The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Stars Tournament in Penticton

darkpoet

Are any of you going?
I'm local to the area and was curious if anyone else living here may be into doing a BBQ or something for a bunch of us to get together, talk shop, have a few pops, and check out some games.

If this sounds like something you might be into just drop a post here or PM me if you're local and we can work it out. Would be cool to get a bunch of people together. Celebrate the end of summer, and the beginning of hockey season :towel:

Really looking forward to seeing all the new kids that got drafted this year, along with a few who've had a couple years to marinate... this is gonna be good!

Game 1
Sept. 12
4 pm

Jets vs. Winnipeg (that' what it says)

Game 2
Sept. 12
7:30 pm
Canucks vs. Oilers

Game 3
Sept. 13

Flames vs Oilers

Game 4

Sept. 14
2:00 pm

Canucks vs. Jets

*bonus game later that evening if you bought the whole package: Vees vs Merritt 5:30 pm

Game 6
Sept. 15

11:30 am

Oilers vs. Jets

Game 7

Sept. 15

5:30 pm

Flames vs Canucks

http://www.soec.ca/

Canucks to Host Young Stars Classic in Penticton

There you go, all the info you'll need all in one spot - even a discussion about a BBQ.

Thanks. I only did a search in Canucks Talk for this.

Looks like the "party" is sponsored by the event.

I just went to Alice in Chains at the SOEC and they had a similar "party" outside beforehand. $$$

Anyone NOT interested in spending $5 for a plain hot dog or $6 for a tiny glass of wine, drop a line here! I was thinking more along the lines of a backyard or the beach vs. a parking lot.

cheers

I'll most likely be there for the Canucks games on Friday evening and Saturday. A BBQ Saturday sounds like fun. I will probably camp at Barefoot beach over on Skaha. Other end of town from the rink but also a good place to BBQ... I'll check back here frequently to see if anything gets going.

Are any of you going?

I'm local to the area and was curious if anyone else living here may be into doing a BBQ or something for a bunch of us to get together, talk shop, have a few pops, and check out some games.

If this sounds like something you might be into just drop a post here or PM me if you're local and we can work it out. Would be cool to get a bunch of people together. Celebrate the end of summer, and the beginning of hockey season :towel:

Really looking forward to seeing all the new kids that got drafted this year, along with a few who've had a couple years to marinate... this is gonna be good!

Game 1

Sept. 12

4 pm

Jets vs. Winnipeg (that' what it says)

Game 2

Sept. 12

Canucks vs. Oilers

Game 3

Sept. 13

Flames vs Oilers

Game 4

Sept. 14

2:00 pm

Canucks vs. Jets

*bonus game later that evening if you bought the whole package: Vees vs Merritt 5:30 pm

Game 6

Sept. 15

11:30 am

Oilers vs. Jets

Game 7

Sept. 15

5:30 pm

Flames vs Canucks

http://www.soec.ca/

Is it live on SNET Pacific if Rogers keeps it as it is. I'm pumped for many years and I expect some of them to be full time Canucks like Gaunce, Horvat, and possibly Shinkaruk

Does anyone know when the roster for the tournament is announced?

And I would join if I weren't living in Sweden

They had a partial roster with the announcement, some surprises in AHL guys like Cannata and Corrado being listed. On mobile so I can't find it for you.

See the link to the original thread in my first post. All the details we currently know already added in that thread.

Archived