VAN

Rick Nash

Dylan McIlrath or Adam Tambellini

NYR

Higgins

Burrows

Markstrom

Why New York

- much needed Salary Cap relief for the future, while still being a competitive playoff team now

--with a lot of young guys coming up NYR will have more flexibility when dealing with future cap issues. Staal , Zuccarelo, Stephen , Krieder and Haglin will all be Free agents soon. I doubt that they will be able to keep all those guys together with Nash still on the books

-Higgins and Burrows 2 contracts are cheaper and much easier for management to deal with

- combined point production can make up for then loss of Nashs goal production, while at the same time improving the Rangers defensive game immensely

-Burrows would probably waive NTC to play so close to home. and has great relationship and trust in AV. I bet AV you would push management for Burrows

-Higgins only played 55 games with the Rangers during his stint back in 09/10. He would probably waive his NTC to play in his home state and give it another shot, plus he was an AV favorite

--as we seen with Benning and WD, coaches and management like to bring in players they are familer with

- Markstrom is a solid prospect, that can be mentored and influenced tremendously by fellow swede Lundqvist. NYR doesn't have very good goalie prospect as of now.

--Even though Talbot played lights out for New York last season, he is a UFA goaltender that will definitely be looking for a nice pay day that the rangers cant afford

Why Vancouver

- Canucks are in a retool/rebuilding mode

- get a good solid young prospect

- Dman, McIlrath makes the team bigger, nastier and stronger, and is almost NHL ready

- Tambellini is a western hockey product that has strong ties to Vancouver and has being playing really good hockey, despite being moved around so much

- Nash can make the canucks have a solid second line and make the powerplay lethal if he teams up with the Sedins.

-Canucks can afford his expensive long contract because most young players will still be RFA,s by the time Nash's contract will end

-Nash best suits playing in the western conference, more based on positional play rather then speed

-Nash and Kassian together would be insane, and would make a great mentor for Kass

- Nash is only 30 years old, still has plenty left in the tank, sometimes a change of scenery does wonders.

-Canucks are on the hook for Burrows and Higgins untill 2016 anyways. (7 million).
--With the cap going up every year, its not that much of a risk to pick up a former elite NHL forward, whos still relatively young.

nash his similar career stats as ur beloved sedins and is 3 years younger

NHL TOTAL NHL 783 336 292 628 -45 630 90 17 56 - 2712 0.80

h.sedin

NHL TOTAL NHL 1010 193 649 842 203 576 50 6 34 - 1490 0.83

d.sedin

NHL TOTAL NHL 979 307 498 805 172 420 111 0 67 - 2585 0.82
CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($5.000m)
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Nick Bonino ($1.900m) / Zack Kassian ($1.750m)
Jannik Hansen ($2.500m) / Shawn Matthias ($1.750m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)
Linden Vey ($0.735m) / Bo Horvat ($0.894m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Brad Richardson ($1.150m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Chris Tanev ($2.000m)
Luca Sbisa ($2.175m) / Dylan McIlrath ($0.703m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m) / Ryan Stanton ($0.550m)
GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($6.000m)
Eddie Lack ($1.150m)
BUYOUTS
David Booth ($0.000m)
Keith Ballard ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARIES (1.16% of upper limit)
Roberto Luongo ($0.800m—15.00%)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,304,167; BONUSES: $1,441,667
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $695,833
FORWARDS

Chris Kreider ($2.475m) / Derick Brassard ($5.000m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Mats Zuccarello ($3.500m)
J.T. Miller ($0.894m) / Matthew Lombardi ($0.800m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Dominic Moore ($1.500m) / Lee Stempniak ($0.900m)
Tanner Glass ($1.450m) / Jesper Fast ($0.805m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Girardi ($5.500m) / Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m)
Dan Boyle ($4.500m) / Marc Staal ($3.975m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / John Moore ($1.251m)
Mike Kostka ($0.650m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($8.500m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.200m)
BUYOUTS
Wade Redden ($0.000m)
Brad Richards ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,449,667; BONUSES: $445,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $550,333

Was going to say the same thing Pears pointed out. This isn't a savings for them in cap at all.

Assuming it was, why would Vancouver want Nash at his salary? I remember being one of the few people who actually liked the trade Columbus made at the time, because I thought they would get more out of Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, and the 1st round which turned out to be Kirby Rychel.

Columbus made the right move getting rid of him. Let's not do the Rangers a favour here.

You say they get cap relief but really they actually gain $200K in cap space. Terrible reasoning and terrible deal for the Rangers.

Was going to say the same thing Pears pointed out. This isn't a savings for them in cap at all.

Assuming it was, why would Vancouver want Nash at his salary? I remember being one of the few people who actually liked the trade Columbus made at the time, because I thought they would get more out of Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, and the 1st round which turned out to be Kirby Rychel.

Columbus made the right move getting rid of him. Let's not do the Rangers a favour here.

cap relief in the sense that two smaller contracts are better then one huge one

much needed Salary Cap relief for the future, while still being a competitive playoff team now
--with a lot of young guys coming up NYR will have more flexibility when dealing with future cap issues. Staal , Zuccarelo, Stephen , Krieder and Haglin will all be Free agents soon. I doubt that they will be able to keep all those guys together with Nash still on the books
-Higgins and Burrows 2 contracts are cheaper and much easier for management to deal with

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Nash. I always thought, if we didn't sign a top 6 forward (Vrbata) we should trade for Nash and resign Mike Santorelli with one of the open spots, but we got Vrbata anyway.

But either way, Nash has stated he has no interest in waiving his NTC to move from NYR

No thanks to Rick Trash.

nash his similar career stats as ur beloved sedins and is 3 years younger

NHL TOTAL NHL 783 336 292 628 -45 630 90 17 56 - 2712 0.80

h.sedin

NHL TOTAL NHL 1010 193 649 842 203 576 50 6 34 - 1490 0.83

d.sedin

NHL TOTAL NHL 979 307 498 805 172 420 111 0 67 - 2585 0.82

cap relief in the sense that two smaller contracts are better then one huge one

much needed Salary Cap relief for the future, while still being a competitive playoff team now

I see your reasoning here. Three years of Burrows/Higgins (with Markstrom becoming a RFA next year) vs four years of Nash. This being said, I don't see the Rangers agreeing to this proposal, and probably not the Canucks either.

Now if the deal could be tweaked so Nash was taken out of the mix then you might find additional support.

regards,

G.

Wow. The best forward on NYR for two third liners? Never going to happen. I love reading this forum, but rarely have I seen a trade that makes sense for the other team - greatly overvaluing our players - or throwing a bunch of mediocre players to make up for one very good or star or player. Not going to happen. Nash would be a great addition though.

I see your reasoning here. Three years of Burrows/Higgins (with Markstrom becoming a RFA next year) vs four years of Nash. This being said, I don't see the Rangers agreeing to this proposal, and probably not the Canucks either.

Now if the deal could be tweaked so Nash was taken out of the mix then you might find additional support.

regards,

G.

You talk about how great Nash is, then you say they should dump him for cap relief (for two middle 6 forwards and a goalie they have 0 use for).

Wow. The best forward on NYR for two third liners? Never going to happen. I love reading this forum, but rarely have I seen a trade that makes sense for the other team - greatly overvaluing our players - or throwing a bunch of mediocre players to make up for one very good or star or player. Not going to happen. Nash would be a great addition though.

-with a lot of young guys coming up NYR will have more flexibility when dealing with future cap issues. Staal , Zuccarelo, Stephen , Krieder and Haglin will all be Free agents soon. I doubt that they will be able to keep all those guys together with Nash still on the books

Archived