The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

you owe it to yourself to talk to a professional, there might be a way out of this for you where you are happy. 

Oh I have. I find happiness here & there, my thoughts aren't debilitating. 

Even if it's the best rollercoaster in the world, sometimes ya just want off.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:44 PM, falcon45ca said:

Oh I have. I find happiness here & there, my thoughts aren't debilitating. 

Even if it's the best rollercoaster in the world, sometimes ya just want off.

word.

I can relate to so much of what you write, falc. It's alarming.

• Like 1

I don't know if I'm going to see the end of the calendar year.

If I speak about it, I'm whining/bitching. That's the culture I've always lived in.

But I am dearly and gravely hurt. There's so much pain to feel that sometimes it's all there seems to be.

e: 15,000th POST EXTRAVAGANZA!!!! TIME TO CELLY!!!! WOO!!!!

Edited by 112
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, 112 said:

I don't know if I'm going to see the end of the calendar year.

If I speak about it, I'm whining/bitching. That's the culture I've always lived in.

But I am dearly and gravely hurt. There's so much pain to feel that sometimes it's all there seems to be.

e: 15,000th POST EXTRAVAGANZA!!!! TIME TO CELLY!!!! WOO!!!!

This was a good milestone post.

Horrifically sad obviously, but this at least is a good place to talk about it where it’s not considered whining/bitching.

What could someone do to help if that someone was able?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, nzan said:

This was a good milestone post.

Horrifically sad obviously, but this at least is a good place to talk about it where it’s not considered whining/bitching.

What could someone do to help if that someone was able?

ah, there's not much that can be done, and I know that. :)

It just helps to write things sometimes and to know someone has heard me.

Thank you for the kindness.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

So we are taking this online course and one of the modules is on the effects of racism on children and adolescents. We have to watch these videos and as I am watching them and they are explaining about culture and racism. I was reminded about how we as a species can even show racism towards other species (not only are own).

More specifically I thought about how Black Cats are treated. How they are always the last to be adopted from shelters, even as kittens they are picked last. How they are stereotyped as 'Bad luck' or 'Evil' and how some people actually believe this. Or people just dont want them because they are black and black cats are  hard to photograph..

And as a human I seem to care more about animals then other humans because my thoughts went straight to cats and not all the various horrible examples of racism through out history(some of which my family was directly effected by.)

I guess my confession is i am a really a crazy cat lady and proud of it.

Discord cause he is a cutie putie and 'so hard to photograph ':rolleyes:

20190627_204713.jpg

Edited by AppleJack
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, AppleJack said:

So we are taking this online course and one of the modules is on the effects of racism on children and adolescents. We have to watch these videos and as I am watching them and they are explaining about culture and racism. I was reminded about how we as a species can even show racism towards other species (not only are own).

More specifically I thought about how Black Cats are treated. How they are always the last to be adopted from shelters, even as kittens they are picked last. How they are stereotyped as 'Bad luck' or 'Evil' and how some people actually believe this. Or people just dont want them because they are black and black cats are  hard to photograph..

And as a human I seem to care more about animals then other humans because my thoughts went straight to cats and not all the various horrible examples of racism through out history(some of which my family was directly effected by.)

I guess my confession is i am a really a crazy cat lady and proud of it.

Discord cause he is a cutie putie and 'so hard to photograph ':rolleyes:

20190627_204713.jpg

I'm a crazy cat lady as well!  Little Sally turns 14 tomorrow.  She was born 6/30/2005.  

And I think our anniversary together is 8/13/2005.  She was the last kitten there, and on sale for $10!  I packed her home in my bag, and I remember what I was wearing that day.  I was wearing a white shirt with Joe's jeans, and a gold bag. 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, brilac said:

I'm a crazy cat lady as well!  Little Sally turns 14 tomorrow.  She was born 6/30/2005.  

And I think our anniversary together is 8/13/2005.  She was the last kitten there, and on sale for $10!  I packed her home in my bag, and I remember what I was wearing that day.  I was wearing a white shirt with Joe's jeans, and a gold bag. 

Awww I am not good a remembering dates but I have paperwork for Discord and Gilly I have her spay and first vaccination records with her actual birthdate. I had to just look this all up in February for insurance purposes.

We actually want a third male kitten or young cat who would be black or dark colored and whom we would name Winston Churchill or Church for short. We want a maincoon mix or a Persian or Himalayan. We probably wont get another one for a while because our landlord hasnt gotten back to us about having a third kitty.

There are a lot of people in our side of the building with 3 cats and one of my friends lives in the other towers and she was told she could get another dog or a cat cause her 2nd pet is a bird.

Technically our building is a 2 pet building but it sounds like they are bending the rules for certain tenants so I will harass him some more.

We are in a 2 bedroom so we have enough space for 3.

• Upvote 1