The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

That was definitely an extremely tight final... but unfortunately, only one can emerge victorious.

Final Results

After placing 7th place last season, this GM led their team to a much improved Bronze Place Finish.

--- Congrats @Scottish⑦Canuck!!!

Entering the season from the sewer, after placing dead last, this GM has led their team to a stunning Silver Place Finish.

--- Congrats @Madness!!!

With the odds ever so much in his favour, the #1 seed in this year's playoffs proved that his dominance throughout the entire regular season was no fluke. After just barely missing the podium last year in 4th place, his team rose to the occasion this postseason and made this GM super duper proud.  Here is your CDCYHL Season 2 Champion........

--- @Master Mind!!!!! Congrats on your win!

There you have it, folks. Another season gone by. Thanks to everyone for their participation this year.

I am looking forward to next season when we can battle it out again.

I might as well give you guys a head start and remind you that the keeper rules are in the OP.

Everyone must have 8 keepers only... Look under Season 1 or 2 ---> League Settings ---> Scroll to the bottom.

Feel free to shoot me a PM about your keepers any time between now and the beginning of next season.

As a prize for winning Season 2 of CDCYHL, @Master Mind is rewarded with an extra keeper for next season!

Thanks again to everyone for their time and effort. I hope you all had an enjoyable time.

Cheers to Season 2... and hopefully I'll see you all next season! Peace out :)

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for everything @kj29

Twas a fun season everyone, hope to see you all again next year.

My keeper list:

Steven Stamkos

Connor McDavid

Ryan Johansen

Zach Parise

Nikita Kucherov

PK Subban

Brent Burns

Mark Giordano

Pekka Rinne

Glad I get to keep 9, not sure who I'd drop otherwise :P

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the inactivity lately. But I'm back now.

NHL season starts on October 12. I was thinking either October 2nd or October 9th... both are Sundays.

Time would probably be around 4pm PT.

I'll PM each of the 10 GMs individually and see who is in and who is out. I will also be asking for keepers thereafter.

The keeper rules are posted in the OP. Thanks a lot! :)

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, kj29 said:

Sorry for the inactivity lately. But I'm back now.

NHL season starts on October 12. I was thinking either October 2nd or October 9th... both are Sundays.

Time would probably be around 4pm PT.

I'll PM each of the 10 GMs individually and see who is in and who is out. I will also be asking for keepers thereafter.

The keeper rules are posted in the OP. Thanks a lot! :)

Either day is good with me.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Are we doing this or what. Id hate to see a 3 year keeper league fold. Does someone want to create a new one with our keepers inserted?

Guessing it's not happening today...

And next weekend is Thanksgiving which likely won't work for a lot of people.

I don't want to see it fold either. Hopefully KJ shows up soon. Either that or like you said someone does a draft. Not sure I'd have the time to, but suppose I could as a last resort.

17 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Guessing it's not happening today...

And next weekend is Thanksgiving which likely won't work for a lot of people.

I don't want to see it fold either. Hopefully KJ shows up soon. Either that or like you said someone does a draft. Not sure I'd have the time to, but suppose I could as a last resort.

If he doesn't get back at us by Wednesday I'll try to throw one togather for Friday.  Sucks because I've turned down other leagues because I was invested in this keeper. 

Edited by Gooseberries
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone. I'm still alive lol. Don't worry, I was just recruiting the last 2 GMs and helping get their teams all set up. Welcome Beary Sweet and Blue Jay!

I just finished manually assigning the keepers into the draft (I don't think you guys can see that yet). I'm just waiting for Nail's keepers at this moment.

Draft will be on Sunday, October 9 @ 5:00 PT. I hope everyone can make it. I am extremely looking forward to the draft this year.

Thanks everyone for your much-appreciated cooperation :)

@Master Mind @Madness @Scottish⑦Canuck @Drouin @Nail @Gooseberries @Beary Sweet @Blue Jay 22 @Bombastik der Teutone

• Upvote 4