The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

My dad died last night, I have no idea where to start or what to do. It's just me my sibling and my mom right now.

People will be depending on me to be the man of the house... 

I am so sorry to hear about your father passing away.  If I can do anything let me know. hugs.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

My dad died last night, I have no idea where to start or what to do. It's just me my sibling and my mom right now.

Wow buddy, that's rough man, my deepest condolences to you and your family during this time.

In my opinion start by just being there for one another. Try to remember that life is just one stage of much larger journey. Know that we are made of energy and that energy never gets destroyed it just transforms. Also like energy always finds like energy in this universe. So although you will be missing him for now, when we all pass to the great beyond those like energies find each other, even in this vast universe.

I know that the love and support from your family will get you through this very difficult time. Try to cherish every moment with everyone you love and be strong for your family. If you ever need anything and you think that I could help in any way, don't hesitate to PM me. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Dang man that sucks :( I don't know what I'd do in the same situation...I'd be in a fog.  E-hugs for you too...

JTJW5c9.png

• Upvote 1

that's unbelievably sad. holy. my deepest condolences.

for what to do and where to start, just allow yourself to grieve first and foremost. and do your best to just be present with your loved ones.

don't DO much else, there will be plenty of time to sort out life decisions, etc... once you can see a little more clearly.

• Upvote 1
On 28/01/2016 at 6:22 AM, Mathew Barzal said:

As someone who's dad died when I was young, my deepest condolences to you and your family.  

• Upvote 1
On January 28, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Mathew Barzal said:

Sorry to hear that.

ive been there. As the oldest as well.  Not gonna sugar coat it.  It's going to be hard.  

Take time for yourself whenever possible. Ask for help.  His closest friend(s) can be a  source of support.

let it all out.

• Upvote 1
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:22 AM, Mathew Barzal said:

My dad is in intensive care.  The doctors told us today that there is nothing else they can do.  I am at home right now.  I thought I would be better if I got home, but I am not.  I have not really slept nor ate for days, and am not in the right state of mind, and keep walking around my apt at a loss, and hoping on the Internet, trying to calm myself.

22 hours ago, brilac said:

My dad is in intensive care.  The doctors told us today that there is nothing else they can do.  I am at home right now.  I thought I would be better if I got home, but I am not.  I have not really slept nor ate for days, and am not in the right state of mind, and keep walking around my apt at a loss, and hoping on the Internet, trying to calm myself.

My condolences. I'm not very good at these things, but if you need someone to talk to PM me.

I wish I was more sociable in highschool.

There were a couple of girls, including one I had a big crush on, that always flirted with me throughout but I never had the confidence to go talk to them. I always wonder what type of experiences I would have had if I was more outgoing.

• Upvote 2

Some jerky old guy almost knocked me over trying to get to the biomedical lab a whole two seconds before me. He then proceeded to stand next to the 'ticket' machine and smirk as I hobbled by him (broke the tip of my big toe) I confess I got a bit of a thrill by the glare he gave me when I went straight past him not collecting a ticket because I had an appointment. He was still waiting his turn when I was leaving and I sent him a big smile. He looked so unhappy it made my day. It's called Karma old man Karma.

confession #85: when i was in high school, i loved math, like i would get boners doing trigonometry and my fingers would be all tingly when i would use the scientific calculator, which intensified my boner, but i somehow still managed to fail that part of math D:

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 2