The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst Videogame slump you've ever been in?

HC20.0

Ever been mired in a slump on a videogame, where things always go wrong no matter what you end up doing? No matter how hard you tried, you always lost? Post your rage stories here.

Mine goes to NHL 14. Today, I shattered a 14 game losing drought. No matter how hard I tried, I always lost. 11 of those were by one goal. My goaltenders let in soft goal after soft goal, because they were always "Fatigued" after one game.. (Stupid Ultimate Hockey Team...) I'd never had a worse experience on a game before. The really frustraing part was the game would go my way till the last minute/OT. Then all the soft goals would come out. I ended up ditching both my goalies and suddenly my slump was over. Go fig.

I've never critically raged to the point of destroying a game or a device for my console/computer, but I have lost it on NHL every now and then.

Back a long time ago I was extremely competitive on Call Of Duty: World At War because I ended up playing with a clan in which we maintained being top in the world on Xbox 360 servers (Search & Destroy). Although I wouldn't be able to recall a single moment where I raged extremely hard over a single moment (Mainly because I got pissed a lot), I did have a time where I dropped out of the top-50 because of a crappy two days in a row to the point where I threw my controller and unfortunately, jammed my RB button because of it.

I figure it's pretty minor compared to most though. I was a lot more immature back then. Nowadays on NHL (Usually where I get unhappy), I typically just play shootout matches to make me feel better because that's where I do really good in.

I've never critically raged to the point of destroying a game or a device for my console/computer, but I have lost it on NHL every now and then.

Back a long time ago I was extremely competitive on Call Of Duty: World At War because I ended up playing with a clan in which we maintained being top in the world on Xbox 360 servers (Search & Destroy). Although I wouldn't be able to recall a single moment where I raged extremely hard over a single moment (Mainly because I got pissed a lot), I did have a time where I dropped out of the top-50 because of a crappy two days in a row to the point where I threw my controller and unfortunately, jammed my RB button because of it.

I figure it's pretty minor compared to most though. I was a lot more immature back then. Nowadays on NHL (Usually where I get unhappy), I typically just play shootout matches to make me feel better because that's where I do really good in.

GFY has had many angry moments never getting past round 1

I get frustrated when games are cheap/unfair.

NHL12/13/14 are perfect examples of that. I used to play hockey ultimate team a lot. I know how you feel when it comes to goalies always letting in soft goals. Even with a non-fatigued goalie with a rating around 90, he'd still almost always let in a weak goal near the end of a game. Meanwhile the opponent's goalie ,even if his rating was a 50, would simply be unbeatable.

I get frustrated when games are cheap/unfair.

NHL12/13/14 are perfect examples of that. I used to play hockey ultimate team a lot. I know how you feel when it comes to goalies always letting in soft goals. Even with a non-fatigued goalie with a rating around 90, he'd still almost always let in a weak goal near the end of a game. Meanwhile the opponent's goalie ,even if his rating was a 50, would simply be unbeatable.

NHL14 HUT IS BS.

Icetilt rules that mode.

NHL 14 was the worst for me, I almost smashed my 360 because of that crappy game. I got rid of it now and it felt so good not having it anymore.

The amount of penalties I received per game was appalling. I would get a charging call all the time meanwhile my opponent got nothing for the same hit done 3 min later. I one time had to kill 5 penalties back to back to back to back to back. If NHL 15 is the same BS as NHL 14 then I think I just might be done with the series and I'll just play the older versions instead.

Years ago I was playing Resident Evil three Nemisis. I played the game for hours/days and loved it...until I got to a boss battle with the "Nemisis" a hulking brute monster that had a rocket launcher/gattling cannon or such on his shoulder (if you are a fan of the movies, he is in number two). I kept dying and it was so hard I thought it was the final battle so quit. A couple years later on a jobsite I noticed someone wearing a res evil 3 shirt (this is before the movies btw). I asked him about this battle and found out I was only about 1/2 to 2/3 through the game. I went home pissed at myself that day, and beat the boss the second try and finished the game.

Mario Kart 8 - The blue shell is so annoying... But not going to lie when I'm in 2nd the blue shell is a lovely thing to see. The random lightning attacks also annoy me. But it's my own fault for playing frantic mode xD

MW2 - This game made my blood boil really bad. Running 7/11/25 as kill streaks and dying 1 kill before the Chopper Gunner by the bullish** model 1887's...... now that's rage.

I;m trying to finish the Thieves Guild quests in Skyrim and do not have the patience to sneak past all of the Falmer during the NIghtingale Bow mission.

Lol I know how you feel. In The Last of Us I hated the stealth parts and always liked the challenge of run and gunning and shooting every zombie I ever saw. I never really struggled doing this, but the stealth aspect was annoying for me. Thankfully there was two ways to play.

Other than Assassin's Creed I really hate stealth games. Fallout/Skyrim I just had to let everyone know who was coming.

NHL 14 whenever I got into division 1. I literally couldn't do anything in that division until last week when I went 8-1-1.

I hear ya man. I dominated every division beforehand and had an amazing record. As soon as I hit division 1... All hell broke loose.

It's funny, I've never really raged at a video game. Getting frustrated just made me want to complete it more and more, with maybe the exception of DOTA 2. Playing with Russians and Brazilians are the absolute worst, but even then I just ignore them and play a more RPG style of game ;)

Biggest slump though was going through SP of CoD;WaW on the second to last level. Playing through it on Veteran took me about 2 1/2 weeks, and anyone who's beaten the game on veteran knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about with the stupid ridiculous grenade spam and unlimited spawning enemies

Archived