The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

I barely put milk in my cereal. Just enough that it touches the top layer of cereal but doesn't cover it. So little milk that the cereal absorbs it all and is spongy and not suspended in any liquid. I'm a monster. 

Monsters put the milk before the cereal o3o

Soggy cereal is the reason why there are still wars going on in this world.  I remember in National Lampoons Xmas Vacation Clark developed some chemical that wouldn't make cereal soggy, why hasn't the real world come up with that yet?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I am a terribly flawed human being. As I've aged I've compromised myself and my values in ways I never thought I would. The worst part is that for the most part I don't even feel bad. A lot of times I don't even feel feelings at all. 

its easier to have ideals when you're younger. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. 

• Cheers 2
1 hour ago, Cramarossa said:

I am a terribly flawed human being. As I've aged I've compromised myself and my values in ways I never thought I would. The worst part is that for the most part I don't even feel bad. A lot of times I don't even feel feelings at all. 

I wouldn't be surprised if you're weighing yourself against the values of your society/community rather than the values you endorse personally. (I definitely could be wrong, though.)

11 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

I smashed my fire fighting fitness test.

It really isn't an extremely hard test as it has to be completed over the course of 5 minutes 30 seconds. You could essentially speed walk it and still pass, however, it was 32 degrees and we had to wear a fire jacket, air pack, helmet, and gloves...all making it a little more difficult. Fire fighting reminds me a little of the Army, definitely some egos involved, you show up and everyone is sort of eyeing each other up but the only difference was the fire fighters are actually pretty friendly guys, I guess that's the difference when you are more in a public service. I finished with a time of 3:05 and i'm still a little fat and out of shape but I totally emptied the tank during the test and it felt good to show that I still have it!

Training starts in September and I believe it takes 14-16 months for me to get truck ready...I really want this to work, if I could get certified and then find a paid job in Victoria would be my career dream.

Congats!

"it was 32 degrees and we had to wear a fire jacket, air pack, helmet, and gloves...all making it a little more difficult"

wearing the mask, beleclava, and with the air on?

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Congats!

"it was 32 degrees and we had to wear a fire jacket, air pack, helmet, and gloves...all making it a little more difficult"

wearing the mask, beleclava, and with the air on?

No, that will be when we qualify each year apparently you have to wear the full get up with air pack and regulator.

We were just wearing shorts and runners with everything else haha.

8 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

No, that will be when we qualify each year apparently you have to wear the full get up with air pack and regulator.

We were just wearing shorts and runners with everything else haha.

Nice to see you are still trying to help people for a living.

• Like 1
On 2018-06-18 at 6:55 PM, Cramarossa said:

We are all terribly flawed.

That’s the experience of human-hood. 

I have some beliefs about the bigger picture, but for those who don’t I think it’s enough to simply make sure the things we add to society outweigh the things we suck out of it (and curtail our flaws short of deeply hurting others to the best of our ability).

The very little I know of you from this forum, I think you easily pass...part of the experience of human-hood is also the need to learn to offer ourselves some forgiveness and positivity.

Congratulations, @diesel_3. Watching your saga unfold on here has been really inspiring. I really respect you and your perseverance. Know that there are a lot of us throughout Canuck-land rooting for you. 

45 minutes ago, nzan said:

...I think it’s enough to simply make sure the things we add to society outweigh the things we suck out of it...

Honestly that's about all I can do. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gurn said:

Nice to see you are still trying to help people for a living.

20 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

Congratulations, @diesel_3. Watching your saga unfold on here has been really inspiring. I really respect you and your perseverance. Know that there are a lot of us throughout Canuck-land rooting for you. 

Honestly that's about all I can do. 

Thanks guys...I'm mostly just trying to help myself right now, focusing on #1 for a bit has definitely helped my sanity. It was a tough year but it's nice seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. It's easiest to think i'm not in a unique position, there are others who have followed this same broken and crazy path, if others can do it, so can I.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1