The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Most of those types that I've come across also tend to be self-centred a-holes. I don't care to see 8 figures in my bank account (before the decimal, of course), I just want to have enough to live a comfortable lifestyle and do the things I want. I'm okay with that. Should I come upon a big sum of money I'll obvious take it and run, but I'm not going to run myself into the ground and let life pass me by just so I can drive a Lamborghini.

There are self centered aholes in all walks of life in a variety of positions. I will say that there is obviously a lot of very wealthy a holes. Like every group of people it's all about the company you choose. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Maybe the particular job they're working isn't primarily motivated by money but I think, for most people, working itself is. If I were to win the lottery and have enough to never work again I'd still work part time (for a few reasons, mostly for something to do) but there's no way I'd be working 40+ hours per week. I'd be out pursuing other interests. 

Not me. I'd volunteer to fill any hole there and otherwise could find PLENTY to keep me busy what with travelling, spending time with my friends/family, hobbies etc.

I win the Lotto Max tonight and it's good bye work :lol:

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Fish, travel, golf and repeat. And hotties.

Not much in to fishing but between traveling, food/wine/beer, hiking, biking, swimming, yoga, wood working, painting, family/friends and volunteering... I think I'd make due!

At the grocery store, I tend to say things out loud and have strong facial expressions. 

Today while at the frozen ice cream isle, I was so awed at the ice cream behind the glass doors that my eyes lit up with my finger on my chin, starring intensely.  It was an intense moment, and my expression said it all.  Someone who worked there came up smiling and asked if I needed any help.  I said I was great, thank you, and he walked away smiling telling me to have a nice day. He must have saw the whole thing, the awing and facial expression.  My goodness.

Then came the dessert isle.  It an always I love you, with some I really love you's while selecting my dessert. 

Then there's the organic pizza isle.  It's not a so much I love you, but it's awing at it and smiling while awing. 

Then there's BACON!  Oh my goodness, BACON!  BACON I love you, I super love you!  And yes I tend to say that while selecting my BACON!

Then comes the wine isle, may I say more!  It's the same as the dessert isle, with super loves and awing, mixed in of what happened at the ice cream isle. 

And last, the candy isle.  There's a sale happening right now on select candy bars, and the Hersey Dark Chocolate Almond bars are on sale at 0.50 cents per bar.  It's more of a casual facial expression, more relaxed while I am piling them into the shopping basket.  How can I resist?  Dark chocolate with almonds has health benefits, and at 0.50 cents a bar, what a deal! 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, brilac said:

At the grocery store, I tend to say things out loud and have strong facial expressions. 

Today while at the frozen ice cream isle, I was so awed at the ice cream behind the glass doors that my eyes lit up with my finger on my chin, starring intensely.  It was an intense moment, and my expression said it all.  Someone who worked there came up smiling and asked if I needed any help.  I said I was great, thank you, and he walked away smiling telling me to have a nice day. He must have saw the whole thing, the awing and facial expression.  My goodness.

Then came the dessert isle.  It an always I love you, with some I really love you's while selecting my dessert. 

Then there's the organic pizza isle.  It's not a so much I love you, but it's awing at it and smiling while awing. 

Then there's BACON!  Oh my goodness, BACON!  BACON I love you, I super love you!  And yes I tend to say that while selecting my BACON!

Then comes the wine isle, may I say more!  It's the same as the dessert isle, with super loves and awing, mixed in of what happened at the ice cream isle. 

And last, the candy isle.  There's a sale happening right now on select candy bars, and the Hersey Dark Chocolate Almond bars are on sale at 0.50 cents per bar.  It's more of a casual facial expression, more relaxed while I am piling them into the shopping basket.  How can I resist?  Dark chocolate with almonds has health benefits, and at 0.50 cents a bar, what a deal! 

THEN came the condom isle, after coming from produce

i have a ridiculous, irrational belief that I contributed to Luongo's success as a Canuck.

Here on CDC, about 3 months after he got here, a discussion started about our impressions of Luongo. I gave some offhanded opinion and then some poster came at me hard about what I really thought.

My take was that to that point he had been good not great. I was of the opinion that ever since Bure came to town we had a weakness for players that were supposed to single-handedly become our saviour (Mogilny, Messier, etc...). I thought Luongo should never have been expected to be a saviour, but also was not achieving that unrealistic expectation.

That same week he turned into the Canuck saviour. Some posters on here will remember all the final years of Loungo's time with the Canucks to the point that they'll forget how amazing he was for the remainder of that 06-07 season (winning 30 of the final 42 games played that season).

I still believe that the poster was Lou himself, and I sparked him onto greatness.

3 minutes ago, nzan said:

I still believe that the poster was Lou himself, and I sparked him onto greatness.

I wonder how often players read and/or post on the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if the youngsters (prospects and/or rookies) did, but I doubt someone of the Sedins stature could be bothered to look up what we schmucks think about them.

No comment on the rest of your post. :P

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I wonder how often players read and/or post on the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if the youngsters (prospects and/or rookies) did, but I doubt someone of the Sedins stature could be bothered to look up what we schmucks think about them.

No comment on the rest of your post. :P

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Twins don't even know about CDC

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

@ThrustyPrusty89 @riffraff @ShakyWalton @J.R. @Alflives

Confession update: 

I found a great job back in the same industry I was in before I lost my job. I even got a raise on what I was making before. I'm much happier now and in a much better place mentally with that work/financial stress behind me. Thank you very much to everyone who was involved in the original discussion and for all of your help/wisdom/support! 

Nice one!

feeling better?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Confession update: 

I found a great job back in the same industry I was in before I lost my job. I even got a raise on what I was making before. I'm much happier now and in a much better place mentally with that work/financial stress behind me. Thank you very much to everyone who was involved in the original discussion and for all of your help/wisdom/support! 

Good to hear..it always gets worse before it gets better..

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Confession update: 

Nice, congrats!

In the middle of the storm like you were in, it's always hard to remember that there is a very good chance that the layoff will turn into a blessing. Nice work on making that happen and fighting for your family in the process.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Confession update: 

Awesome!  Glad it worked out ::D

• Upvote 1