The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

On 3/19/2018 at 8:19 PM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I had an undergraduate degree in Geology before and was doing consultancy work, but decided to do a Masters in International Business as it's always been something I've been interested in and thought it would open up more opportunities for me. I'm looking for work experience abroad at the moment, as there's not a great deal on offer within Scotland. Moving overseas is something I've been keen on for a while now.

I graduated in December and think I've probably sent around 40-50 applications out so far. Couple of interviews here and there but no offers yet and the temp agencies have had next to nothing for a couple of months now. Here's hoping I get something soon. The time off was nice at first but now I'm driving myself crazy just sitting around the house :lol:

Heeyyyy, SC! You've graduated from your Masters? Congrats!

On 3/19/2018 at 8:22 PM, -AJ- said:

I feel ya. I felt pretty helpless and lowered my standards pretty far just because I need something...anything to get going on my resume. That said, I really enjoyed all the time off, as I live at home, so finances weren't of much concern. It would've been a different story had I been living on my own.

Not envying you guys right now. Looking for work is not an easy job. People start blaming the person the longer the unemployment lasts too and it's hard not to be affected. Being around other unemployed people helps... and also being around optimistic people who can remind you that you aren't defined by the unemployment, that this is just a phase in life that will pass, and who will encourage you to keep going and to do those hard things like networking and information interviews.. Yeah, that helps too. :)

• Upvote 1

I used to think drinking wine in the park and at the beach was legal until I was 22. I grew up with people drinking wine, so it was not unusual for others to drink it at the park or beach.  Then one day, I was drinking wine with my mother at the park, conversing, and others were looking at us.  I had a boyfriend at the time, and asked him about it and if it was legal or not.  My boyfriend explained to me that it was illegal, that you cannot drink wine or any other alcoholic beverages at the park or beach.  Then years later, I asked another friend about those wine picnic baskets, like for picnicing at the park.  What are you going to do?  Drink Kombucha?

2 hours ago, brilac said:

I used to think drinking wine in the park and at the beach was legal until I was 22. I grew up with people drinking wine, so it was not unusual for others to drink it at the park or beach.  Then one day, I was drinking wine with my mother at the park, conversing, and others were looking at us.  I had a boyfriend at the time, and asked him about it and if it was legal or not.  My boyfriend explained to me that it was illegal, that you cannot drink wine or any other alcoholic beverages at the park or beach.  Then years later, I asked another friend about those wine picnic baskets, like for picnicing at the park.  What are you going to do?  Drink Kombucha?

Lol they couldn’t handle my town on Rodeo weekend/county fair time.

I've been lucky enough to go on a couple vacations these past 5 months. Both times I got to go out of the country. Now I've gotta admit, coming back to my life here in BC feels depressing af. The anonymity of being somewhere far away from home is a pleasure in it's own. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

I gave the Starbucks Chai Tea Latte (opting for the Lightly Sweet version this time) a second chance, and I'm okay with it now. 

Still not as good as some other ones I've had (and probably won't order it again), but I don't hate it. 

I can only stand their chai if I get double chai syrup and no water. Otherwise it's way too weak. 

6 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I can only stand their chai if I get double chai syrup and no water. Otherwise it's way too weak. 

I got it less sweet and it's still too sweet for my taste.

Tbh, I prefer the chai from the Indian place in the food court to this lol 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

It just happened for me last night.

This kind of grief on a Monday is too much man  :lol: 

Ah those wounds are still very fresh. My condolences. 

Funny thing is that during the first season or two I actually didn’t like him much. It was only when he left that I realized just how much he added to the show. 

• Upvote 1

Easter and Christmas Eve are my favorite holidays! Both were a big thing when I was growing up, especially Easter.  My mother dropped off an Easter bag for me with a bunch of chocolate and a bottle of wine from a local winery.  I don't think she knew that I stopped drinking wine since December, but I may have a glass, like when I do my taxes or watch Canucks hockey.  

I confess ~

I ate 4 Girl Scout cookies, big bite size pecan chocolate Easter egg, and 2 bite size Hershey carmel chocolates within 10 minutes while watching the Canucks game.  I was hungry!  And the cat tried getting in on the action too when I got out the cookies.  Bad kitty! Trying to steal my cookies!  

• Upvote 2
On 3/28/2018 at 10:00 PM, brilac said:

Easter and Christmas Eve are my favorite holidays! Both were a big thing when I was growing up, especially Easter.  My mother dropped off an Easter bag for me with a bunch of chocolate and a bottle of wine from a local winery.  I don't think she knew that I stopped drinking wine since December, but I may have a glass, like when I do my taxes or watch Canucks hockey.  

I confess.  I mixed up past/present when reading this post and thought you got a bottle of wine in your Easter basket as a kid. :lol:

• Haha 1