The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OFFICIAL Shark Week thread.

god what happend to shark week? what a bunch of fake garbage.

when was it ever anything more than a bunch of kid friendly documentaries and re-enactments of shark attacks, repeated multiple times over the course of the week, year after year?

Man I was watching this thing on this submarine shark and googled it 5 mins in and apparently it's all fake. Booourns

That shark sounds like a pimp

They did a disclaimer at the beginning of the show, saying that it was "fictionalized". If you missed the start, you probably missed that.

I probably would have clued in when Submarine pulled the woman under, and for some reason decided to include a huge floatation device as well. (for roughage, I'd have to guess)

It got less and less believable after that. From the shark "hiding", to pushing the guy out to sea "for later"....even the Captain hitting the rocks on a routine cruise....

To be fair while the fictionalized part was a bogus mockumentary. South Africans have indeed for years seen a massive shark by all accounts but has never been truly verified.

Also...what the ever loving hell they let him push that guy out for 15 minutes and NOBODY did a thing. 6 boats right there and NOBODY swoops in to rescue him, but boy wonder jumps into a shark cage goes into the water with the shark and rescues 3 people with...some creamo

I have been watching the older seasons of shark week on netflicks. I do plan on watching some newer stuff. Personally I like the stuff they do on the megs cause it's interesting and I am a shark and dinosaur nut and megs were around back then so....

And don't be hating on sharknado it's cheesy goodness

I was out in Steveston at the Maritime festival, and on the Saturday night was at the Bucaneer. The crusty old sailor quotient was triple the usual.

I bought a round of drinks for some older sailors and sat down with them and asked if they had any tales of the open ocean (I'm a nut for that kind of thing). One of the older guys originally from Britian, served in the Merchant Marines. He told me of an incident that happened when they were travelling between the Marshall Islands and the Phillipines.

They were headed west and saw a humpback whale flailing in the water about 600 yards from their starboard bow. They saw that it was being pulled underwater by something. He said that a shark as big as the humpback then breached the water behind the whale and bit down on it's midsection or umbillicis and shook it like a rag doll.

It sent shivers down my spine and frankly, I believe the guy, The ocean is a terrifying place.

I was out in Steveston at the Maritime festival, and on the Saturday night was at the Bucaneer. The crusty old sailor quotient was triple the usual.

I bought a round of drinks for some older sailors and sat down with them and asked if they had any tales of the open ocean (I'm a nut for that kind of thing). One of the older guys originally from Britian, served in the Merchant Marines. He told me of an incident that happened when they were travelling between the Marshall Islands and the Phillipines.

They were headed west and saw a humpback whale flailing in the water about 600 yards from their starboard bow. They saw that it was being pulled underwater by something. He said that a shark as big as the humpback then breached the water behind the whale and bit down on it's midsection or umbillicis and shook it like a rag doll.

It sent shivers down my spine and frankly, I believe the guy, The ocean is a terrifying place.

I have a hard time believing a old drunk sailor

Archived