The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Old games (PRE PS2/XBOX/GAMECUBE ERA)

Patrick Kane

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - One of the greatest games of all time.

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda A link to the past

Poke'mon Yellow, Crystal, Gold/Gold, Red/Blue

Poke'mon Stadium

TMNT TURTLES IN TIME

Supermario 64

SuperMario All-Stars

SuperMarioWorld

Mario Party

Street Fighter 2 TURBO: HYPER FIGHTING

F-ZERO for super nintendo

Super Smash Bros

Donkey Kong 64

Diddy Kong Racing

Wrestlemania 2000

Kirby 64: Crystal Shards

DBZ legacy of Goku 1 & 2

Warioland 2

Mortal Kombat 2

I am sure I am missing a lot.

My first ever video game <3

Thanks for that. That was amazing.

Man, could you imagine if they ever just re-made the whole game with the Wii U's engine? That game would fly off the shelves. I don't mean the little re-master that they did on the 3DS either.

If they made the game with the graphics that the Wii U is capable of, that would just be amazing.

I'm sure the next Wii U Zelda game is going to be phenomenal, but OoT on the Wii U would just be ridiculous.

Yeah, I've played a lot of PS2 games, and a lot of them are great, but I wouldn't have any real desire to own any of them outside of Shadow of the Colossus, and maybe Metal Gear Solid 3. A lot of games overall, but I already have or can get my hands on them for another console. Those are probably the only 2 exclusives.

I care a lot more about those PS1 games personally.

As of now I have a NES, N64, PS1, GBA, GameCube, XBOX 360, 3DS, and a Wii U. Since the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii, GBA with Gameboy, and 3DS with DS, all I need now is a SNES and Genesis to round out owning all the consoles I could care about.

Wish that the PS4 was backwards compatible, but non-Nintendo companies seem to have killed that concept, sadly.

Funny, SotC and MGS3 are on my PS2 favourite list as well.

I'd say my top 3 are Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy 10 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Thanks for that. That was amazing.

Man, could you imagine if they ever just re-made the whole game with the Wii U's engine? That game would fly off the shelves. I don't mean the little re-master that they did on the 3DS either.

If they made the game with the graphics that the Wii U is capable of, that would just be amazing.

I'm sure the next Wii U Zelda game is going to be phenomenal, but OoT on the Wii U would just be ridiculous.

I feel its over done now. They've pretty much made it for every console nintendo has put out since the n64. A new version wouldn't excite me at all anymore.

I feel its over done now. They've pretty much made it for every console nintendo has put out since the n64. A new version wouldn't excite me at all anymore.

They're all just ports. Even the 3ds was just a light remastering.

Something truly HD with high resolution texture. I'd be excited.

nintendo blasphemy alert: but i never really got the OoT hype. double blasphemy alert: i actually enjoyed Wind Waker far, far, far more

link to the past trumps them all, but something about OoT just bored me, which is strange because i think thats exactly what everyone says about Wind Waker

nintendo blasphemy alert: but i never really got the OoT hype. double blasphemy alert: i actually enjoyed Wind Waker far, far, far more

link to the past trumps them all, but something about OoT just bored me, which is strange because i think thats exactly what everyone says about Wind Waker

Link to the past is by far my favourite as well. I never got the Oot hype either, and to me it just felt like the game had a much slower pace to it. A lot of walking as young link, taking 5-10 mins to get anywhere. Was tough for me to get into it after playing Link to the Past. I also didn't grow up with the game so I don't have that nostalgia that many others do.

With me, I'm not huge on Windwaker, and even Link to the Past isn't very high on my list of Zelda games. Whereas OoT is not just my favourite Zelda game, it's just my favourite game, period.

Had the best dungeon design, and a story with both the most epic scope, and intricate subplots. It's not the first Zelda game I played or beat, but it is the one I've been the most blown away by.

Yeah, I've played a lot of PS2 games, and a lot of them are great, but I wouldn't have any real desire to own any of them outside of Shadow of the Colossus, and maybe Metal Gear Solid 3. A lot of games overall, but I already have or can get my hands on them for another console. Those are probably the only 2 exclusives.

I care a lot more about those PS1 games personally.

As of now I have a NES, N64, PS1, GBA, GameCube, XBOX 360, 3DS, and a Wii U. Since the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii, GBA with Gameboy, and 3DS with DS, all I need now is a SNES and Genesis to round out owning all the consoles I could care about.

Wish that the PS4 was backwards compatible, but non-Nintendo companies seem to have killed that concept, sadly.

I think the MGS collection came out for 360, so you could always pick that up if you wanted to play MGS3 without buying another console.

With me, I'm not huge on Windwaker, and even Link to the Past isn't very high on my list of Zelda games. Whereas OoT is not just my favourite Zelda game, it's just my favourite game, period.

Had the best dungeon design, and a story with both the most epic scope, and intricate subplots. It's not the first Zelda game I played or beat, but it is the one I've been the most blown away by.

damn son

what rounds out your top 10?

(i mean top 10 'old' games)

damn son

what rounds out your top 10?

(i mean top 10 'old' games)

Old games? How old?

I'll try: (pre- ps2/gamecube, to go with the thread's theme, I guess)

Ocarina of Time

Donkey Kong Country

Perfect Dark

Earthbound

Goldeneye

Streets of Rage 2

Starfox 64

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Final Fantasy VI

Paper Mario

New list looks quite different.

edit: I'm sure I forgot a few games, but that's probably a mostly accurate list.

For me I loved OoT and Windwaker as well.

Windwaker had moments that wowed me, especially where there's this one part you go to Hyrule Castle and everything is frozen in time. I found that amazing, and you go through it again the next time when everything is alive. Hell, the title song is very catchy as well and it pops back in my head from time to time.

If I had some sort of a top 10 pre-PS2/Gamecube then it would look similar to GB's.

Not in any order:

Starfox 64

Donkey Kong 64

Paper Mario

Chrono Trigger

Ocarina of Time

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Goldeneye

Super Mario World

Super Mario RPG

Kirby Superstar

I can't necessarily say this is my legit top 10 either. It's just what came to mind right away.

There's games that I played a ton that I should mention, like the Gameboy Colour Pokemon games, especially Gold. Then there's Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages. I played Mario Tennis 64 way too much as well. Diddy Kong Racing I probably played just as much as Mario Kart 64.

I never played Perfect Dark 64 that much so I can't really put it on or off of my list. There's so many games that I never really got around to playing. I can throw Earthbound onto that list too.

There's just so many to mention.

I also just want to post some songs that always pop in my head from time to time:

I also feel obligated to post Wiz Khalifa's song that uses this song:

There's obviously way more that always find their way into my thoughts but this is what comes to mind right now that I can remember. I actually have the Snake Eater song, and the To Zanarkand song on my iPod. Also a Midna's Lament metal cover.

interesting lists. i honestly don't remember playing much of Perfect Dark, but i remember messing around in it and thinking the controls felt fantastic and the visuals were nice, but i never got deep into it

i also don't remember playing Starfox 64 nearly as much as the SNES one either

chrono trigger

earthbound

donkey kong country

super mario world

mario 64

pocky and rocky

zelda: a link to the past

final fantasy 7

goldeneye

aladdin (SNES)

honorable mentions:

harvest moon: back to nature

final fantasy 9

golden axe series

knights of the round

aladdin (Sega)

super street fighter 2 turbo

these are the games i probably played the most in my young life. things i can look at now and literally feel warmth in my belly

pocky and rocky is the most underrated game on the SNES and a top 5 all-time score, for me

20121006233621!GoldenEye007box.jpg

The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(N

<3

nailed it. Ocarina Of Time is one of the all time best games ever made. Def the best game of its era and still a lot of fun every so often.

GoldenEye was just a great shooter. Current COD devs could learn a lesson here.

Honorable mention to Zelda: A Link To The Past. Still a great game as well. just not quite at Ocarinas level.

CrashTeamRacingNACover.pngTwisted_Metal_4.jpg

Those games are the two I still play regularly. These games are legendary. I downloaded an emulator on my computer just for these 2 games tbh. (Surprisingly, they are compatible with DualShock 4 which is bad ass)

Yes, there are many great games but these are my top 2.

Spyro or Crash: Warped also deserve serious recognition. Just didn't have the same replay value the 2 above had.

Archived