The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I practicing  singing almost everyday and have done so for probably 15 or so years.

I am still completely tone deaf and exceedingly mediocre on my best days, and it drives me beyond insane. Music is one my things, and I am a fantastic guitar player and have wrote some pretty good songs over my life time. I have played in bands, jammed with tons of talented friends, and taken vocal lessons, but what ever part of your brain that controls your vocal chords must have not bad its way into my biology. 

I get extremely bitter and jealous when people can sing, and down right mad when people are great singers and don't use that talent. 

• Cheers 1
9 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

A man’s employment plays a big role in his self esteem. I’ve been through that myself and it sucks. Societal norms play a big role in that. Don’t you have a masters? Something is bound to turn up before long. 

From one straight guy to another, you’re a smart lad with a good sense of humour. What more could the lass want? Chin up. 

88978172.jpg

Sorry to hear, @Scottish⑦Canuck, as I'm sure you're hurting right now but perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. It seems like you've been juggling a lot of stressors and responsibilities recently.  Maybe this will give you a chance to just focus on you and bettering your life,  career, and financial situation. 

You're a cute guy (based on your pic in the other WN thread) that's well-educated and interesting to talk to. You will find a girl (or maybe reunite with this one) someday, but for now it's ok to just focus on yourself. Self care is important. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I just got dumped :lol: What timing.

Ouch.

That's $**t news.  

Make a list of your blessings.  Read that list often, especially when you're feeling craps.  Keep a journal too.  Write/draw whatever comes into your mind.  It's cathartic. 

I agree with @Cramarossa.  Your picture clearly makes you out as cute.  Not as cute as Alf, of course!  ::D

Be well.

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I practicing  singing almost everyday and have done so for probably 15 or so years.

I am still completely tone deaf and exceedingly mediocre on my best days, and it drives me beyond insane. Music is one my things, and I am a fantastic guitar player and have wrote some pretty good songs over my life time. I have played in bands, jammed with tons of talented friends, and taken vocal lessons, but what ever part of your brain that controls your vocal chords must have not bad its way into my biology. 

I get extremely bitter and jealous when people can sing, and down right mad when people are great singers and don't use that talent. 

I am the same way.  The one thing that probably plagues both of us is you absolutely have to have 100% confidence in your voice and be able to 'throw' it out there.  The louder I sing the better the chance I have at sounding decent.  But I've gotten to a point were I don't effin care if people laugh/cringe, I find a nice quiet spot on the beach and just have at 'er.  I was jamming down there and this dude asked to join me, normally I would say no but I figured why not.  So we did House of the Rising Sun and I belted the lyrics out, he stopped playing halfway thru and in the end he was 'wow you're really loud'(he meant that in a bad way).  So after that I let him do a song, he sounded in key but was terrible.  He did Badfish by Sublime but sang it in a grungy Eddie Vedder way, I could not keep a straight face.  To each his own, I'll usually slaughter anyone on guitar if they really want to take this on.  I know I aint going to be a rockstar, I just want a nice escape at the end of the day and signing/playing guitar provides that.  I do it for myself, not to entertain others(though that would be really nice)

Keep on rockin' on

11 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I just got dumped :lol: What timing.

Ouch.

ugh, that sucks along with the job stuff. But you are now completely free to shake things up if you're ready for a big change. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Why?

Major turn off from this guy

I really like how they look and I'm *ahem* a bit well-endowed and think they'd look good on me. My bf is indifferent. 

I am nervous because they take long to heal and I have had a notoriously tough time healing piercing in the past. Took me a year to heal my ear lobes and cartilage. My eyebrow piercing never healed, finally had to just take it out. I've read that larger/heavier breasts can be harder to heal. 

Edited by Cramarossa
3 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I really like how they look and I'm *ahem* a bit well-endowed and think they'd look good on me. My bf is indifferent. 

I am nervous because they take long to heal and I have had a notoriously tough time healing piercing in the past. Took me a year to heal my ear lobes and cartilage. My eyebrow piercing never healed, finally had to just take it out. I've read that larger/heavier breasts can be harder to heal. 

Sounds cool!  Do it, if that's what you want.  I'm old, and really don't get the whole piercing beyond the ears, but get doing stuff, if that's what you really want.  Maybe you and your boyfriend (if he has the gumption) could get one each pierced?  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

This isn't my place to say, but you should do what you want.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe you and your boyfriend (if he has the gumption) could get one each pierced?  

Ahaha bf is not the body mod type. I'm still trying to talk him into a tattoo. 

3 minutes ago, Qwags said:

This isn't my place to say, but you should do what you want.

I want to but the idea of my boos hurting for one year or more has me like yikes. I might get a tattoo instead? I randomly get the itch for tattoos and piercings every few years but this is the first time in a while I actually have the income to get it done. 

• Cheers 1
7 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I want to but the idea of my boos hurting for one year or more has me like yikes. I might get a tattoo instead? I randomly get the itch for tattoos and piercings every few years but this is the first time in a while I actually have the income to get it done. 

Mrs. Alf has a small Canadian flag tatooed on her left ankle, from the years she ran track.  Myself, I have a large, and rather fury mole, that pretty much covers my entire body!!!  :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Cramarossa said:

A tattoo is the perfect middle ground.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Qwags said:

A tattoo is the perfect middle ground.

Been thinking of a Canucks tattoo! Is that crazy? My buddy that's a Caps fan wants get their eagle as a cover up. Been wanting to get some 'Nuck's ink and drag him with me ahaha. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Cramarossa said:

Been thinking of a Canucks tattoo! Is that crazy? My buddy that's a Caps fan wants get their eagle as a cover up. Been wanting to get some 'Nuck's ink and drag him with me ahaha. 

Not a bad idea.

31 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

Sent you a message.