Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ovi one kenobi

I think Benning thinks that Shinkaruk is expendable

30 posts in this topic

Benning only seemed to consider moving Shinkaruk to move up in the draft or in a package for Kane.

he had 16 points on one leg in 18 games....

Yes, but he also played while being injured in 2012/2013 season.. and put up 86 points.. He ignored his injury and he knows he can't continue to play like this so he decided that enough was enough playing injured and eventually got the surgery he needed on his hip I believe..? This guy's going to be a stud, he was the steal of the draft in 2013... just like McCann was the steal of the draft in this year's draft... 2 of them should have gotten picked around the 10-20th pick..

Moving Shinkaruk would be a huge step backwards for the organization when scoring is the one great problem we have. His skill is off the charts. We haven't had a game breaking young talent with his snipe skills since Bure. We need that. All I can say is if he is traded then we have to be getting a player with the same potential and talent back or it's counterproductive. Makes no sense trading huge talent when we are rebuilding our talent base and NEED IT. Benning's not an idiot.

Oooor maybe hes the first prospect every gm asks for in a trade?

OoooOOOOooor maybe the rumours weren't true.

Didn't Murph or someone interview Benning about that?

They were talking about the trade for the first overall pick, and whoever it was mentioned the package that Dreger reported and Benning said it was false.

I'm not 100%, maybe someone can confirm?

Benning did shoot down the rumour that he was trying to trade Shinkaruk. That doesn't mean he wasn't in discussions, even for the first overall, but it doesn't mean he's shopping him either.

It seems to me that benning has tried trade Shinkaruk many times. This would seem to suggest that he

does not think that he is a key piece of the canucks future. So I think that we all have to explore the possibility of a Shinkaruk deal. I personally think we could get a second or a prospect that benning likes.

Expendable my ass. Ur expendable.

What a horrible thread devoid of anything remotely bordering on intelligence.

Despite the stupidity of the suggestion regarding a trade for a draft pick Shinkaruk is still a long shot to make this team or even have a career in the NHL.