The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) - will anyone stop them?

Heretic

I agree with most of what you say, but I think you're ignoring the risk to Americans this long standing US foreign policy has had. 9/11 was not merely an occurrence that happened because Muslims dislike whites or non-Muslims, it happened because the US has been creating severe instability in MENA, dropping bombs all over them, and installing dictators that, in mass, kill or use chemical weapons upon (gassing) their own people, under the auspices of spreading Democracy.

I personally don't think more Americans need to get blown up because the US government has a hard-on for whatever is out there in MENA, politically or resource-wise. The Muslims out there in MENA are going to blow themselves up and create instability all on their own, they don't need help from the US.

The real war is not between the east and the west . The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

You sure do love the unsourced picture rhetoric, don't you? Implying that the American, Saudi Arabian, and Turkish governments support ISIS as an organization is pretty dishonest.

Dishonest? It's sounds like a believable fact to me. But i'm too lazy to verify it. And I just don't care.

I am part impressed in shock and awe of these guys, and part concerned just like everyone else. Thankfully with Gaza/Israel in the back burner for now, there will actually be some coverage of it here. I highly recommend Al Jazeera English to anyone here (filter out the bias as you will but the first hand footage in the region is second to none).

Anyway, also excited about the upcoming Vice series. Part 1 was released recently

ps the bigotry in this thread is pretty unreal

That's what happens when Muslims or Islam is mentioned on this site.. Happens every time

Makes total sense.

But seriously, muslims of all sorts scare the crap out of me because of my interactions with them in Canada and what some muslims are doing across our globe.

Don't the good muslims who respect people and humanity regardless of race, religion, or belief feel the need to stand up to the ones who do not? How about instead of protesting what Israel is doing, or Assad, etc. we have some protests against those who think as outlined in the OP's article?

The problem with the world today (and the world of yesterday) is people who are willing to kill others based upon their race or belief. Good on the US and Israel for standing up to these terrorists, especially while being scrutinized by morons who think that hamas, ISIS, Al-Qaeda are not the issue here. Wake up Canada.

Give me a break :picard:

The only people who think of these kinds of statements are the ones who refuse or don't interact much with other ethnic people/communities. If you actually talked or interacted with these people you would know many are against extremism and terrorism. Next time try not to lump an entire group because of some rotten eggs..

Isn't it convenient though that the US/UK will march anywhere that suits the (first world) agenda under the guise of civil rights abuse and genocide, but chooses to ignore all other civil rights abuse and genocide.... Hmmmmm, wonder what they actually care about.. (if you were going to say money and power you're right)

The administrations who were doing that got voted out of power.

This is the flip side to an isolationist policy. You just watch this stuff happen. BTW Obama is considering air strikes.

Makes total sense.

But seriously, muslims of all sorts scare the crap out of me because of my interactions with them in Canada and what some muslims are doing across our globe.

Don't the good muslims who respect people and humanity regardless of race, religion, or belief feel the need to stand up to the ones who do not? How about instead of protesting what Israel is doing, or Assad, etc. we have some protests against those who think as outlined in the OP's article?

The problem with the world today (and the world of yesterday) is people who are willing to kill others based upon their race or belief. Good on the US and Israel for standing up to these terrorists, especially while being scrutinized by morons who think that hamas, ISIS, Al-Qaeda are not the issue here. Wake up Canada.

Pop quiz; what is the religion of the majority of the forces currently fighting ISIS?

And I can absolutely see the appeal to many to re establish the Caliphate or pan Islamic state. It makes sense in many ways.

Scares the hell out my lily white ass but it is a reasonable response to a fractured Middle East.

I'd say the same about a Bolivarian South America.

And I can absolutely see the appeal to many to re establish the Caliphate or pan Islamic state. It makes sense in many ways.

Scares the hell out my lily white ass but it is a reasonable response to a fractured Middle East.

I'd say the same about a Bolivarian South America.

Why? Are white people the only people specially targeted? Last time I checked anybody can be targeted Muslim or non-Muslim, etc... There are Indian oil workers trapped/being killed in Mosul because of this conflict.

Why? Are white people the only people specially targeted? Last time I checked anybody can be targeted Muslim or non-Muslim, etc... There are Indian oil workers trapped/being killed in Mosul because of this conflict.

Wasn't saying that. It's historical precedent that would scare me.

I just can imagine what Europe's response would be. I'm still a draft eligible citizen.

You sure do love the unsourced picture rhetoric, don't you? Implying that the American, Saudi Arabian, and Turkish governments support ISIS as an organization is pretty dishonest.

I used to have a saying "If hollywood has taught me anything...." then I'd add whatever non-factual comment the people around me were talking about. Now I'm going to have to change that to "If internet memes have taught me anything..."

ps the bigotry in this thread is pretty unreal

hope you're not talking to me because I think a white elitist woman is running ISIS :P

Pop quiz; what is the religion of the majority of the forces currently fighting ISIS?

Pagans ?

LAAAANNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAA!

danger-zone-meme-generator-danger-zone-e

Soviet Union is the closet.. With Stalin at the helm.

The EU was good in theory except for the financial mishaps.

It depends on the level of theocracy.

Some caliphates have been very enlightened in the earlier centuries. Later not so much.

These guys in ISIS don't strike me as the scholarly type.

That's what happens when Muslims or Islam is mentioned on this site.. Happens every time

Give me a break :picard:

The only people who think of these kinds of statements are the ones who refuse or don't interact much with other ethnic people/communities. If you actually talked or interacted with these people you would know many are against extremism and terrorism. Next time try not to lump an entire group because of some rotten eggs..

I'm confused. Did you watch the video you quoted in your post? Who are the rotten eggs?

Archived