The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I have been working on the same history essay for weeks.

I am so far behind, I have to have another assignment submitted and book the final exam before the end of next month and i'm only 1/4 of the way through the text book. I might have to buy a course extension.....ew.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, J-23 said:

My new profile pic makes me feel cool.

Is that 2pac or Wesley Snipes?  2 Snipes would be an awesome name, Wesley Pac yeah not so much. 

Last night I gargled with lemon juice so I could sing better, faster.

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Is that 2pac or Wesley Snipes?  2 Snipes would be an awesome name, Wesley Pac yeah not so much. 

Last night I gargled with lemon juice so I could sing better, faster.

2PAC,

Wesley Snipes is throwback from White Men Can't Jump.

Edited by J-23

I confess ~

I have no concept of a budget.  I told myself at the 1st of the year that there would be no day trips down to San Francisco, no shopping, no champagne or wine drinking for a month, no eating out, and a budget of $25 a week on groceries, and putting the rest in savings.  And what do I do today, Zara was having a sale! And I look great in everything there! I spent $94 something on a pair of shoes, a coat/long grey woven thing, a dress, and a dark green top.  

At least I have managed to keep the other ideas of what I will not be doing.  I can become such a lush! And those day trips down to San Francisco! - That's like a 3 combined -  lushness, shopping, and eating out!

Edited by brilac
22 hours ago, c00kies said:

I just want to get up and leave my past behind without telling anyone where I'm going. Problem is, I'd want to make sure I have a job where I go, and I should finish my semester and graduate first.

i sort of did this but i did tell people where I was going and I didn't have a job to go to or place to stay at. i gave 6 months notice, applied for a visa and then bought a 1 way flight. it's a good way to start fresh temporarily and be able to prove to yourself that you have a wee bit of control over your future. found that you can't run from all of the problems but it was a nice reprieve.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

So as many of you know Ts and I are getting married in 2019 and wedding planning is hard.

We are also trying for a baby and so I told my family depending on that we may move the wedding date. So my mom (whose has been a saint and so much help) is all like pick a date and im like we wont know till the summer if we move it or not. So its a bit stressfull but nothing crazy.

But wait now we come to my best friend.

I asked my best friend to be my maid of honor and I wish I had asked my other friend instead. We have had problems with my Best friend for the last year because she keeps comparing the death of her senior dog to that of our stillborn baby. This has obvious caused some tension.

So as a way to smooth things out and not to cause drama within my friend group  I asked this girl to be my maid of honor and she has some unusual demands. First she tried to bully me into paying for her dress(its custom for the brideamaids to buy their own dresses). Then she asked if she could wear a dress she wore in her brothers wedding in our wedding. Nevermind the fact its the wrong length and color. Then she demanded I get her transportation to Campbell River when I told her there is a bus she said "why not ask your parents to get us."  And then demanded accomadations(which I already arranged).

Now we move onto my super religous father who went and told my aunt the wedding was postponed(if we change the date it would be earlier not later). We are getting married at my aunts house but my Dad wants us to get married and have the reception at his church.

So anyways he tells my aunt the wedding is postponed and then tells me he could get us the chuch as a venue for free. Um no thanks...not happening.

He is also a pastor who will be marrying us and he still expects to walk me down the aisle. Its going look so stupid my dad running back and forth but will cause too much drama otherwise. I actually want my step dad to walk me down as I am closer with him then my actual dad but he doesnt want drama so he wont do it.

I am starting to see that weddings are more what your family want then what you want.

Edited by AppleJack
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, AppleJack said:

I am starting to see that weddings are more what your family want then what you want.

I've seen this time and time again, and it irritates me to no end. Shouldn't weddings be for the couple? I never understood the Western world's big deal over the "perfect wedding". Maybe it's just a guy thing, I dunno.

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

I don't drink beer

Stole the words right out of my mouth.