The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

My 9 month son starts daycare on Monday. I've been on parental leave since he was born in lieu of my wife (who works in the usa, only 6 weeks leave). 

I miss him so much and he's not even gone. Kinda having an anxiety attack right now.

I guess this isn't really a confession. Just looking for someone to talk to.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

My 9 month son starts daycare on Monday. I've been on parental leave since he was born in lieu of my wife (who works in the usa, only 6 weeks leave). 

I miss him so much and he's not even gone. Kinda having an anxiety attack right now.

Unfortunately you gotta do it.  Doesn't make it any easier, I know.  Hopefully day care is a place you trust and your son will get the attention and care he gets at home too.  Nothing wrong with feeling the anxiety, but do the best you can and you'll get through it.  Soon, you'll find a new normal that is healthy and happy.  Even though a lot of your son's day is at daycare, you'll still get plenty of moments to share.  Try to think of it as expanding horizons and experiences for your son, rather than what he may be missing out on.

Good luck!

• Cheers 2

a close friend of mine passed away 5 years ago next month, but tthis tuesday would have been her birthday. She would have only be 29 years old and i'm not over it. I don't share too many things on CDC that really affect me personally, but this one does, and lately ive been staying up until 10, 11, or noon, drinking with friends who knew her and it's hard. I don't meet too many genuine people but when i do, i tend to get real close

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, 73 Percent said:

I don't know how much this will help you, but I went to daycare when I was 4ish after some bad babysitters...my experience was a great one. I still had kid drama (a kid said I was his friend one day, then the next day said we weren't), but I always felt safe and genuinely had a good time.

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

I don't know how much this will help you, but I went to daycare when I was 4ish after some bad babysitters...my experience was a great one. I still had kid drama (a kid said I was his friend one day, then the next day said we weren't), but I always felt safe and genuinely had a good time.

Thanks alot man. It does help knowing that someone had a good experience.  I never wentto daycare so I dont know. He obviously cant tell us because hes 9 months lol. I think thats part of the reason its so hard.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Thanks alot man. It does help knowing that someone had a good experience.  I never wentto daycare so I dont know. He obviously cant tell us because hes 9 months lol. I think thats part of the reason its so hard.

I was homeschooled and now can't hold a job down. The alternative isn't worth it, dawg. We can't have more 112s running around.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, 73 Percent said:

I have three kids.

first one no daycare.

second no daycare..

third one one was about 16 months and went full time while the mrs went back to school.

believe me we had the same feelings as you hence doing what it took to have one parent (mom) at home  for the first two.

but.

the experience was absolutely 100% positive for our third child.  She became extremely well socialized, independent and self sufficient.  

Its a tough step no no doubt but it can be very good.

• Upvote 1

I've recently jumped on the cologne bandwagon, a buddy of mine showed me this wicked site where you can save a bundle on the stuff. I've always wanted to get into it but never got around to figuring out I like and don't like. I'm pretty excited about it. 

Confession: I own 50 pairs of underwear.

Unrelated:

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I've recently jumped on the cologne bandwagon, a buddy of mine showed me this wicked site where you can save a bundle on the stuff. I've always wanted to get into it but never got around to figuring out I like and don't like. I'm pretty excited about it. 

You look like you'd smell good. 

• Like 1

Last week I was out east doing some recording.  

I told my wife I’d be flying home Sunday.  

I actually came home Saturday, got some ink, went to a movie, went to a really nice dinner and stayed in a hotel.  

Hahahahah

The time alone was so needed and so much fun.   

I bought her her a two day spa getaway on the Sunshine Coast for this weekend though,  so I’d say that’s fair.  Lol!

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1