The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not all that great at meeting people or making friends as an adult, it's hard to find the time to do that sort of thing too.

Seriously! How do adults make friends? I moved around a lot as a kid/teen so I don't have any long-lasting friendships from that time period. I didn't make any close friends in college either. Now as an adult working 40 hours a week I just don't have the time! If it weren't for CDC and my boyfriend's friends I'm not sure I have any contact with the outside world at all.

On 2017-08-13 at 7:37 PM, Cramarossa said:

Seriously! How do adults make friends? I moved around a lot as a kid/teen so I don't have any long-lasting friendships from that time period. I didn't make any close friends in college either. Now as an adult working 40 hours a week I just don't have the time! If it weren't for CDC and my boyfriend's friends I'm not sure I have any contact with the outside world at all.

Haha, right? I work full time and there's the hobby stuff/family/adult stuff I've gotta do and it's like how do I people? A lot of my friends have moved away and I'm getting kinda isolated so it's very much a legitimate thing. I usually meet friends through friends or meet people through work but that's kinda tapped itself out.

I might try hiking groups on FB or something? Idk?

I feel a case of seasonal depression will be heading my way once the summer stops.  I was really looking forward to this cabin trip that I had planned since April but had to cancel due to the wildfires.  So everyday I have been trying to make the most of summer by going down to the beach and playing guitar and singing.  Now when it starts to get cold I'll have nowhere to practice my singing.  I know at this point in my life I'll never be a musician but it's a nice escape to play music. 

• Upvote 1
On 2017-08-17 at 2:54 PM, Tre Mac said:

I feel a case of seasonal depression will be heading my way once the summer stops.  I was really looking forward to this cabin trip that I had planned since April but had to cancel due to the wildfires.  So everyday I have been trying to make the most of summer by going down to the beach and playing guitar and singing.  Now when it starts to get cold I'll have nowhere to practice my singing.  I know at this point in my life I'll never be a musician but it's a nice escape to play music. 

Put a scarf on and play in front of the liq man!

Edited by riffraff

I proofread, correct, re-word and re-proofread every email I send at work. I know I put way too much time into it , but it still bugs me every time I get a typo-ridden run-on sentence back as a reply.

Confession #2: I proofread, corrected, and re-worded this post and I will proofread it again before I post it.

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I have always been intrigued/interested in Psylocke's avatar pictures. They're always mysterious, yet fun. I would like to get to know her but I don't want to seem like a creeper (which I am not). Any ideas on how I should do it? Maybe she doesn't read this so it is not awkward hahaha ;)

That's what the DM feature is for.

Everyone I find really interesting on here I follow...seems like following isn't too big on this site so folks usually take notice when I do. It tends to start conversation ("hey, thanks for following me!", etc.).