nd liners with as much grit (if we are talking McCann) and more skill and hockey IQ if we are talking Virtanen.

Don't forget he is not likely to be pushing Tryamkin 6'-7"@ 230+lbs, Mackenzie 6'-3" @ 240+ lbs, MacEneny 6'-2"@ 210 +lbs or Cederolm 6'-2 @ 210+ lbs about

Even our goalies of Lack at 6'-4" 195 lbs and Demko at 6'-4" @ 200 lbs won't be looking up at him

Beattie, Gaunce, Martin, Petit, and Zalewski are all 6'-2" or over and hovering around the 210 lbs mark

I don't think we will be too troubled, especially having a GM like Benning. If he was to see a deficit I have no doubt he would address it.

In the end it is high end skill and hockey IQ combined with good coaching that will get the job done.

:lol: If we weren't taking Virtanen, it was going to be a skilled guy like Nylander or Ehlers. Ritchie wasn't going until 9th at the earliest.

I just can't help but think that he was effective because he has 30 pounds over every other player in the league. Even if its 30 pounds of fat... he looks like a white Cleveland junior.

Archived