Twilight Sparkle

confessions

Rate this topic

Just now, brilac said:

I confess ~

I drank the bottle of champagne last night, and my body is not feeling that great today.  It took me 5 hours to drink it.  I'm a slow drinker and I like to enjoy the champagne.  Maybe it is  the cod and dessert I had while drinking it.  Right now, I am drinking Kombucha and eating a salad.  Hopefully I will get better.  I have a headache as well.  

No priest will ever absolve you of the sin of drinking kombucha

• Haha 1

I was being asphyxiated and thought I was being murdered. It didn't hit me until some time after the actual event, but I am completely traumatized. It hurts even more because of all the $&!# I've gone through in my life before this. But I have never been hurt so extremely.

There was this glitchy guy that used to sit on a small wall near our apt. He seemed normal-ish but would mutter disgusting things to women as they walked by. He started to do this to my wife each morning and she told me about it. I walked with her the next day and couldn't help myself. I confronted him and threatened him. He started yelling but grabbed his bike and scuttled away. I said something I have said a few times in confrontations...to goad the person into a scrap " Yeah, that's what I thought, all bark, walk away %&$*er!"

I strolled with my wife for another block with my chest out , he had headed the other way. I told her that  I'd call the cops to try to do the right thing instead of dealing with this ourselves. She carried onto work. 

I stood by the wall where  Chester usually sat ( oh, yeah I found out his name and more in time) and called the police. When you are on the phone with the cops you are often very attentive as they can project that command presence through the line and you're requiring their help. It took me a while to realise my other line was ringing. I looked at my phone and saw that it was my wife. It was too soon for her to have gotten to work.

My heart dropped and I immediately clicked over...

Crying and breathing heavy...." he's chased me! he found me a few blocks later! he circled back! he has a hammer, he's screaming he's gonna smash my skull in!"

She had made it into a Starbucks with him close on her tail, thank god there was enough people in side to deter him from entering.

I got the location she was at and started off in a sprint ( god, I'm shaking a I type this).

I have never prayed. but I did that day. I prayed that I would catch up to him. I knew in my heart I was going to kill him. 

He had taken off when I found her again. The police did a psyche evaluation and told us to try to stay away from him. 

I saw him at a distance a couple times but my wife had now made me promise not to do anything, begged me. I struggled with it but thankfully he just disappeared.

I post this, because I made mistakes, I should have done things differently. 

I post this because, I confess, I don't feel like a man at all when I think of this. I let my wife down, I swore to protect her.

I am sorry.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

There was this glitchy guy that used to sit on a small wall near our apt. He seemed normal-ish but would mutter disgusting things to women as they walked by. He started to do this to my wife each morning and she told me about it. I walked with her the next day and couldn't help myself. I confronted him and threatened him. He started yelling but grabbed his bike and scuttled away. I said something I have said a few times in confrontations...to goad the person into a scrap " Yeah, that's what I thought, all bark, walk away %&$*er!"

I strolled with my wife for another block with my chest out , he had headed the other way. I told her that  I'd call the cops to try to do the right thing instead of dealing with this ourselves. She carried onto work. 

I stood by the wall where  Chester usually sat ( oh, yeah I found out his name and more in time) and called the police. When you are on the phone with the cops you are often very attentive as they can project that command presence through the line and you're requiring their help. It took me a while to realise my other line was ringing. I looked at my phone and saw that it was my wife. It was too soon for her to have gotten to work.

Crying and breathing heavy...." he's chased me! he found me a few blocks later! he circled back! he has a hammer, he's screaming he's gonna smash my skull in!"

She had made it into a Starbucks with him close on her tail, thank god there was enough people in side to deter him from entering.

I got the location she was at and started off in a sprint ( god, I'm shaking a I type this).

I have never prayed. but I did that day. I prayed that I would catch up to him. I knew in my heart I was going to kill him. 

He had taken off when I found her again. The police did a psyche evaluation and told us to try to stay away from him. 

I saw him at a distance a couple times but my wife had now made me promise not to do anything, begged me. I struggled with it but thankfully he just disappeared.

I post this because, I confess, I don't feel like a man at all when I think of this. I let my wife down, I swore to protect her.

I am sorry.

You did what you knew how to do and were trying to protect her. You're not responsible for Chester's decisions.

It's a scary story, for sure, but it's important to call people out in public for their $&!#ty behavior.

I'm sorry that happened to your wife, it's awful, but what else were you supposed to do? Let that dickwad talk $&!# to your wife every day? Nope. I don't know what, if anything, I'd have done differently.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I am sorry.

I read all of that and felt bad because of everything. I skimmed it, mostly, and I don't remember all of the details even though I'm responding.

There comes a point--more than one--in everybody's life where the immense pain alters your entire ethical system. It doesn't mean you're a bad person.

There is great trauma in this life, especially so for some people, but it is possible to overcome it.

All the best to you and your family. There is so much hardship in this world, and too many people don't understand.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/23/2019 at 9:35 PM, 112 said:

I was being asphyxiated and thought I was being murdered. It didn't hit me until some time after the actual event, but I am completely traumatized. It hurts even more because of all the $&!# I've gone through in my life before this. But I have never been hurt so extremely.

Not being able to breathe is one of the most terrifying experiences one can go thro.

• Like 1

well my confession is bad after that one, but i smoked some weed after hitting my bros volcano, i use too smoke alot back in high school, but toke once ina blue moon, but got the munchies and ate 6 ice cream sandwhices after, the little ones though. felt like ricky from trailer park boys after he ate those cans of ravioli.. im ashamed of my self.

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

well my confession is bad after that one, but i smoked some weed after hitting my bros volcano, i use too smoke alot back in high school, but toke once ina blue moon, but got the munchies and ate 6 ice cream sandwhices after, the little ones though. felt like ricky from trailer park boys after he ate those cans of ravioli.. im ashamed of my self.

There's nothing to be ashamed about.  6 ice cream sandwiches sounds yummy!  I would probably eat 6 ice cream sandwiches while drinking wine or champagne.  I've actually been drinking more champagne than wine these days, and there was a time when I was in my young 20's when I lived on the Olympic Peninsula that I drank about a bottle a day.  I was a lush, and there are many wineries around there.

A confession of mine ~

I once ate at two restaurants for dinner one evening.  I ate a full meal at one restaurant including wine, and was walking past another restaurant, and wanted to eat there was well. 

Edit ~  I actually did that twice.  Eating at 2 restaurants and more wine. 

Edited by brilac

Spent Friday night watching Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Exciting life...