The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL15 PS3 - Sim League - CDCSIM (11 teams left)

Tangelos

CDC SIM CONNECTED 2.0

********************************************PLEASE READ********************************************

I am eager to get back into some fantasy hockey and wanted to see what the market is for people planning on buying NHL 15 on the current gen PS3. I am not satisfied with EA's updates from NHL 14 to 15 so I see no point in forking out $400 for the PS4 at the moment.

Obviously this league depends on the market of PS3 NHL 15 gamers so consider this a beta test. If there are at least say 20 GM's by mid September then we might have a legit league. Otherwise, this league will be disbanded to oblivion.

Before it can be an official league I need a co-Commisionner and 2 to 3 Board of Governors for trade approvals:

Co-Commish (evening sim): CDC: Tangelos, PSN: DJtrippleA
Co-Commish (morning/early afternoon sim): ???
Governor 1:
Governor 2:
Governor 3:

This is a sim only league.

Be as close to a regular NHL GM as you can. The core of us have stuck together for the entire NHL 13 campaign simming over 23 seasons. We have many dedicated, loyal and honest players and are looking forward to an even more successful campaign with EA fixing some of the bugs from NHL 13.

We are only looking for serious long term GMs who won't just blow up their team and quit. For trade negotiations we use CDC's PM feature and many of us use Skype for instant live messaging.

small.png - CDC: Shiznak
small.png - CDC: kesler#17
small.png - CDC: pinoycanuck604
small.png- CDC: Pure GM, PSN: GMnation, Skype: PureGM
small.png
small.png - CDC: Drouin
small.png
small.png
small.png- CDC: awalk
small.png - CDC: Wendyrw, PSN: Austrian_T
small.png - CDC: darkcloud99, PSN: darkcloud-1987, Skype: andrew.policelli1
small.png- CDC: n00bxQB
small.png - CDC: shortybronx
small.png
small.png - CDC: Tangelos, PSN: DJtrippleA, Skype: thatmotherpucker
small.png
small.png - CDC: DollarAndADream
small.png
small.png
small.png
small.png
small.png-CDC: HowYaDrouin
small.png- CDC: Honeydews, PSN: Xpl03ive-
small.png-CDC: ashlynnbrookefan
small.png - CDC: Sergei Bobrovsky
small.png
small.png
small.png - CDC: vv2, PSN: BoninoIsBeast
small.png - CDC: Cowfun, PSN: cowfun87, Skype: cowfunh71
small.png - PSN: THE_OWTLAWZ

Season Schedule:

Every season will be 17 days in duration. 2 weeks of a month will be simmed in the morning and 2 weeks in the evening.

Day 1 October
Day 2 November
Day 3 December
Day 4 January
Day 5 Trade Deadline
Day 6 Day off for Trading
Day 7 End of Regular Season
Day 8 Conference Quarter-finals
Day 9 Conference Semi-finals
Day 10 Conference Finals
Day 11 Stanley Cup Finals
Day 12 Draft
Day 13 Resigning
Day 14 Resigning
Day 15 Resigning
Day 16 UFA
Day 17 UFA

RULES:

Rules are subject to change and have been carried forward from NHL 13, until we see what changes EA has made to the GMC Connected platform.

Waivers are off (because EA sucks) and injuries are on (for realism)

1. Draft picks being traded must not be later than 2 years from the current year of simulation. for example, if we are in the 2015-2016 season, you cannot trade draft picks from the year 2018 and above. Only 2016 and 2017 draft picks can be traded.

2. During the free agency period, players must be signed to the term that they are asking. This is to avoid 1-yr 15M dollar type deals with the goal of signing them for cheap the following season. If you have money to spend that's fine but you must offer them the term they are asking.

3. After the free agency period (i.e start of the season) the remaining players from free agency can be signed to any term.

4. No renting players (players being returned after the season is over to the original team via trade

5.) If you are GM'ing two teams, you aren't allowed to trade between your teams

7.) Players in free agency that are asking for 2-way contracts must be given 2-way contracts (again this is to avoid 1-yr 15M dollar deals for a 4.5 star prospect)

8.) No trading with CPU teams

9) Must be active during re-sign phase or you will be booted

10) Trades must be submitted via PM and must include the two teams involved in the trade as well as at least 2 board of governors/commissioners for approval.

Trade format:

(for player): Player Name, position, term, cap hit
(for draft pick): Year, round
for

Player Name, position, term, cap hit
(for draft pick): Year, round

Most of what is written above was from our previous SIM league from NHL 13/14.

ill do it, but I don't really know what happens, do I have to play often and do I have to get the game early?

And if I do join, save me Tampa Bay. PSN: kruizer28

It's a sim league so no. This league is pretty much for those who want to see if they can build the best team possible according to EA's sim engine as well as for those with little time on their hands. Another good thing about sim leagues is that you actually get to see your prospects get good so they actually have trade value (we got past year 10 in NHL 13).

Obviously we ask that you're active during the re-sign phase. And it would be beneficial to everyone if you checked your PMs every now and then for potential trade offers

It's a sim league so no. This league is pretty much for those who want to see if they can build the best team possible according to EA's sim engine as well as for those with little time on their hands. Another good thing about sim leagues is that you actually get to see your prospects get good so they actually have trade value (we got past year 10 in NHL 13).

Obviously we ask that you're active during the re-sign phase. And it would be beneficial to everyone if you checked your PMs every now and then for potential trade offers

I dont know when ill get the game, but im hoping early, ill take Tampa. PSN: kruizer28

ill do it, but I don't really know what happens, do I have to play often and do I have to get the game early?

And if I do join, save me Tampa Bay. PSN: kruizer28

The plan is to do 2 simulations of 2 weeks a day so that everyone can edit their lines if there are injuries. Also when you make trades in gm connected you have to wait until the simulation before those players switch teams so we try to have as many sims as possible. Basically there's a set schedule that works very well and an entire season including the playoffs and offseason takes just over 2 weeks. It's a lot faster than a play league.

The plan is to do 2 simulations of 2 weeks a day so that everyone can edit their lines if there are injuries. Also when you make trades in gm connected you have to wait until the simulation before those players switch teams so we try to have as many sims as possible. Basically there's a set schedule that works very well and an entire season including the playoffs and offseason takes just over 2 weeks. It's a lot faster than a play league.

k thanks

I need psn names for those who haven't provided it yet.

If we can average 1 person a day til sept 9th we might have something! Tell your friends.

If anyone wants to volunteer as a governor or co-commish it would be very helpful as I just got an internship and will be likely workin some crazy hours.

Archived