The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Best strain of weed on the West Coast. Go for the forum cut if you can find it.

I can't get any weed now currently, it's asinine and extremely upsetting.  I may have to get a medical card or something but I feel my doctor won't sign off on that and you cannot get another family doctor because of the demand.

I really wanted to go shopping today.  I had not clothes shopped in months.  And I have been pretty out of it due to being sick since Tuesday. And I was thinking really carefully how I can get up to Capitol Hill and then over to the U-District.  You can find the best 2nd hand clothes for great prices instead of paying for the items new downtown. So I was thinking how I can Uber it over there instead of bus, then I was like, oh no, I better not, my body may be worse at the end of the day.  So I took a nap.

And woke up thinking about the Canadiens-Leafs game.  I turned on my TV to watch it on my Roku, and it was blacked out. So I blamed it on the Maple Leafs while cursing, cause they're always on CBC.  And I cancelled cable a long time ago, so I don't get CBC. 

I confess ~

My floor rug is off by an inch or two, not centered, and it is driving me crazy!  I was vacuuming, and I moved it around to vacuum, now I am looking at it, and tried to fix it.  Maybe this is obsessive, but my closet, it is organized nice and neat.  Styles grouped together and color coordinated, jeans nicely folded with darks at the bottom with lights at the top, and shoes and accessories perfectly organized.

I'm a terrible interviewee.

Got an interview for a position at PwC tomorrow and my nerves are all over the shop. Can't sleep and my concentration levels today were beyond low. I'm a fairly confident person once I'm in a position and my postgraduate grades speak for themselves, but there's something about being in a situation when I'm put on the spot that really messes with my thought process.

12 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Got an interview for a position at PwC tomorrow and my nerves are all over the shop. Can't sleep and my concentration levels today were beyond low. I'm a fairly confident person once I'm in a position and my postgraduate grades speak for themselves, but there's something about being in a situation when I'm put on the spot that really messes with my thought process.

just remember to look them in the eye. your selling yourself. what are your best qualities? let them shine through. you'll do fine. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Not sure if this is too late.

Remember you are interviewing them too. This is a place you will spend most of your life while you work there. You need to be impressed too. Hopefully that mind set can help you be at ease.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Not sure if this is too late.

Remember you are interviewing them too. This is a place you will spend most of your life while you work there. You need to be impressed too. Hopefully that mind set can help you be at ease.

always retain the right to say 'i'm down the road' and  when the boss is like you cant live without us,     you say..  nah is was lookin for a job when I found this one ....:P

20 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

How'd it go? I applied for PwC, but they didn't even give me an interview, so you're already ahead of me :P

5 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

I have the reports due next week that I haven't started and instead of doing them I'm sitting here filling my note book with possible line combinations for next season

5 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

I have the reports due next week that I haven't started and instead of doing them I'm sitting here filling my note book with possible line combinations for next season

sounds like you have your priorities straight. sounds like the fellow that goes to the super bowl. he noticed the seat next to him was empty. he mentioned to the man, i can't believe someone has a seat for this game but didn't come. the man said, that is my wife's seat but she died. i can't believe you couldn't find a relative or friend to take the seat? i have but they are all at her funeral.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

How'd it go? I applied for PwC, but they didn't even give me an interview, so you're already ahead of me :P

Not great :lol: They seemed quite disinterested and the interview lasted 30 minutes when they'd scheduled an hour. No overly challenging questions but I didn't get the impression that they were particularly interested in me as a candidate.

33 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Not great :lol: They seemed quite disinterested and the interview lasted 30 minutes when they'd scheduled an hour. No overly challenging questions but I didn't get the impression that they were particularly interested in me as a candidate.

Ahh, keep pluggin' away. Took me like 50 applications before I finally got a job and even that was only a temporary one with an extremely small company, but it paved the way to a permanent one a few months later.

Sounds like you have a masters degree (or are working towards one). Are you looking for your first career job or is this an upgrade sort of opportunity?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Ahh, keep pluggin' away. Took me like 50 applications before I finally got a job and even that was only a temporary one with an extremely small company, but it paved the way to a permanent one a few months later.

Sounds like you have a masters degree (or are working towards one). Are you looking for your first career job or is this an upgrade sort of opportunity?

I had an undergraduate degree in Geology before and was doing consultancy work, but decided to do a Masters in International Business as it's always been something I've been interested in and thought it would open up more opportunities for me. I'm looking for work experience abroad at the moment, as there's not a great deal on offer within Scotland. Moving overseas is something I've been keen on for a while now.

I graduated in December and think I've probably sent around 40-50 applications out so far. Couple of interviews here and there but no offers yet and the temp agencies have had next to nothing for a couple of months now. Here's hoping I get something soon. The time off was nice at first but now I'm driving myself crazy just sitting around the house :lol:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I had an undergraduate degree in Geology before and was doing consultancy work, but decided to do a Masters in International Business as it's always been something I've been interested in and thought it would open up more opportunities for me. I'm looking for work experience abroad at the moment, as there's not a great deal on offer within Scotland. Moving overseas is something I've been keen on for a while now.

I graduated in December and think I've probably sent around 40-50 applications out so far. Couple of interviews here and there but no offers yet and the temp agencies have had next to nothing for a couple of months now. Here's hoping I get something soon. The time off was nice at first but now I'm driving myself crazy just sitting around the house :lol:

I feel ya. I felt pretty helpless and lowered my standards pretty far just because I need something...anything to get going on my resume. That said, I really enjoyed all the time off, as I live at home, so finances weren't of much concern. It would've been a different story had I been living on my own.