The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philadelphia Edmonton (Proposal)

Phi has got the overload of Center's, and Edm has a lack there of.

Couturier > Schenn Value Wise.

Couturier would also be a better fit in EDM

But if I were Philly i would go for Eberle.

Possible trade I could see:

Sean Couturier and Robert Hagg for Jordan Eberle

-Why great for Phi:

Eberle Giroux Voracek, thats why.

Simmons Schenn Umberger

-Why great for Edm:

Hall RNH Yakupov

Perr Couturier Draisatl (or 3C)

Nurse Hagg Klefbom Schultz Fayne Ference Nikitin

I doubt Edmonton would either. Eberle is a very good player and would likely be 1 of the last 2 players traded from that team.

Your kidding right!? I'd take a 21 year old 6'3 Couturier anyday over Eberle. A 2nd line 2 way center is more valuable than an average sized top 6 scorer imo. Hagg is the icing on the cake. The Oilers would be doing jumping jacks if that happened.

Hall - Nuge - Perron
Purcell - Couts - Yak

I think the Oil would want one of the more established D-men on the roster though (one of Streit, Coburn, MacDonald or Grossmann, unlikely Del Zotto - Schenn). It would be sick to see the Flyers pull this off though.

Your kidding right!? I'd take a 21 year old 6'3 Couturier anyday over Eberle. A 2nd line 2 way center is more valuable than an average sized top 6 scorer imo. Hagg is the icing on the cake. The Oilers would be doing jumping jacks if that happened.

No they would not. Sean Couturier has been used in primarily a defensive role as the Flyers 3rd line center. Would he be Edmonton's second line center? Probably but the Oilers drafted Draisaitl and he will be taking over that role in the near future. Eberle is not an "average sized top 6 scorer", he is a 1st line RW and has accomplished more than Couturier has in his career. Not to mention he himself is only 23 years old. The Oilers future top 6 is already set, at RW Yakupov and Eberle, at LW Perron and Hall, at center RNH and Draisaitl. If they need anything its a short term stop gap center, someone like Legwand who can play 2nd line minutes if Draisaitl is not ready. They already have a 3rd line center in Boyd Gordon.

The fact that you seem to emphasize Couturier's size while calling Eberle average sized just tells me that you are overrating one player just because he happens to be a few inches taller than another. Size is always an advantage a player has but its not the determining factor in which player is more valuable.

The Flyers have Simmonds and Voracek at RW so they have no use for Eberle. This is all around a very poorly thought out proposal which neither team would consider.

The Oilers could use a center like Couturier. Draisaitl imo should have to at least fight for his spot. Or be eased into it. Eberle is great but the Oilers don't lack scoring. Courtier would be an awesome fit.

Regardless of needs or wants I wouldn't give up Couts and Hagg for Eberle.

Lol. No.

The Oilers would not accept that. Look what Eberle has done so far in his young career. Get real.

People seem to forget Couturier's offensive upside

Personally, I dislike Eberle and I'm a huge Couturier fan so that probably clouds my judgment but I'd do this in a heartbeat if I were Edmonton. They really lack guys like Couturier

Giroux needs some more meat and potatoes on his line, I don't like Eberle next to him

I'm not saying that SC doesn't fit exactly what Edmonton is lacking they just wouldn't do it at the cost of Eberle, he is darn good player.

Edm gets Hagg too. In a year or 2 imo SC will be worth more than Eberle. But it's okay. Clearly what Edmonton has been doing seems to be working...

Archived