The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] CBJ-Van

Johansen for Edler and Bonino (or Kassian if they won't take the Bonino deal)

Johansen is holding out right now, and would give us a top young player. In return Columbus gets two good players entering their prime, and a more well rounded team for probably the same amount of money as Johansen would cost. They'd probably prefer Kassian, and I'd still personally be willing to do that deal as Johansen will be an elite player.

I forget if Ry Jo was on the list of six that MG wanted to move Cody for, but if anyone on our team had the foresight to see what Ryan would become then I wonder if they regret trading Cody for Zack (not that Zack's a bad player or that anyone would've known that Kes would want to leave, and yeah hindsight is 20/20 but Ryan's quite the special player and he'd fill in well as a #1 C).

^no he wasn't on that list. MG said it was a list of 6 players similar to how Kassian plays and Johansen is a totally different breed of hockey player compared to Kass.

Brandon Sutter was targeted but doesn't play like Kassian. We don't know for sure if Johansen wasn't on that list. Johansen is big, has skill, can skate, and plays in all 3 zones. He sounds like everything Gillis would be looking for at the time

Archived