The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Acquiring Johansen

IF Ryan Johansen demanded a trade (not happening) then the trade would have to look something like this

Johansen

For

Horvat

2015 1st

Burrows (Cap reasons. Would have to waive)

Jensen

I would never do that deal. But Columbus would want a package like that.

Why would the Canucks even touch Jensen he has clearly found his game here with the Canucks

And I'm pretty he wants out since Columbus and Johansen are discussing short term contracts :) great news for us

Why would the Canucks even touch Jensen he has clearly found his game here with the Canucks

That's what the Blue Jackets would want. It's going to cost to trade for a 22 year old 6'3 60 point centre who's just scratched the surface of his potential.

If negotiations don't go smoothly, even then, the price would be crazy

Bonino

Horvat

Tanev

2015 first

++?

is it worth it? no

would I do it? hesitantly

It would be Johansen, McCann, Gaunce, Lain down the middle for years to come

the way I look at it is-

Horvat-Johansen top prospect for top prospect swap. Johansen replaces Horvat in the center position

Bonino is expendable IMO. He has decent value and is a good player but I'd get rid of him if it meant Johansen. McCann can hopefully fill that 2C position in a few years. In the meantime, It will be Johansen and Henrik Sedin as 1 and 2 C

I like Tanev as much as anybody. However, as of right now, we have 8 decent defensemen. Tanev is very much replaceable. We brought in Sbisa- I don't really like him but hopefully he can do well. Corrado has looked good in his call-ups. He isn't as steady as Tanev (defensively) but I like Corrado's physicality and he likes to shoot the puck. We also have Stanton and Weber. We also have Tryamkin, Hutton and Cederholm who can fill in, in the next few years. Yes, it isn't pretty, but we can make things work. Losing Tanev won't kill us.

The 2015 1st could be painful to lose, but knowing JB, he has the chops to make something happen

Most of the pieces we're giving up are replaceable, Johansen isn't a player that is acquired easily. That's just my opinion though

If negotiations don't go smoothly, even then, the price would be crazy

Bonino

Horvat

Tanev

2015 first

++?

is it worth it? no

would I do it? hesitantly

It would be Johansen, McCann, Gaunce, Lain down the middle for years to come

the way I look at it is-

Horvat-Johansen top prospect for top prospect swap. Johansen replaces Horvat in the center position

Bonino is expendable IMO. He has decent value and is a good player but I'd get rid of him if it meant Johansen. McCann can hopefully fill that 2C position in a few years. In the meantime, It will be Johansen and Henrik Sedin as 1 and 2 C

I like Tanev as much as anybody. However, as of right now, we have 8 decent defensemen. Tanev is very much replaceable. We brought in Sbisa- I don't really like him but hopefully he can do well. Corrado has looked good in his call-ups. He isn't as steady as Tanev (defensively) but I like Corrado's physicality and he likes to shoot the puck. We also have Stanton and Weber. We also have Tryamkin, Hutton and Cederholm who can fill in, in the next few years. Yes, it isn't pretty, but we can make things work. Losing Tanev won't kill us.

The 2015 1st could be painful to lose, but knowing JB, he has the chops to make something happen

Most of the pieces we're giving up are replaceable, Johansen isn't a player that is acquired easily. That's just my opinion though

Exactly I'd be willing to give up a player like Tanev and a top prospect like Horvat. He seems to be a solid player and can change a franchise like Columbus. It hurts to give up Bonino who has many years to improve in his numbers from last year. But I agree what ever it takes to acquire a superstar calibre type of payer like Johansen

Oh please....... .......

If we could snag Johansson for something like Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Hansen, and Burrows we ought to do it in a heartbeat. Im willing to add.

Johanson is a budding superstar!, and he would make us contenders for severel years...... 1-2-3 punch by Henrik, Johansen and Bonino would be deadly... Literally.

Plus we would have McCann developing into a top second line center (fingers crossed), and Gauce or Lain developing into third and fourth line centres.

Everyone should hope Columbus sends Johanson our way.

But they wont. Nice troll thread though.

And I'm pretty he wants out since Columbus and Johansen are discussing short term contracts :) great news for us

Why would the Blue Jackets even touch Johansen, he has clearly found his game there with the Blue Jackets.

Also, have you considered a short contract has nothing to do with the Canucks and has to do with him wanting a shorter contract now, expecting he can get much more money in a few years.

IF Ryan Johansen demanded a trade (not happening) then the trade would have to look something like this

Johansen

For

Horvat

2015 1st

Burrows (Cap reasons. Would have to waive)

Jensen

I would never do that deal. But Columbus would want a package like that.

With Bonino and McCann now that's honestly a package I would strongly consider moving for Johansen. But if we could somehow offer sheet him then trade a similar package for Kane that would be incredible.

With Bonino and McCann now that's honestly a package I would strongly consider moving for Johansen. But if we could somehow offer sheet him then trade a similar package for Kane that would be incredible.

I'd definitely do that package for Johansen but not for Kane.

I'm fine moving Horvat for Johansen because I believe Johansen is a superior replacement for any role Horvat would play. And Johansen is a rare RH centre, which are hard to find at that level of quality. Horvat is LH, and while a very good player, is less of a rarity. I believe centre balance is important in teambuilding, and not just in terms of RH/LH faceoff strong sides.

And Johansen is just a special player. He's already a proven 2C and he has 1C potential. He's a solid 2-way player. He's big and strong. He can log high minutes and play in all situations. He's a workhorse type and a player you can build your team around.

For that type, I'm fine effectively paying 3 1sts plus Burrows. And while I love Burr for everything he's done here, he has little asset value and is basically a cap dump for us (although he'll be a valuable player wherever he goes, salary aside). But trading him would get rid of the last remnant of our bad voodoo with the officials, which, alongside his salary, is why I wouldn't lose a moment's sleep shipping him out.

As for acquiring Kane, I'd trade everything mentioned except Horvat, because we need a potential elite 2C with two-way ability and faceoff skills. As our depth stands right now, we need Horvat in the system. That only changes if we acquire someone like Johansen (or another prospect emerges as a clear replacement for Horvat).

EDIT: I would want that 2015 pick to be protected with a 2016 option (depending on where we finish next season)

The Jackets would match. Johansen isn't going anywhere barring a massive (and I mean huge) overpayment.

I don't think Columbus would match since they want some cap space to spend to add players during trade deadline so if we offer him a long term contract with ton of $$$$$$$$$ then he'll prob accept

I can't wait for Johansen to sign his bridge deal with CBJ so this whole "Vancouver should get Johansen!" can be put to rest, and then we can only see hundreds of Evander Kane proposals instead.

It would be awesome if we got both Johansen and Kane. Then all the Shinkaruk trade rumours can finally be over

I can't wait for Johansen to sign his bridge deal with CBJ so this whole "Vancouver should get Johansen!" can be put to rest, and then we can only see hundreds of Evander Kane proposals instead.

Honestly, the Johansen proposals are pretty fun. The Kane proposals got really stale with all the Markstrom, Hansen, 1st proposals

Archived