The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Westboro Baptist Church Plan to Protest RObin Williams Funeral

Raoul Duke

They're just doing it for the publicity at this point

They've always done it for publicity.

People keep giving them the attention they seek.

Heeeeere comes another outrage at the umpteenth WBC funeral protest..

I ought to donate to these people. They're very good at trolling the supposedly intellectual masses.

It is a travesty that these fucktards exist, and if they were to protest a funeral of a family member of mine, I'd hurt them.

The family is truly the only party in this situation that has the right to tale umbrage with this vermin. But at the same time, it is free speech, no matter how vile.

It is a travesty that these fracktards exist, and if they were to protest a funeral of a family member of mine, I'd hurt them.

The family is truly the only party in this situation that has the right to tale umbrage with this vermin. But at the same time, it is free speech, no matter how vile.

These fracktards would sue you into oblivion. The main members are all attorneys and very litigous. It's how they fund operations.

I ought to donate to these people. They're very good at trolling the supposedly intellectual masses.

Well said!

To everybody else, if you REALLY don't like these people, here's what you do:

1. Don't talk about them, write about them, think about them ext ect.

2. If you should happen to meet them, pay no attention at all to the rhetoric, but be as nice to them as you possibly can, If they are protesting and it's a cold day, go buy them some hot coffee. When they tell you your going to hell with the rest of the f@&&ots, you tell them "Of course but until them have a great day!"

I guarantee they disappear within five years if everyone followed those principals.

Some people and entities need to be fought, but this isn't one of them, they stay alive on people's attention and outrage.

Take away the life support and there gone,

Want to join em? .. we could all chip in for a Greyhound ticket .. :)

Well said!

To everybody else, if you REALLY don't like these people, here's what you do:

1. Don't talk about them, write about them, think about them ext ect.

2. If you should happen to meet them, pay no attention at all to the rhetoric, but be as nice to them as you possibly can, If they are protesting and it's a cold day, go buy them some hot coffee. When they tell you your going to hell with the rest of the f@&&ots, you tell them "Of course but until them have a great day!"

I guarantee they disappear within five years if everyone followed those principals.

Some people and entities need to be fought, but this isn't one of them, they stay alive on people's attention and outrage.

Take away the life support and there gone,

I don't buy this.

These whackjobs would still be here...they stay alive on their own vile and momentum. By passing it off as everyone's else's doing, you let them off the hook.

I do understand the whole "don't give them attention argument - but you just did, by commenting in this thread". Discussion isn't the problem here, these lunatics are.

These people are disgusting morons. Karma...may they rot in hell one day for their campaign of intolerance and filth. Not sure they shouldn't be charged with some sort of hate crimes. And "God hates"? Their message is a little kindergarten at best.

Ignore them?

Remind me how well that worked for the losing side in every African conflict to date, European conflict? Middle East? How about the Khmer Rouge? Pohl Pot?

The issue with ignoring hate is that it almost always finds a fertile ground to breed in. See the US Tea Party, ISIS, Nazi Germany, Italian Fascism.

I think beyond my normal mindset that enough is enough. Burn the compound to the ground, take away the licenses of the 3 family members allowed to practice law and jail or imprison anyone doing this crap for indecency or at the very least offering an indignity to a dead body. Maybe harassment?

Barring that take em all out back and help them meet their maker faster than they deserve.

Archived