The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

44 minutes ago, canuck204 said:

I agree. BUTTTT I have to deal with her to some degree for the next 4 years whether I like it or not. It would probably cause a ton of drama/stress that could probably be avoided if I just leave it alone and comply for now. 

Haven't decided yet. You shouldn't stay with someone because of a dog or a condo but she expects to do whatever she wants and have everyone accomadate her. I'll most likely just take it day by day and if she starts giving me a hard time about anything I'll just deal with it then. Ugh lol.

I think you should ask the dog if it wants to see her on the weekend. Let the dog decide.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Bizarre said:

I think you should ask the dog if it wants to see her on the weekend. Let the dog decide.

I know right? It's like a child. She probably does enjoy it more out there seeing how it's at a cabin in the bush at a lake, compared to in the city with me. I walk her and take her to dog parks but if a dog had to pick... lol....

Regardless of that I just don't think my ex deserves to see the dog. She made her decision to stay out there and that was her choice not mine. Just sucks that my dog could potentially lose one of its owners. They know who their owners are. 

ugh.

On 2016-12-02 at 10:20 AM, canuck204 said:

I know right? It's like a child. She probably does enjoy it more out there seeing how it's at a cabin in the bush at a lake, compared to in the city with me. I walk her and take her to dog parks but if a dog had to pick... lol....

Regardless of that I just don't think my ex deserves to see the dog. She made her decision to stay out there and that was her choice not mine. Just sucks that my dog could potentially lose one of its owners. They know who their owners are. 

ugh.

I knew a couple with a dog who got a divorce. I felt sorry for the dog.

I wonder how many of my married contemporaries will end up divorcing once their kids grow up.

Update: 

I think I have a solution... 

I am going to the bank to look at getting a loan to pay her off. As I said before she put the down payment on the condo and I made the higher income so that is how we justified that. Knowing that we(she) would lose her down payment if we had to sell early I decided to help her out and keep it. It wasn't a totally selfish gesture as I am accumulating equity in the condo and when the term is up I am going to make a good amount of money. 

I am going to offer her a cheque of what she put down on the place, and she will have to agree to sign herself out of the mortgage.

The alternative will be to straight up sell. I was not aware that if one party wants to sell and the other doesn't, that the sale has to happen(weird, but good for me).

My assumption is that she will take the cash, as who the hell wouldn't. 

Once I get that sorted out I am sure I will feel a lot better about things and I can address the dog on a day to day basis. I would no longer have to worry about repercussion of keeping the dog if she was being difficult, bitchy, or just unreasonable in general about anything.

Ultimately I know my dog would like to see us both, but at that point it would depend on how my ex behaves. If shes rude and hard to deal with than I will have to leave her in the dust but ideally we can manage the dog and I could probably live with that. Part of me would feel guilty just taking the dog away with at least setting a plan in place and trying it out first...

So wish me luck, I am hoping to have this condo business dealt with soon...

Ugh. lol

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Man, relationships are such a pain in the ass

Amen brotha. This has seriously made me reconsider my life plan. You think 8 years is long enough, to put all the eggs into one basket at poof. 

I am probably going to be that stereotypical guy who is scared to commit going forward, lol. 

#drugs

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, canuck204 said:

Amen brotha. This has seriously made me reconsider my life plan. You think 8 years is long enough, to put all the eggs into one basket at poof. 

I am probably going to be that stereotypical guy who is scared to commit going forward, lol. 

#drugs

What's weird is that today is actually my five year anniversary (woot!) and I've noticed that the longer we've been together the more I fear commitment,  etc. I think it's because over time to develop a more realistic picture of who you are, who your mate is, etc.

The longer we're together the less I want to get married (but I also don't want to leave). It's ok to have a healthy suspicion of commitment I think. It means you're being realistic imo.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, canuck204 said:

#drugs

Hang in there man, time does heal. If it takes you a while to trust again, so be it. You'll commit again when you meet the right girl

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

To any of you following my job app/interview saga...found out today I got the job! I get to do something science related again! 

thats great..see all that worry for nothing...you aced it..congrats

soon as you said they were phoning your references I knew you were in the running

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1
On 12/5/2016 at 10:42 AM, canuck204 said:

#drugs

lol, try 20 and then realizing this.. you're ahead of the game, my friend