The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Woah there @Beary Sweet, how bout you slow it down a little? No one likes to see a blowout in the finals. :P

I'm trying to slow down haha but it's still going to be a close battle right until the very end. I think Gibson would've helped you edge me out. He's been lights out in his 1st couple starts back from injury. Kind of wondering why you dropped him:huh: I believe you're still in it. My players could somehow go in a slump and I have Ratchand out due to his spearing antics so maybe this is your chance to make up some ground

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm trying to slow down haha but it's still going to be a close battle right until the very end. I think Gibson would've helped you edge me out. He's been lights out in his 1st couple starts back from injury. Kind of wondering why you dropped him:huh: I believe you're still in it. My players could somehow go in a slump and I have Ratchand out due to his spearing antics so maybe this is your chance to make up some ground

Having Gibson right now would be nice, but I think I dropped him due to having Dubnyk, Rinne, and Anderson on the team. Can only have 1 IR spot and I decided to use it on Quick who was available when Gibson got injured.

The rat being suspended helps, but he got you a ton of PIMS in the process. Hopefully I can at least make it a close series.

41 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Looks like you won @Beary Sweet, congrats!

How fitting though for me to lose the final in a tiebreaker, after winning last year's in a tiebreaker.

Let us know when you need that keeper list @kj29.

Thanks @Master Mind! I didn't adjust my lineup in the last few days so not sure whether I would've been able to win the championship. That being said, that was a great battle and it was good back and forth tussle all year long. Wish you all the best next season!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

The core just can't get over the semi final hump?

Losing to a tie isn't great, but I'd take it over being blown out 9-0.

My team is decidedly average outwith Crosby and Holtby so I think inactivity is the biggest factor.

I need to draft smart next year for sure :lol:

• 4 months later...

Thanks @kj29 for running this amazing league and to everyone who were active and rest of the teams for making it awesome to be a part of! It was a fantastic 1st season. After this stacked team that I took over and ended up winning again I'm assuming, I'm open to mixing things up and making moves. Seabrook, Toews, Carter and more are available for the right price. Hmu if you're interested

Edited by Beary Sweet

24 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Thanks @kj29 for running this amazing league and to everyone who were active and rest of the teams for making it awesome to be a part of! It was a fantastic 1st season. After this stacked team that I took over and ended up winning again I'm assuming, I'm open to mixing things up and making moves. Seabrook, Toews, Carter and more are available for the right price. Hmu if you're interested

It was a good team indeed, but not a repeat winner. You prevented me from that title :(