The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snet Pacific staff changes - Taylor & Cmac gone

Damn. Probably some shady stuff going on beyond the scenes to be sure. Based on my experience with Rogers, they don't excel at honest, ethical dealing. The fact that scum like Healy, Stock, and MacLean are being kept around, while actually competent broadcasters like Taylor are leaving says it all. I'll be getting my highlights from TSN and muting all intermissions by the looks of it.

It's unanimous. Jim Van Horne's mustache and Hazel Mae's mini skirt agree that Sportsnet loses this decision. ;)

(I was kinda disappointed by the lack of Taylorisms in this thread and figured I'd get the ball rolling)

I was hoping this thread would start going down this same road as well.

Here are some of my favourites:

• Reminiscent of a young (insert name) !!
  • Joffrey Lupul, the palindromeian one.
  • Goal scored by Andrew Brunette, and as always the assists go to Blonde and Redhead.
  • Michael Ryder, his friends call him 'CC'.
  • Clarke MacArthur parks one.
  • ...and it WAS... a GORGEOUS... MOVE! and YES!...in his best Marv Albert voice.
  • The singing of Frank Catalanatto's name to the tune of "Shave and a Haircut".
  • Jason Bartlett pears one...or Ryan Braun Lloyds one to right", a reference to Seinfeld character Lloyd Braun.
  • When describing a goal by a lesser known player...The dreaded [Obscure Player] - [Obscure Player] combination.
  • Describing a putt that goes in as "he scores"
  • Imitation of former Maple Leaf Gardens P.A. Announcer Paul Morris when recapping Toronto Maple Leafs hockey games... "goal scored by number 81 Phil Kessel, assisted by Dick Duff and Darryl Sittler".

Here's the best of Don Taylor thread that has a bunch more...

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/341459-the-best-of-don-taylor-canuckssports-anchorman/?hl=taylorisms

The other thread got locked for some reason in canucks talk. Anyways I wanted to post this here as well if anyone has any idea

I remember about 6 years ago when CBC didn't bring back Ron maclean massive fan email made them reverse the decision.

Does anyone know who we would have to email at Rogers? This is absurd.

It'll be weird not seeing Taylor around anymore but he's getting up there in age. I wonder if that had something to do with it. And I hope Don doesn't try to spin this as it was totally his decision to leave. Cause that'll be BS. You could see him slowly being pushed out the door for awhile now. I respect Taylor but I'd hate to see him lie through his teeth and tell everyone that he decided to leave.

It'll be weird not seeing Taylor around anymore but he's getting up there in age. I wonder if that had something to do with it. And I hope Don doesn't try to spin this as it was totally his decision to leave. Cause that'll be BS. You could see him slowly being pushed out the door for awhile now. I respect Taylor but I'd hate to see him lie through his teeth and tell everyone that he decided to leave.

Typically a company wil negotiate a "termination" deal when they fire an employee. One of the clause may be a "keep your mouth shut or we'll sue you" clause. Not saying that is what's going down here, but it happens all the time. :(

So I guess Don Cherry and Lloyd Robertson are kids, haha!

Sportsnet proves lacking when it comes to the west coast market. Taylor is a mainstay and c-ball is not.

Bad decision but was clear Taylor was not in their plans after Cybulski was brought in.

Back to TSN for highlights!

Couldn't a braintrust bring back sports page??

Archived