The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 4:15 AM, kj29 said:

Can @73 Percent stop him and make a comeback?

Hopefully not!

Last day @73 Percent, you're up by 1 goal, 2 assists. PPP are tied, I'm leading shots by 4 and wins by 2.

I appreciate you picking up another sloppy second of mine in Luongo. If you take shots, and Lu gets you a shutout for the win, I won't be too mad, as this could be his final game.

If that bum Murray gets a shutout though...

@73 Percent has been awfully quiet, perhaps wallowing in tears? His sloppy seconds prevented him from glory, giving way to the league's first ever 2x champ ;)

It was a close series though, closer than the 5-1 end result would lead you to believe. Despite being near the bottom in sv% and gaa all year, my goalies came up huge, thanks to Binnington and Mrazek. The keepers all did well, especially Draisaitl, who I'm very glad I decided to keep over Kuznetsov.

My former players in Stamkos and Murray fared pretty well, but it wasn't enough to keep Avery from getting his cup.

6f01b99e7c196ad357d8695339b4e7f2.jpg

Was a fun season, and looking forward to next year as always.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

@73 Percent has been awfully quiet, perhaps wallowing in tears? His sloppy seconds prevented him from glory, giving way to the league's first ever 2x champ ;)

It was a close series though, closer than the 5-1 end result would lead you to believe. Despite being near the bottom in sv% and gaa all year, my goalies came up huge, thanks to Binnington and Mrazek. The keepers all did well, especially Draisaitl, who I'm very glad I decided to keep over Kuznetsov.

My former players in Stamkos and Murray fared pretty well, but it wasn't enough to keep Avery from getting his cup.

6f01b99e7c196ad357d8695339b4e7f2.jpg

Was a fun season, and looking forward to next year as always.

It's true. Ive been rueing the day that i hoped to cross the great mastermind (commonly known as brandon) in the finals. No need to discount your 5-1 blowout of my scrubs. You spanked me like only your Mom knows how. I can sit here and make false promises to never lose to you again, but I'll take the high road and admit defeat. I just dont know how to break it to my son that his daddy is a loser. I think I'll just file for his name to be changed to Brandon.

Enjoy the offseason boys! Hope yo see you back next year!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think I’ll make it a tradition and have a new (and obscure) Seinfeld related name every year.

Jack Klompus’ Pens

Jamie Benn - Mark Schiefele - Blake Wheeler

Artemi Panarin - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Mikko Rantanen

Dustin Byfuglien

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Notable drops: Brock Boeser, Ryan O’Reilly,  and Jacob Trouba.

I hope someone appreciates that clever Pun in my team name, made me laugh.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Gonna have a tough time deciding my final roster, but so far:

Leon Draisaitl - Connor McDavid - Nikita Kucherov

Johnny Gaudreau

Brent Burns - Morgan Rielly

Jordan Binnington

Two of: Max Domi, Filip Forsberg, PK Subban, Rasmus Dahlin

I know what 2 I'd be keeping.

11 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I know what 2 I'd be keeping.

I feel like a lot hinges on if the Preds make more blockbusters after their disappointing finish.

You should post your keepers. I know they're mostly scrubs, but I'd be curious to see which unfortunate souls are stuck with you for another year :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

I feel like a lot hinges on if the Preds make more blockbusters after their disappointing finish.

You should post your keepers. I know they're mostly scrubs, but I'd be curious to see which unfortunate souls are stuck with you for another year :lol:

The usual 8. Plus your mother makes 9.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Going to post my keepers here now while I remember. 8 total? Not easy. There are a few guys I'd ideally want to keep that I'm having to drop. Very forward heavy. Was tempted to drop Laine but that's too big a risk. 

Pettersson

Barzal

Crosby

Laine

Pastrnak

Lindholm

Carlson

Holtby

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Going to post my keepers here now while I remember. 8 total? Not easy. There are a few guys I'd ideally want to keep that I'm having to drop. Very forward heavy. Was tempted to drop Laine but that's too big a risk. 

Pettersson

Barzal

Crosby

Laine

Pastrnak

Lindholm

Carlson

Holtby

Still surprised your team struggled as much as it did considering the talent being dropped.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:41 PM, Master Mind said:

Still surprised your team struggled as much as it did considering the talent being dropped.

Yeah, there was a 6 week or so period where I was pretty inactive due to a combination or work, vacation and a death in the family. 

By the time I was checking again I was pretty much out of it. Just kept my lineup active after that, for the most part. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, kj29 said:

5bada5a656d9d_CDCYHLBanner.thumb.png.26ed315da4213b3e14f73bee22683d2f.png

Welcome to Season 6 of CDCYHL!!!

Can't believe that this is our sixth season! Had to update the OP with more spoilers to include this year and the years ahead! :)

The draft will be held on Sunday, September 29th @ 4:00pm. It will take approximately 20 minutes.

(Can everyone make it? I think Sundays should be good for most people, similar to last year's draft.)

If you have any questions about anything (or want to talk smack about each other's teams), please feel free to post in the thread whenever! #FreeSpeech

Without further ado, let the games begin!! Post your keepers anytime in the next 2 weeks – it's hockey season baby B)

@Master Mind @Art Vandelay @Scottish⑦Canuck @73 Percent @Bombastik der Teutone @Drouin @MikeyBoy44 @iFinnster @Dexbae

Thanks fo putting this on every year KJ. You're an alright dude. Not like that Master Mind clown...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1