The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?

-AJ-

Introvert or Extrovert?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was in the shower today and I was thinking (as I usually do in the shower), and I thought it would be interesting to see what members of CDC identified themselves as, an introvert or an extrovert?

One biff that I have with some people is their failure to understand what makes on an introvert versus and extrovert, and vise-versa. Generally, it's accepted that what defines an introvert and an extrovert is where they get their energy from. An introvert would get energized by spending time alone to recharge, whereas an extrovert would get energy by being around people and talking among them.

Take for example, my youth pastor this Sunday. I wasn't there for it, but apparently, he claimed that he was an introvert, because he was "terrified of public speaking". This is what I mean by people misunderstanding what makes an introvert or an extrovert.

That rant aside, the main purpose of this thread is to see what you folks consider yourselves: introverts, ambiverts (pretty much right in the middle), or extroverts?

I have a theory, though unproven, that many people who spend a lot of time online in their free time are introverts, seeing as introverts would often rather spend time alone, than away from computers and with other people.

As a side note - I do know that no one is fully to one side of the spectrum, I'm merely wondering which side you identify more with, that's all.

*Mods, I wasn't sure if this belonged in Off-Topic or WN. If you feel it needs to be moved, then by all means, go ahead.

You're only ever yourself when you're alone. It's the only time you don't have to abide to social norms or worry about how people perceive you

So id consider myself to be an introvert. For the longest time I had pretty bad social anxiety. It's better now, but I'd still choose being alone over large crowds

I love my alone time. Like the poster said above, its the only time you can just be yourself. If I want to scratch my ass and follow that by eating a steak with my bare hands its ok because im alone. (This is hypothetical ofcourse haha)

On another note, you have some deep shower thoughts, I think about if I want jam on my sandwich with my peanut butter, or just keep it plain PB.

You're only ever yourself when you're alone. It's the only time you don't have to abide to social norms or worry about how people perceive you

If you are comfortable with who you are then it doesn't matter what societal norms are, or how others perceive you right? I mean what are you hiding at home? :ph34r:

I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that I am the same person in public as I am alone.

Having said that, I need time alone to recharge, yet crave social time and feed off other peoples energy to delay the next recharge.

If you are comfortable with who you are then it doesn't matter what societal norms are, or how others perceive you right? I mean what are you hiding at home? :ph34r:

I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that I am the same person in public as I am alone.

Having said that, I need time alone to recharge, yet crave social time and feed off other peoples energy to delay the next recharge.

For the longest time I had pretty bad social anxiety, to the point where I was worried about every little thing I was doing to how I was walking, where to look on the bus (avoiding awkward eye contact) so I definitely wasn't comfortable lol

For the longest time I had pretty bad social anxiety, to the point where I was worried about every little thing I was doing to how I was walking, where to look on the bus (avoiding awkward eye contact) so I definitely wasn't comfortable lol

Understood. Wasn't trying to make you feel shyte about it. Personally, I love the awkward eye contact on the bus. Look right over someones shoulder long enough that they start making eye contact with you to see if you are staring, even though you are looking past them with a blank and comfortable expression on your ace. Then, slowly start introducing glancing eye contact with them and see if they continue to check up on you.

Riding transit is hilarious.

Understood. Wasn't trying to make you feel shyte about it. Personally, I love the awkward eye contact on the bus. Look right over someones shoulder long enough that they start making eye contact with you to see if you are staring, even though you are looking past them with a blank and comfortable expression on your ace. Then, slowly start introducing glancing eye contact with them and see if they continue to check up on you.

Riding transit is hilarious.

I hate transit for those reasons. So glad I have my car now.

Why does this bother you? And I don't mean that in a negative way, just curious since I've never had anyone bring up this subject in conversation before.

I guess I'd be in the middle, I'm not really sure. I can get energy from being around people, or just relaxing alone. Depends what I feel like doing at the time.

Archived