The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, diesel_3 said:

I don't think I could come back a 2nd time, i'm my own worst critic, I constantly believe what I am doing isn't correct and i've already failed the assignment in my own mind before I even start it.

It all comes down to study habits for me, I will googe 'How to write an argumentative essay' just to get some ideas, but I still draw a blank on how to start my essay. I have a topic, I have an outline (sort of) I even have a member on the forums here to help proofread, I just keep thinking what I am doing isn't 'right'

It's easier said than done, but try not to be so hard on yourself: You signed up for school, you've been putting in the effort, you're looking up ways to improve and you're on here talking about it. You've done a lot of the hard stuff already, be proud of that. 

Just now, Incursio said:

It's easier said than done, but try not to be so hard on yourself: You signed up for school, you've been putting in the effort, you're looking up ways to improve and you're on here talking about it. You've done a lot of the hard stuff already, be proud of that. 

Hahaha thank you.

I just signed up for some online tutoring thing, too...I get 30 minutes free! Wooooooo!

19 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Seriously, @diesel_3, keep your head up! We are all rooting for you. 

17 hours ago, c00kies said:

I'll say guys have it easier now. Getting a number was really personal back then because it was only really for chatting. Snapchat is a fun app that can be casual, so asking for that after hanging around girls is pretty easy. It can all build up from that point on and I'm jealous I didn't have that back in high school. However, I did meet my ex (didn't know each other) at a party and we got each other's snapchats, then the chemistry was built from there, despite rarely seeing each other. I only got her number when we were going out. I'm still friends with her because she is awesome and the breakup was more due to her not being ready than to a compatibility issue.

Not gonna lie, I’m nervous where it goes from here. I’ve never really been successful in asking girls out and the closest I’ve ever got to something romantic was being kissed on the cheek in a school play.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

Not gonna lie, I’m nervous where it goes from here. I’ve never really been successful in asking girls out and the closest I’ve ever got to something romantic was being kissed on the cheek in a school play.

It should just come natural.

Just be YOU! Trust me...I'm ugly as sin but have done great for myself by being out going and real. If you are looking for fun, that's easy to find, if you are looking for something meaningful then nothing should be forced and if you click you click.

Get to know them, be genuinely interested in them, if you aren't...then obviously there is no point in going further.

/randomramblingconfessionsadvice

• Upvote 4
5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

There was a time, a sweet sweet time, I had a similar hair color as well, maybe a little more manly purple.  But blonde with blue tips was my favorite.  I had such sweet hair back in the day, I remember all the girls would rub their hands through it, definitely my best feature.  Ah the glory days, too bad my hair aint what it used to be but no bald spots yet! *Knocks on wood

I've done violet before :)

No bald spots means you can still dye it now! ;) 

On 10/18/2017 at 0:36 PM, diesel_3 said:

It should just come natural.

Just be YOU! Trust me...I'm ugly as sin but have done great for myself by being out going and real. If you are looking for fun, that's easy to find, if you are looking for something meaningful then nothing should be forced and if you click you click.

Get to know them, be genuinely interested in them, if you aren't...then obviously there is no point in going further.

/randomramblingconfessionsadvice

Totally can't stress that enough, be yourself and be interested in them.

I have a C grade in the one class I'm taking and I'm alright with it. 

I dropped out of school in grade 10, so taking a college course and doing alright in it is a good feeling.