The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, brilac said:

That sucks and unfortunate.  I work a lot, and will feel guilty if I am too sick to come to work or if I want to take some time off, and will pretty much have a heart attack if something does not get done when I am not there or in a timely manner.  I was really sick yesterday and really needed to rest, and came to work today still sick thinking I need to be there.  I guess in a Brilac world everything means right now / let's get this done right now / if we have time to spare, then we have time to get it done. 

I hate taking sick days too.  Probably have close to 100 banked, and yet when I had ACL surgery only took 2 weeks off.  No more staples in the leg, no need for prescription pain meds...good to go!

Confession #722

My anxiety is hitting me extra hard today. We have a new bakery manager and I'm someone who really does not like change.

It doesn't help that she hasn't even introduced herself to me yet, and i have probably the most responsibilities of everyone else, so I'm like, okay as far as I'm concerned idk who the **** you are. Youd think a manager who meets their coworkers for the first time would introduce themselves. Not a fan. I want my old manager back .__.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm never sure how much I should share or how much I'm willing or comfortable sharing when it comes to talking about myself, my life and my thoughts and perceptions. Whether it's in person, online or through text and writing. As a result I generally don't get all that personal and am admittedly reluctant to be open.

I'm personable and easy to get along with but sometimes I think it odd that even the people I see most consistently (those at work, family, friends) won't get much from me in terms of deeper communication. I'm not incapable, it just doesn't happen much and I'm not the sort to put myself out there. But all this seems like a rather common thing to me?

I confess -

I bought kitty a tall cat tree/scratching post.  It is 6 feet 3 inches.  I hope she likes it, and I hope it kind of blends in with my decor at my new place consisting of grey and red mixed in with wood.  I am sacrificing design for a cat tree, oh my.  And I am a total cat person, and have liked them since I was 3.  They are the neatest creatures! 

what words of songs, best describe who you are or how you think about life?

i've had two. on loving my wife, " i don't know much, but i know that i love you, 

and that might be, all i really need to know."

and from my serving and helping people years, " the road is long, with many a winding turn. while we're on our way to there, why not share? he ain't heavy, he's my brother"

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
On 2017-11-18 at 3:27 PM, Coconuts said:

I'm never sure how much I should share or how much I'm willing or comfortable sharing when it comes to talking about myself, my life and my thoughts and perceptions. Whether it's in person, online or through text and writing. As a result I generally don't get all that personal and am admittedly reluctant to be open.

I'm personable and easy to get along with but sometimes I think it odd that even the people I see most consistently (those at work, family, friends) won't get much from me in terms of deeper communication. I'm not incapable, it just doesn't happen much and I'm not the sort to put myself out there. But all this seems like a rather common thing to me?

Yes.

so I hear.

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess -

I bought kitty a tall cat tree/scratching post.  It is 6 feet 3 inches.  I hope she likes it, and I hope it kind of blends in with my decor at my new place consisting of grey and red mixed in with wood.  I am sacrificing design for a cat tree, oh my.  And I am a total cat person, and have liked them since I was 3.  They are the neatest creatures! 

I am not a cat person.

however I do house and feed four stray cats.

I am allergic to most cats especially ones that eat bad food it seems.  Their cat dust is worse it.

i just like animals. 

There is a cat that hat hangs around my job site and I can't help but give it pats and rubs.  But I had to rinse my eyes with water yesterday after.

yeah.  Cats.

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

what words of songs, best describe who you are or how you think about life?

i've had two. on loving my wife, " i don't know much, but i know that i love you, 

and that might be, all i really need to know."

and from my serving and helping people years, " the road is long, with many a winding turn. while we're on our way to there, why not share? he ain't heavy, he's my brother"

Interesting timing reading your post, Joe!  I just posted them as a status update

I've been in my mind,
It's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
For a heart of gold

Neil Young - Heart of Gold

I read the first line as I have had a heart of gold

Second lines says other times I am not so sure

So I am still searching

Searching within myself and others  :) 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Interesting timing reading your post, Joe!  I just posted them as a status update

I've been in my mind,
It's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
For a heart of gold

Neil Young - Heart of Gold

I read the first line as I have had a heart of gold

Second lines says other times I am not so sure

So I am still searching

Searching within myself and others  :) 

Obviously this song gets hella air time ........but with good reason.

fyi

Neil Young is releasing a new album and then, apparently, will open his entire discography online, for free.

i already have many albums and admittedly there is some questionable filler in such a history but nevertheless some amazing tunes that have never reached radio.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Obviously this song gets hella air time ........but with good reason.

fyi

Neil Young is releasing a new album and then, apparently, will open his entire discography online, for free.

i already have many albums and admittedly there is some questionable filler in such a history but nevertheless some amazing tunes that have never reached radio.

last weekend I went way out of my comfort zone to watch some live music

I would say it is outside my comfort zone because it was more folk music

The group covered 'Long may you run'. It was pretty good.

Might be worth my while to check out his discography when he releases it.

Edited by Shift-4

I got into a fight with best friend on Saturday and she blocked me on snapchat and blocked my number. 

We took the same bus from university yesterday, and she was 5 feet away from me and didn't acknowledge me (even when we were waiting for the bus). 

I wish I could say it didn't kill me, but by god did that sting.

I gave her time and space, but next week if I see her I'm going to try to talk to her because this is actually eating me up alive.

It is very exhausting to me to constantly see blonde white women held up as the standard of beauty, even within my own community. I am tired of watching tv and not seeing any characters that look like me, or seeing the ones that do portraying negative stereotypes. I am tired of the word "ghetto" being used as a euphemism for "black". I am fed up with institutionalized racism and the school to prison pipeline. I am sick of having my opinions on these matters overlooked because they affect me directly, and therefore am prejudged to not be objective.

I am just so tired, demoralized, and beaten down. I give up.

10 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

It is very exhausting to me to constantly see blonde white women held up as the standard of beauty, even within my own community. I am tired of watching tv and not seeing any characters that look like me, or seeing the ones that do portraying negative stereotypes. I am tired of the word "ghetto" being used as a euphemism for "black". I am fed up with institutionalized racism and the school to prison pipeline. I am sick of having my opinions on these matters overlooked because they affect me directly, and therefore am prejudged to not be objective.

i can understand the way you feel, but giving up means you've given in.  we all matter, but i've come to the realization, that i only need to feel accepted by my friends and family.  being of native decent, i've felt the pain of other native people who struggled to be looked at with the same respect as white people were given. 

black people through history have been treated as less than human. it has changed to a degree but i know it still happens. it probably always will, the important thing is for you to embrace those who love and respect you and pity the ignorant ones that will never change.  all people matter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

being half Scottish and half native(haida) I too have been  affected by racist remarks ,or bigoted attitudes somewhat. my mother assimilated to my fathers ways, so that's left me with very little knowledge about my native side , but what I do know is that I've often felt not totally accepted into white society ,and the little bit of time I spent working in the charlottes and finding out about that side of me, I felt the same unacceptance of my being only  half haida , by the haida;s. none of this has ever really bothered me because of my confidence in myself .and the pride that I share with both sides of who I am. everything else is just noise. I've always used this negativity as motivation. tuning out  everything that doesn't matter , and staying focused on what does matter, for myself that's easy. never let somebody else's lack of knowledge effect yours.

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

My ex-gf was not the standard beauty, but she was gorgeous in my eyes. Not a "stick" and had a rounder head, but I loved every bit of her...now I don't find the traditional look attractive anymore lol.

Edited by c00kies
14 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

I know a little bit about how it feels. Being Asian, there isn't a lot of fair representative on TV/in movies of Asians. We're always portrayed as nerds, or fetishized, or just some weirdo in the background. 

But don't give up. I think that change is happening right now, and it's moving in the right direction. 

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i can understand the way you feel, but giving up means you've given in.  we all matter, but i've come to the realization, that i only need to feel accepted by my friends and family.  being of native decent, i've felt the pain of other native people who struggled to be looked at with the same respect as white people were given. 

black people through history have been treated as less than human. it has changed to a degree but i know it still happens. it probably always will, the important thing is for you to embrace those who love and respect you and pity the ignorant ones that will never change.  all people matter. 

I think that us Canadians tend to think we're more accepting and inclusive than "those Americans". But we've conveniently "forgotten" how we've treated Indigenous peoples in the past, and how we still have prejudices against them now. We're trying to repair relations, but there's still a lot of work to be done. 

My ex is part native, so I've heard a little bit about his struggles. And, being Asian, I'm also no stranger to racism. 

I've been feeling kinda down the last week or so; I think I'm just lonely during the days. I'm doing school work via an online course, so I'm home all day while my buddies are at work or school.

Normally I don't mind being single; I'm really not ready for a relationship right now, gotta get my own life figured out first, but winter always seems to get me down. Maybe it's just the longer nights.

Anyway, that's it. Just felt like saying it out loud I suppose.

after hearing all the reports and charges against powerful men who sexually assaulted women, imo, most of us men fall short of appropriate behaviours around women.

while i've never sexually assaulted women and never would, i'ld have to admit that as a young man, i have been guilty of inappropriate behaviour around women.  

while i don't condone sexual assault, i can't plead that i should be free of criticism. 

furthermore, if thoughts were crimes, i'ld still be locked up. 

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Incursio said:

I've been feeling kinda down the last week or so; I think I'm just lonely during the days. I'm doing school work via an online course, so I'm home all day while my buddies are at work or school.

Normally I don't mind being single; I'm really not ready for a relationship right now, gotta get my own life figured out first, but winter always seems to get me down. Maybe it's just the longer nights.

Anyway, that's it. Just felt like saying it out loud I suppose.

Being single is tough. I think the Christmas season is really tough because it's the season to cuddle and warm up by the fire and to be with loved ones. Then you have the New Years kiss and I think it just leads to a feeling of exclusion. 

I would say that I'm not ready for a relationship either, except for one person (but that's almost impossible now) lol, but it sucks when you see your siblings or friends share their lives and bonds with that special person, and you feel like there is something wrong with you...and hopefully all that is wrong is time.