The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marco Sturm said Goodbye

Goosebumps in Landshut: When the clock stopped 39 seconds before the end of the game, the man left with the number 39, the ice and none of the 5,500 fans at the stadium on Gutenbergweg considered it more in his seat! It was a memorable moment when Marco Sturm after over 1,200 competitive games in the NHL (1006) and the DEL (195) of any of his teammates adopted person and his shirt was pulled under the Landshut hall roof.

That the spiked with national and international prominence "World Friends" before against the "Landshut Friends" with 9 had won 5, got there - of course - a minor matter. Especially storm was in use for each of the two teams and had been responsible for one goal.
In Landshut the Storm jersey is after Butzi Auhuber, Alois Schloder and Erich Kühnhackl only the fourth, which was honored in this way. Then spoke storm his parting words on the ice, thanked his family: "You have always been there for me and I love you more than anything." Then he left the ice in the direction Cabin evening there was still an evening event in the next. the Landshut icons Alois Schloder and Erich Kühnhackl also DEL CEO Gernot Tripcke and the new DEB-President Franz Reindl were present.

Translated with google ...

http://www.del.org/de/news/2014/08/abschied-sturm2/page/2805--30-2796-.html

3093_Sturm01_20140809_632x302.jpg?

3095_Sturm03_20140809_632x302.jpg?

Lineup´s

„Landshuter Friends“:

Tor: Petr Briza (Rückennummer 22), Christian Künast (47);

Verteidigung: Michael Bresagk (2), Udo Kießling (4), Andi Geipel (21), Peter Gulda (26), Eduard Uvira (7), Markus Wieland (44);

Sturm: Peter Abstreiter (71), Tobi Abstreiter (37), Jörg Handrick (33), Ewald Steiger (24), Wally Schreiber (25), Markus Hundhammer (19), Günter Oswald (13), Ralf Hantschke (27), Jacek Plachta (20), Marco Sturm (39).

Trainer: Hans Zach, Bernie Englbrecht

„World Friends“:

Tor: Max Englbrecht (45);

Verteidigung: Christian Ehrhoff (10), Aaron Ward (4), Dennis Seidenberg (44), Mirko Lüdemann (12), Zdeno Chara (33);

Sturm: Sven Felski (11), Marcel Goc (57), Niklas Sundström (24), Jochen Hecht (55), Daniel Kreutzer (23), John Tripp (21), Glen Metropolit (50), Tobi Rieder (13), Felix Schütz (5), Marco Sturm (39); Trainer: Geoff Ward.

Was fantastic with San Jose! All star two way, defensively bent, forward. Both times I watched him play against the Canucks he owned us. A dynamic, fast, feisty forward. Pretty good in Boston as well.

Bad knee's took away his vitality. Too bad!

Was fantastic with San Jose! All star two way, defensively bent, forward. Both times I watched him play against the Canucks he owned us. A dynamic, fast, feisty forward. Pretty good in Boston as well.

Bad knee's took away his vitality. Too bad!

yap...those injuries threw him really back ..was never the same after this

now he will may join the DEB Staff .....his experiences could be helpfull ...my the next Nationalteam Coach ? :lol:

you´ll never know :)

Great career by Sturm. Did really well in 2011 in our cup run. Just came up short

Sturm had a great career, but he did nothing for the Canucks cup run in 2011...in fact Sturm played all of six games for the Canucks in 2011-2012.

Dal Colle needs to breathe so that he can get some oxygen to his brain.

Archived