Richardson - 18

Stanton - 18

Dorsett - 17

Weber - 16

Sbisa - 15

Corrado 13

Miller 28 wins, 2.44 GAA, .916 SP, 3 SO

Lack 13, 2.73, .915, 1

I think the Sedins and Bonino are a bit low, I'd add 10 points each.

So is Tanev's, I think, by about the same. Hansen too could be quite a bit higher.

On the other side, I'd put $100 on a bet that Horvat gets nowhere close to 30. More likely 0-5.

Edit: so between Lack and Miller....41 wins?!? That would imply a serious playoff contender with 10ish loser points.

I'd say the numbers are a bit low for the top players, and a bit too high for the depth players.

I can't imagine Dorsett would get 17 points if he was the 14th forward.

Well, he isn't likely to be. He's likely to be an important 11-12.

But I agree in principle except I think the bottom 6 is about right. The top end guys should probably be higher and the 3rd line should scale down a bit.

I would call this list a 'safe' estimate because it doesn't seperate the 2nd liners production from the 3rd liners.

But I agree in principle except I think the bottom 6 is about right. The top end guys should probably be higher and the 3rd line should scale down a bit.

I would call this list a 'safe' estimate because it doesn't seperate the 2nd liners production from the 3rd liners.

I expect him to be a regular on the 4th line. But according to this list, Horvat and Jensen make the team (and stay, considering their point projections) which would bump Dorsett down to 14th on the depth chart.

It does seem like they went the safe route with most players, except for some of the young guys.

Here are the Canucks predections:

Miller 28 wins, 2.44 GAA, .916 SP, 3 SO

Lack 13, 2.73, .915, 1

41 wins (Miller 28, Lack 13) should be good enough to make it to the postseason (probably the second wild card spot).

Does that mean The Hockey News is actually predicting the Canucks will make the playoffs?

I think we'll challenge for 3rd in the Pacific but likely end up in a dogfight for a wild card position (so I agree with their projection).

I'd say the numbers are a bit low for the top players, and a bit too high for the depth players.

I can't imagine Dorsett would get 17 points if he was the 14th forward.

After glancing through the magazine quickly this appears to be the case on many teams. For Chicago the top 3 point producers are Kane - 74, Sharp - 70 and Toews - 68. Sharp is probably right, but if they're healthy I would expect Kane and Toews (especially Kane) to get more than that. Interesting note, they have Richards getting only 42 points. That would be a big drop from last season and the worse of his career.

After glancing through the magazine quickly this appears to be the case on many teams. For Chicago the top 3 point producers are Kane - 74, Sharp - 70 and Toews - 68. Sharp is probably right, but if they're healthy I would expect Kane and Toews (especially Kane) to get more than that. Interesting note, they have Richards getting only 42 points. That would be a big drop from last season and the worse of his career.

Is that also the case for guys like Crosby, Stamkos, etc too?

As for those Hawks players, I agree that Toews and Kane should get more, though I think about 5-10 points for Sharp should go to Richards. Hard to believe Richards would only get 42 points while playing with Kane.

If the sedins only score that ammount, it may be time for them to get 2nd line minutes and for us to start building a new 1st line

Although I will take this list with a grain of salt, didnt they say last year Booth would be the best fantasy pick last year hah

Kane had 69 points in 69 games last year, so I'd put him at 75-85 points for 82 games (depending on scoring streaks or droughts)

Toews had 68 Points in 76 games last year, so I'd put him at 73-76 points for 82 games

Sharp had 78 points in 82 games last year, so I'd expect about the same for him

The X factor is Richards though. He can lead his line-mates to better point outputs or he could struggle like he did last year and end up being like Handzus offensively.

Kane had 69 points in 69 games last year, so I'd put him at 75-85 points for 82 games (depending on scoring streaks or droughts)

Toews had 68 Points in 76 games last year, so I'd put him at 73-76 points for 82 games

Sharp had 78 points in 82 games last year, so I'd expect about the same for him

The X factor is Richards though. He can lead his line-mates to better point outputs or he could struggle like he did last year and end up being like Handzus offensively.

That would be really extreme and very unlikely. Handzus has his skills, but offensiely he lacked any punch, Richards could outscore Handzus on one leg. IMO 42 points is very low for Richards, I'd expect around 50 points especially if he plays on the PP.

THN's Darryl Dobbs' take on Canucks pickups:

Ryan Miller, Vancouver Canucks

The Miller signing actually has a negative impact in fantasy hockey. It kills the fantasy value of both Eddie Lack and Jacob Markstrom, to the point where Markstrom is looking to move to another organization. Vancouver is in rebuild mode, so Miller is looking at 25 wins and not much more than that. Lack could win the same amount of games, had the team just stuck with him. But now hell be lucky to win 10.

Radim Vrbata, Vancouver Canucks

Jason King, Anson Carter and Alex Burrows. Not a true sniper among them, yet all spent significant time on a line with Daniel and Henrik Sedin, who in turn gave them a nice production boost. This could have been in short spurts (as with King), or over the long haul (as with Burrows). Well now they have Vrbata, who tallied 35 goals two years ago without their help. The potential for career highs for Vrbata is pretty significant.

And on younglings:

Many scouts consider last summers ninth overall pick, center Bo Horvat, ready to make the jump. One of the last cuts in camp last year, Horvat has little left to prove at the junior level and with a strong camp hell almost assuredly start the season with the Canucks. If that happens, an expectation of 35 to 40 points is fair.

Speedy winger Nicklas Jensen played the final 17 games for Vancouver, including a stint playing with Henrik Sedin when Daniel was injured. Overall, he had his ups and downs, though that stint with Henrik looked pretty sweet at times. A new coach changes everything, though, and nothing is even remotely assured when it comes to what league Jensen plays in, let alone what line hes on.

And overall:

Fantasy Outlook Right now, the Canucks players hold little fantasy appeal. After all, the Sedin twins led the way in offense with 97 points combined. Combined! They used to each rack up that many points, let alone combined! So a fantasy owners faith is relying on this teams ability to bounce back under new coaching and new management. So most owners of Henrik, Daniel, Edler, Ryan Kesler et al are in full waiting mode. Or theyre selling. Fantasy Grade: D+ (last year was B-)

Doesn't seem too high on our fantasy hopes. But it's Dobber. He wrote off Kesler way too early and was shocked when the Canucks as a team started lighting it up.

I'd love for Horvat to make the team, as we need to start ushering in the future, and he can't learn anything new in London, but 35-40 pts sounds excessive. Stamkos only managed 46 in his rookie season, and that's Stamkos.

One thing's clear though. This team as it is this season depends pretty much entirely on the Sedins' ability to bounce back.

I'd really like to project Hamhuis back higher than 24 points? He's been a 40 point guy and Garrison is gone... :blush:

I would be excited if Kassian outscored Burrows and Higgins. Interesting!

Yes spot on. Jensen isn't getting 30 points if Kassian, Higgins, Hansen are up where they are, also assuming one of Mathias or Vey is playing wing (as you would guess by the points). Basically Vey or Jensen just is not getting the ice time in any kind of position to generate points, and I'd bet on Vey with Jensen being in minors.

In a perfect world, Jensen would beat out a winger, say Hansen, and force him to the 4th line. But then Hansen doesn't get the points he's projected. Add in Horvat's numbers, there is just TOO many middle 6 points. Jensen and Horvat prob too high on this list.

That would be really extreme and very unlikely. Handzus has his skills, but offensiely he lacked any punch, Richards could outscore Handzus on one leg. IMO 42 points is very low for Richards, I'd expect around 50 points especially if he plays on the PP.

2knd power play maybe / likely!

Look, I know Richards is a career PP stud. But who is he going to displace on the Hawks top unit? Or on the point, when they desperately needed a 2knd unit pivot.

Forget order, Sharp, Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith then start debating Seabrook, would he pull Hjalmarsson off a 2knd point pairing...

Richards will pivot the 2knd PP unit, which is still not going to be as lethal as the first. Still, 50 points should be achievable when he will play with Saad and one of Hossa, Sharp or Kane 5 on 5.

2knd power play maybe / likely!

Look, I know Richards is a career PP stud. But who is he going to displace on the Hawks top unit? Or on the point, when they desperately needed a 2knd unit pivot.

Forget order, Sharp, Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith then start debating Seabrook, would he pull Hjalmarsson off a 2knd point pairing...

Richards will pivot the 2knd PP unit, which is still not going to be as lethal as the first. Still, 50 points should be achievable when he will play with Saad and one of Hossa, Sharp or Kane 5 on 5.

Believe or not Sharp and Keith aren't that good on the PP. Sharp plays the point like Richards does and if Richards has any measure of success it will be Sharp who moves to the 2nd PP units. If it were up to me I'd have Seabrook and Leddy work the points on the first unit PP.

Archived