Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ovi one kenobi

I think Benning thinks that Shinkaruk is expendable

30 posts in this topic

It seems to me that benning has tried trade Shinkaruk many times. This would seem to suggest that he

does not think that he is a key piece of the canucks future. So I think that we all have to explore the possibility of a Shinkaruk deal. I personally think we could get a second or a prospect that benning likes.

It seems to me that benning has tried trade Shinkaruk many times. This would seem to suggest that he

does not think that he is a key piece of the canucks future. So I think that we all have to explore the possibility of a Shinkaruk deal. I personally think we could get a second or a prospect that benning likes.

ok, lets get on it. Which GMs are you going to call?

is that because insiders or outsiders put his name in trade rumors and say that, benning wants that to happen....

i haven't heard benning say anything about that....people like to give us what they think he is thinking....and we swallow

it as truth....so gullible .....we'll believe everything...

CGY

Shinkaruk

VAN

1st '15 (CGY)

Well if teams are looking for a good prospect who are they going to go for. We aren't giving up Horvat, we gave up a hell of a player for him, Virtanen is Benning's first pick and a local kid, McCann is the key piece in the Kessler deal, he isn't going anywhere. Doubt the interest in Gaunce and Jensen is that high.

These are all unsubstantiated rumours anyway. I don't think he is being shopped, his name is just the most natural to pop up in rumours. The recent pattern would suggest MH Tigers aren't going anywhere.

Maybe he pissed off Linden's mom though, then he is as good as gone.

is that because insiders or outsiders put his name in trade rumors and say that, benning wants that to happen....

i haven't heard benning say anything about that....people like to give us what they think he is thinking....and we swallow

it as truth....so gullible .....we'll believe everything...

Exactly, we don't know if Benning has ever tried to shop Shinkaruk.

I think trading him would be a big mistake; he should have made the team last year and he wasn't even healthy.

I think trading him would be a big mistake; he should have made the team last year and he wasn't even healthy.

I really think a healthy Shinkaruk makes the 2nd line LW this season, barring a trade to fill that spot.

Back to the OP, why would we even consider trading Shinkaruk in the first place?

Didn't Murph or someone interview Benning about that?

They were talking about the trade for the first overall pick, and whoever it was mentioned the package that Dreger reported and Benning said it was false.

I'm not 100%, maybe someone can confirm?

Let me be totally honest here. You have a 100 point player in the WHL that you're offering up for a 2nd round pick or a prospect.

Can you name any other players in the WHL that scored around 100 points recently basically on one leg? And where did they get drafted again?

Oh that's right. 1st overall this year. But hey, Sam Reinhart only needs to hurt himself once and he'll go for a 2nd or prospect.

Hey, Virtanen at 17 came close to a 50 goal season right? But his shoulder is hurt. Think we can pawn him off for a 3rd to some unlucky team?

See what I am getting at? There was NEVER any substance to any Shinkaruk rumour. Nor can you honestly say with ANY credibility that Benning doesn't like him when Benning has stated the exact opposite more than a few times.

But hey, I got a penny now

A second round pick and a top prospect is more like it. If I recall, we are short on right-wingers in our prospect pool, especially compared to center, so maybe that's a deal that would make sense.

Let me be totally honest here. You have a 100 point player in the WHL that you're offering up for a 2nd round pick or a prospect.

Can you name any other players in the WHL that scored around 100 points recently basically on one leg? And where did they get drafted again?

Oh that's right. 1st overall this year. But hey, Sam Reinhart only needs to hurt himself once and he'll go for a 2nd or prospect.

Hey, Virtanen at 17 came close to a 50 goal season right? But his shoulder is hurt. Think we can pawn him off for a 3rd to some unlucky team?

See what I am getting at? There was NEVER any substance to any Shinkaruk rumour. Nor can you honestly say with ANY credibility that Benning doesn't like him when Benning has stated the exact opposite more than a few times.

But hey, I got a penny now

he had 16 points on one leg in 18 games....

If we got Reinhart, I would've been okay giving up Shinkaruk ...

For a 2nd round pick? ... lulz ...

I've heard Benning mention Shinkaruk's name about five separate times in reference to this team's future and the strength of the prospect pool. So I don't get the sense he's in any rush to move him or is actively shopping him.

That said, Hunter is a good asset and it's only natural his name would come up during discussions. Very few of our prospects are untouchable. If it meant improving the team, now and into the future, I think Benning would deal just about anyone. Horvat used to be close to untouchable, given how he was acquired, but that was the old regime. Benning isn't bound by the same rules. But I'd say that Virtanen, at this time, has become Benning's Horvat (ie: what he was to Gillis), and is nearly untouchable. McCann is similar, because of the Kesler association. But almost anyone else could be moved, if the right deal came around (and Shinkaruk would be at the top of that list for many teams).

However, it really feels like Benning has made all his big moves for this season, so things should stay quiet for a while now. And I really don't believe he was ever looking to move Shinkaruk, at any point since he was hired.