The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

58 minutes ago, Jaku said:

I've tried to convince myself to like my d-corps. I just can't bring myself to liking Pulock as D3 and now with Faulk landing in St Louis Parayko is likely playing against higher quality of competition/harder minutes.

To think... OEL as a D3.... <_<

Know what's even better than OEL as a D3?

OEL as a D5  :bigblush:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaku said:

I've tried to convince myself to like my d-corps. I just can't bring myself to liking Pulock as D3 and now with Faulk landing in St Louis Parayko is likely playing against higher quality of competition/harder minutes.

To think... OEL as a D3.... <_<

I wouldn’t worry about it.

I posted a long explanation last year as to why defence in this league is pretty irrelevant. Long story short, the difference between the 25th and 125th best defencemen is negligible if you actively pick up guys who are hot, or in a bigger role due to injuries.

Other than Byfuglien, I’ve had pretty terrible D the last two years; but led the league in overall scoring in one of those years and 2nd in the other. 

Art has a point, but a big factor is just being active in general. Look at the core Sedinery took over. Stacked team but the GM never made moves, and the team often missed playoffs/early exit.

If you set lines each week and make occasional claims, you'll be alright.

Still feel free to trade with me though ;)

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Art has a point, but a big factor is just being active in general. Look at the core Sedinery took over. Stacked team but the GM never made moves, and the team often missed playoffs/early exit.

If I am anything it is active. 

You'll be getting a phone call from me ;)

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Breaking News: MM finally discloses his secret winning strategy. Now the trophy is up for grabs.

Case in point – set your lines!!! :towel:

giphy.gif

• Huggy Bear 2